First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
Hey everyone!
My name is Phil and I'm in West Texas. I drive a 2019 4runner. We have tent camped our whole lives. I've been a car nerd since a teenager like most of us. Am fairly proficient in fixing things on the fly and usually have the tools to do it on hand. That has given our little squad to venture further off the beaten path in the quest of silence in the woods. Getting there in a cool rig is just a bonus.
I'm not rock crawling or mudding guy. Our goal is to have all we need in a smaller package than an f250 haha. Have been stalking overland/offroad forums for a long time and have finally decided to get involved.
Stoked to be here and can't wait to help in any way possible.
Welcome!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
Hello, my name is Nikolay. I live in Pleasanton, CA.
My wife (Katrin) and I have visited East Bay Monthly meetup today, and we've enjoyed meeting members of Overland Bound there.
We like all kind of campings (car camping, backpacking, boat-in camping, etc...)
We have 2016 4runner, and would love to join an overland trip soon.

View attachment 242472
Heck yeah! Welcome

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
Hey guys my name is Jorge I'm in San Diego CA. I have a 04 4th gen 4Runner. I'm fairly new to off-road and learning as we speak. I have a 94 Land Cruiser that's a new project that I'm trying to start soon.
I'm excited to see the 94 Cruiser! Welcome aboard!

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
Hi there I'm Mark I live with my wife of 47 years near Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, TX. I drive a 2021 Wrangler JL sport, 3.6, 8sp, 2.5 lift, 35 inch tires, 5:13 gears w front locker and pull a modified teardrop trailer with Timbren axle-less off road suspension. We are new to overlanding. Last year spent 2 weeks running in the Uray Colorado area. This year we spent 3+ week running parts of the continental between Denver and the Canadian border. Next summer it's 2+ months going to Alaska.
Thanks for welcoming me.

I just read your build! Pretty sick! Welcome to you as well!

jpcobe

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Layton, Davis County, Utah, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Coberly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV999
Service Branch
US Army (Retired)
Okay team. I joined a few months ago. I just retired from the US Army and am slowly gaining experience and confidence. My particulars are that I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, Selec-Trac. It's got open diffs and is all stock presently. It's in the warm-up cage for my daughter to learn to drive. I also have a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 that I purchased non-running. It's about 80% fixed as of today, and hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next month. Payload-wise, the Jeep wins, but the rest is bone stock with road tires from previous elderly owner. Stock capability wise, the Blazer wins (OEM skid plates, rear G80 locker, and off road tires). I've 'car-camped' in a 2015 F150 (don't have anymore) and the Jeep. I've owned RVs for years (5th wheel, motorhome, and our current pop-up). I prefer sleeping in an SUV for camping. My current dilemma is whether I should throw $ at either of my current rides, or push these to my kids and go find something more capable. I've got a small anxiety problem, so reliability and self-reliance are key values of mine. Those are rarely supported by budget friendly options.

In any case, I've enjoyed getting out in northern Utah a few times, but want to get my rig (or a new rig) ready to go for multi-day explorations. I'm leaning towards improving the Jeep, but could be convinced to push efforts elsewhere. Would love to hear any thoughts from the group.IMG_5596.jpegIMG_4763.jpeg

Last edited:

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Okay team. I joined a few months ago. I just retired from the US Army and am slowly gaining experience and confidence. My particulars are that I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, Selec-Trac. It's lookgot open diffs and is all stock presently. It's in the warm-up cage for my daughter to learn to drive. I also have a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 that I purchased non-running. It's about 80% fixed as of today, and hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next month. Payload-wise, the Jeep wins, but the rest is bone stock with road tires from previous elderly owner. Stock capability wise, the Blazer wins (OEM skid plates, rear G80 locker, and off road tires). I've 'car-camped' in a 2015 F150 (don't have anymore) and the Jeep. I've owned RVs for years (5th wheel, motorhome, and our current pop-up). I prefer sleeping in an SUV for camping. My current dilemma is whether I should throw $ at either of my current rides, or push these to my kids and go find something more capable. I've got a small anxiety problem, so reliability and self-reliance are key values of mine. Those are rarely supported by budget friendly options.

In any case, I've enjoyed getting out in northern Utah a few times, but want to get my rig (or a new rig) ready to go for multi-day explorations. I'm leaning towards improving the Jeep, but could be convinced to push efforts elsewhere. Would love to hear any thoughts from the group.View attachment 243961View attachment 243962

Welcome to Overland Bound

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Okay team. I joined a few months ago. I just retired from the US Army and am slowly gaining experience and confidence. My particulars are that I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, Selec-Trac. It's got open diffs and is all stock presently. It's in the warm-up cage for my daughter to learn to drive. I also have a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 that I purchased non-running. It's about 80% fixed as of today, and hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next month. Payload-wise, the Jeep wins, but the rest is bone stock with road tires from previous elderly owner. Stock capability wise, the Blazer wins (OEM skid plates, rear G80 locker, and off road tires). I've 'car-camped' in a 2015 F150 (don't have anymore) and the Jeep. I've owned RVs for years (5th wheel, motorhome, and our current pop-up). I prefer sleeping in an SUV for camping. My current dilemma is whether I should throw $ at either of my current rides, or push these to my kids and go find something more capable. I've got a small anxiety problem, so reliability and self-reliance are key values of mine. Those are rarely supported by budget friendly options.

In any case, I've enjoyed getting out in northern Utah a few times, but want to get my rig (or a new rig) ready to go for multi-day explorations. I'm leaning towards improving the Jeep, but could be convinced to push efforts elsewhere. Would love to hear any thoughts from the group.View attachment 243961View attachment 243962
You don't mention how old your kids are, but sounds like you will be spending on rides. The decision is who gets what.

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

You don't mention how old your kids are, but sounds like you will be spending on rides. The decision is who gets what.
And, welcome Aboard from Texas

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jeffery, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service, it is appreciated very much.

Jorgesam78

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Diego, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Ramirez
Hey guys my name is Jorge I'm in San Diego CA. I have a 04 4th gen 4Runner. I'm fairly new to off-road and learning as we speak. I have a 94 Land Cruiser that's a new project that I'm trying to start soon.
Hello Jorge, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you. Super excited to learn on this forum

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

And, welcome Aboard from Texas
And thank you for your service

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jeffrey
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank IX
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Γεια σας. Είμαι ο Αλέξανδρος από την Αθήνα Greece. Χαίρομαι που σας γνώρισα όλους.
Hi Alexander. Welcome to OB. I will be travelling in Greece a lot and my base will be Athens. Happy to meet you and do some trails together. Please feel free to message me.

Best Regards,

Dimitri