Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone. New overlanding dreamer here from Dubai.
Land Cruiser 200 (2014) with dobinson 2” suspension and Cooper 285/70/17 tires. It’s my daily driver and adventure tool. Planning to equip it for overlandino adventures in the region.
Here to learn and share.
Mohammed
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone!

I think I skipped the whole introducing myself.

Southern Oregon.
Guide for Team Overland and help with trail clean up and trips with Jefferson State Four Wheel Drive Association.

I think I have a pretty fair amount of experience. Since I started wheeling in 2007.

Got a 02 jeep tj for a wheeler on 37s soon to be 40s I hope

And a 17 tacoma on 35s for the overlander.

Also working on a little trailer.

Thank you guys for having this app. It's pretry neat. I don't see a ton of activity, but I plan to put some more events on here.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys my name is Jorge I'm in San Diego CA. I have a 04 4th gen 4Runner. I'm fairly new to off-road and learning as we speak. I have a 94 Land Cruiser that's a new project that I'm trying to start soon.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Okay team. I joined a few months ago. I just retired from the US Army and am slowly gaining experience and confidence. My particulars are that I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, Selec-Trac. It's got open diffs and is all stock presently. It's in the warm-up cage for my daughter to learn to drive. I also have a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 that I purchased non-running. It's about 80% fixed as of today, and hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next month. Payload-wise, the Jeep wins, but the rest is bone stock with road tires from previous elderly owner. Stock capability wise, the Blazer wins (OEM skid plates, rear G80 locker, and off road tires). I've 'car-camped' in a 2015 F150 (don't have anymore) and the Jeep. I've owned RVs for years (5th wheel, motorhome, and our current pop-up). I prefer sleeping in an SUV for camping. My current dilemma is whether I should throw $ at either of my current rides, or push these to my kids and go find something more capable. I've got a small anxiety problem, so reliability and self-reliance are key values of mine. Those are rarely supported by budget friendly options.

In any case, I've enjoyed getting out in northern Utah a few times, but want to get my rig (or a new rig) ready to go for multi-day explorations. I'm leaning towards improving the Jeep, but could be convinced to push efforts elsewhere. Would love to hear any thoughts from the group.View attachment 243961View attachment 243962

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!
My name is Phil and I'm in West Texas. I drive a 2019 4runner. We have tent camped our whole lives. I've been a car nerd since a teenager like most of us. Am fairly proficient in fixing things on the fly and usually have the tools to do it on hand. That has given our little squad to venture further off the beaten path in the quest of silence in the woods. Getting there in a cool rig is just a bonus.
I'm not rock crawling or mudding guy. Our goal is to have all we need in a smaller package than an f250 haha. Have been stalking overland/offroad forums for a long time and have finally decided to get involved.
Stoked to be here and can't wait to help in any way possible.
Hello Phil (@PhilfromTx ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

Not much out your way as far as meet ups go.....but you could always start one. :wink:

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

PilatusDriver

Rank II

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Piety
Member #

Service Branch
USAF vet
Hi all! My name is Tanner, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I'm fairly new to offroading/overlanding - my mom has had a Jeep Wrangler Sport for a few years and I've ridden along with her down some dirt roads and OHV parks. I've also done some backpacking but was always intrigued by the possibilities of vehicle-based camping. After a few years of research and debate, I decided to dive right in and got a 2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison this March and have been loving it! While looking around the OB app I found Merus Adventure Park on the map, and my girlfriend and I took our first trip out there a few weekends ago and had a blast. I look forward to learning more and building up my skills to match the capabilities of the truck!

Attachments

Buck_f0d2b7

Rank IV

Member I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Bybee
Member #

Hi all! My name is Tanner, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I'm fairly new to offroading/overlanding - my mom has had a Jeep Wrangler Sport for a few years and I've ridden along with her down some dirt roads and OHV parks. I've also done some backpacking but was always intrigued by the possibilities of vehicle-based camping. After a few years of research and debate, I decided to dive right in and got a 2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison this March and have been loving it! While looking around the OB app I found Merus Adventure Park on the map, and my girlfriend and I took our first trip out there a few weekends ago and had a blast. I look forward to learning more and building up my skills to match the capabilities of the truck!
Welcome to the forum!!! There are so much here to use to help you in your adventures. I’m also here in Fort Worth so howdy!

Buck

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Hey Tanner, Welcome to Overland Bound

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Tanner
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Welcome Aboard Tanner from Montgomery Tx

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Tanner, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service, I appreciate it very much.

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hey everyone!
My name is Phil and I'm in West Texas. I drive a 2019 4runner. We have tent camped our whole lives. I've been a car nerd since a teenager like most of us. Am fairly proficient in fixing things on the fly and usually have the tools to do it on hand. That has given our little squad to venture further off the beaten path in the quest of silence in the woods. Getting there in a cool rig is just a bonus.
I'm not rock crawling or mudding guy. Our goal is to have all we need in a smaller package than an f250 haha. Have been stalking overland/offroad forums for a long time and have finally decided to get involved.
Stoked to be here and can't wait to help in any way possible.
Welcome Aboard from Montgomery Tx, to Phil from W Texas,

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Tanner, welcome to Overland Bound!

saefaljanabee

Rank I
Investor

Traveler III

Hey, I'm Saif , father of two, world traveler and part time overlander!

Rig: 2012 Trail Edition 4Runner also named ASSAD!!
Experience: Moderate or since 2007

Work fulltime and like to go out as much as I can! Love solo traveling but once in a while I join a group or travel with someone. Like scenic routes and moderate trails 7/10 max!! Not much of a rock crawler but I don't mind some to get to the spot. Favorite area North West.

Attachments

Last edited:

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
Hey, I'm Saif , father of two world traveler and part time overlander!

Work fulltime and like to go out as much as I can! Love solo traveling but once in a while I join a group or travel with someone. Like scenic routes and moderate trails 7/10 max!! Not much of a rock crawler but I don't mind some to get to the spot. Favorite area North West.
Welcome!

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Saif
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank IX
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Welcome to amazing OB. You rig is cool