First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Ola folks ,
we would consider ourselves experienced overlanders , but of a different sort. Both my wife and myself are moving off our adventure bikes and into an ol jeep WJ ( were keeping the bikes for that occasional getaway) . we wanted something to pull behind the motor home that would add another aspect to our travel experiences. so here we are! The Jeep currently is in the build process and progressing daily, looking forward to conversing with like minded peeps about future adventures!. we are out of both, Paso Robles CA and Oakhurst CA.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Ola folks ,
we would consider ourselves experienced overlanders , but of a different sort. Both my wife and myself are moving off our adventure bikes and into an ol jeep WJ ( were keeping the bikes for that occasional getaway) . we wanted something to pull behind the motor home that would add another aspect to our travel experiences. so here we are! The Jeep currently is in the build process and progressing daily, looking forward to conversing with like minded peeps about future adventures!. we are out of both, Paso Robles CA and Oakhurst CA.
Welcome to the Crew!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Ola folks ,
Hi Jason and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
My name is James. Everyone calls me JImmy
I used to have a 1987 samurai a long time ago. That little tank went everywhere. I just picked it up 94 XJ on 1/14/23. Time to have some fun.

Rig: 1994 Jeep XJ 4X4 2dr
Experience: Novice
Jimmy, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Congratulations on the new XJ, they are a capable rig and make a great off road platform, plus they have a touch more room than the old Sammy lol

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi all,
Just stating our Overland journey.

We are from Taupo New Zealand and is a family project for me and my two boys.
We are hoping to vlog our missions as we go.

Just have a stock standard 2wd Nissan Navara Ute at the moment.

Going to trawl through the forum and soak up as much info as we can.
Keen to connect with other overlanders in NZ.

Roscoe
Roscoe, Welcome to Overland Bound!, look forward to seeing some photos of your travels, always good to see great locations from other countries.

Clockwork

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Darras
Rig: 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate

Hello all my names Steve I've been offroading/hunting/camping for years but I love getting out into the woods just to escape and not HAVE to do anything like hunt etc. Owned multiple Jeeps, SUV's and now this Colorado.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Ola folks ,
Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State! We have found the WJ to be an excellent platform for both overlanding and pulling behind an RV. We currently have around 220k on our 2000 WJ over 130k of that after it got totaled and we rebuilt it. It tows really well and is very capable with a 4" long arm lift from Iron Rock Offroad. Even with the addition of a newer JK to the fleet, Michelle still prefers to drive her WJ hands down.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello all my names Steve I've been offroading/hunting/camping for years but I love getting out into the woods just to escape and not HAVE to do anything like hunt etc. Owned multiple Jeeps, SUV's and now this Colorado.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Steve
Welcome to OBO
Greatings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

jaymoore24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
moore
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State! We have found the WJ to be an excellent platform for both overlanding and pulling behind an RV. We currently have around 220k on our 2000 WJ over 130k of that after it got totaled and we rebuilt it. It tows really well and is very capable with a 4" long arm lift from Iron Rock Offroad. Even with the addition of a newer JK to the fleet, Michelle still prefers to drive her WJ hands down.
wonderful!!, glad to hear about your WJ and will most likely be picking your brain here in the near future. I was looking at the 6.5 from IRO, however concerned about tow ability, did you need to install the double cardan front drive line? ...see , i'm already starting with the questions.. lol.. thanks for reaching out!

jaymoore24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
moore
Member #

Could you edit your profile to show a city or town, that way the app and members can get you local information
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Central Valley @TOMB
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Good afternoon Kent, still trying to navigate my profile. I've gone to my profile, the about tab, however i'm not seeing a edit button to change my location. when originally signing up, i just saw the us west option, i'm sure i missed it somewhere, but as soon as i figure it out, will surely make the changes. thank you

jaymoore24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
moore
Member #

Could you edit your profile to show a city or town, that way the app and members can get you local information
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Central Valley @TOMB
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

i found it Kent, thank you

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
wonderful!!, glad to hear about your WJ and will most likely be picking your brain here in the near future. I was looking at the 6.5 from IRO, however concerned about tow ability, did you need to install the double cardan front drive line? ...see , i'm already starting with the questions.. lol.. thanks for reaching out!
Jason, sent you a PM so that we don't hijack the new member thread with a bunch of Jeep chat...lol Also when I went to send the PM your screen name is showing as jason_c02aeb which the site says does not exist, but your profile has jaymoore24 which seemed to send just fine. Not sure if you had made a chance and it has not caught up yet, or if it is a malfunction in my skull... @Kent R do you see anything unusual from your end?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jason, sent you a PM so that we don't hijack the new member thread with a bunch of Jeep chat...lol Also when I went to send the PM your screen name is showing as jason_c02aeb which the site says does not exist, but your profile has jaymoore24 which seemed to send just fine. Not sure if you had made a chance and it has not caught up yet, or if it is a malfunction in my skull... @Kent R do you see anything unusual from your end?
@OTH Overland I believe he changed his forum name. I am able to message him.

If there are any issues just advise

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Steve and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Steve, welcome to Overland Bound!