Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Excited to find this community!

Location - Albuquerque, NM
Rig - 2011 Kia Sorento AWD (no mods, just a roof top carrier and hitch basket). Nothing fancy, but gets us where we want to go.
Overlanding Experience - still would say a novice. We started car camping in 2017 with our then 4 year old. Started with developed campgrounds in National/State parks. Made some friends who opened us up to the world of dispersed camping, and we mostly do that now. Trips are now almost exclusively camping off forest roads in National Forests or on BLM land.

View attachment 250514
Welcome to Overland Bound
Albuquerque is a great jump-off location for adventure.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. I love
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is @
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone. My name is Eddie. I have my 3rd 4runner and for the first time, i want to build it up. Got some stuff ordered already. Building it for overlanding specifically! Can't wait for this journey. Definitely a newbie, want to learn. Can't wait to meet some local peeps! Northern California, Rocklin area.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the trip planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. There is a local monthly meet up in El Dorado Hills that several members from your area attend.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
I have camped all my life but the idea of over landing is fairly new.
View attachment 250394
Welcome To Overland Bound
Good looking rig
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Picture: See attached
Rig: 2006 4runner 4x4 sr5 4.7L
Experience: Desert trails, beach trails, forest trails, fire trails, and truck trails. 3 day max trips. Solo/coop camping. I dislike dunes.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Stumbled across this forum while researching the SwitchPros and the sPOD auxiliary switches. Figured I’d stick around.

Rig: ‘22 Jeep JT Mojave
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning experiencesView attachment 250361
Great looking Glad, which switch did you go with? I settled on Switch Pros.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

New member here but not new to the community or the great outdoors. I am looking forward to getting more involved here. Thanks!

Rig: 2020 200 Series Land Cruiser + 2020 Turtleback Expedition trailer
Experience: 20+ years camping, off-roading, and overlanding
Good looking set up
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is @freak4life
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
21 Bronco Wildtrak 3" Icon Stage 3 lift and 35" tires. 16 Moby 1 teardrop. 20 years Army so lots of "camping" experience!
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My 17 Tacoma, I'm from a town in the northern panhandle of West Virginia called Wellsburg. Just starting to get into the overlanding and camping scene. Looking forward to learning from everyone and possibly meeting a few of you.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
What's up everyone. My name is Eddie. I have my 3rd 4runner and for the first time, i want to build it up. Got some stuff ordered already. Building it for overlanding specifically! Can't wait for this journey. Definitely a newbie, want to learn. Can't wait to meet some local peeps! Northern California, Rocklin area.
Hi Eddie,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Sweet 4runner!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Rig - 2011 Kia Sorento AWD (no mods, just a roof top carrier and hitch basket). Nothing fancy, but gets us where we want to go.
Overlanding Experience - still would say a novice. We started car camping in 2017 with our then 4 year old. Started with developed campgrounds in National/State parks. Made some friends who opened us up to the world of dispersed camping, and we mostly do that now. Trips are now almost exclusively camping off forest roads in National Forests or on BLM land.

View attachment 250514
Hi Mark,

I like your approach to just be prepared and heading out into the great outdoors. Enjoy!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi from BC, Canada. Just bought an old Disco 1 for cheap. Having fun repairing and completely servicing it myself. Learning as I go.

Suspension upgrades are up next and a nice big roof rack. Hope to be able to camp remotely in it very soon.

Wish me luck!
Hi Andrei,

Disco 1 are a great basis for an overlanding rig. Have fun with yur project and good luck.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hi from BC, Canada. Just bought an old Disco 1 for cheap. Having fun repairing and completely servicing it myself. Learning as I go.

Suspension upgrades are up next and a nice big roof rack. Hope to be able to camp remotely in it very soon.

Wish me luck!
Welcome to the OB community from Illinois, US. Hopefully your Disco build will bring you a lifetime of adventure.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 250514

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Wish me luck!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Wish me luck!
Hello Andrei. Welcome to the OB community. I'm sure you'll do a great job and be out there very soon.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

View attachment 250514
Hello Mark. Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi there. Christoph from Vista, Ca here. Originally from Germany, but in the US since 1998.

View attachment 250280

The picture is a bit outdated (suspension upgrade and tires/wheels) , but I am sure I will have more opportunities to share the upgrades. I am sure it will give you an idea of what I am doing. lol

2) Location: Vista, Ca (just 45 minutes north of San Diego)

3) Rig: 2022 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3 L Godzilla engine

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not much. Watched a few videos (well, make that a lot of videos). Drove a tank professionally in the army (1988/1989) and there was a lot of off-roading involved. Been on a couple of offroad day trips in the last 6-8 months, but that is it. A lot to learn.

Last year was a bit crazy for me, but I ended up buying a 2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Tremor in August. I am turning this into an expedition vehicle for long-term, full-time travel. My goal is to travel offroad as much as possible and take this monster all across the US, Canada, Middle and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and who knows where else. I have an offroad capable slide-in camper on order. I am able to work remotely 100%.

This year my son will finish high school and head off to college. Since it is only the dog and me, why should I be stationary?! Planning to start traveling the US and Canada for the first 2 years and then work my way from Alaska all the way down to the bottom of Argentina.

The Rig: I upgraded the truck with an air compressor, offroad lights, Winch, Carli Pintop Suspension lift, and replaced the 35s tires with 37s. Still quite a few upgrades planned. The camper will be ready in August or so. It is an off-road capable camper (Supertramp campers).

Until the camper comes, I am trying to go off-roading more to learn the lay of the land (off-roading) so to speak. I am concerned about my 9 year-old Yellow Lab dog (Shelby) and how she will handle the change. Been training her to be more in the truck. Been taking her to the local parks so that she starts associating driving with cool stuff. She is very skittish, so I am hoping she gets used to it.

Anyway, now you know most of who I am. Looking forward to meet and connect others out on the trails or even locally. Thanks for having me here.
Hello Christof. Welcome to the OB community.