Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Biddle
Member #

Hello Frank (@FrankBJr ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thank you roots. Its' a bit of a drive to the meet ups but I plan on attending one when it gets a bit cooler lol

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
Hi, I'm Frank from North Texas (Wichita Falls), been following y'all for awhile and thought I'd go ahead and become a member. Looking forward to chatting and learning some overlanding tips from ya! I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra I've had for about 6 months now, just getting all the bugs and possible bugs fixed before I start building up the rig. View attachment 237116
Welcome Frank, glad you joined!

Tyranny2k

Rank II

Contributor II

Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Pinero
Member #

Hello! Been owner of this 1994 FZJ80 for 15 years. Was our everyday driver for 8 of those. Became the snow and surf wagon. Been bringing her up to snuff with allot of overdue maintenance, body and paint, a 4" lift, 33" tires on stock powder coated rims. Slee short bus front bumper. Still waiting on the rear. I'm an avid mountain biker, love camping, but relatively new to the off road/overland scene. Learning!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, I'm Frank from North Texas (Wichita Falls), been following y'all for awhile and thought I'd go ahead and become a member. Looking forward to chatting and learning some overlanding tips from ya! I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra I've had for about 6 months now, just getting all the bugs and possible bugs fixed before I start building up the rig. View attachment 237116
Hello Frank, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! Been owner of this 1994 FZJ80 for 15 years. Was our everyday driver for 8 of those. Became the snow and surf wagon. Been bringing her up to snuff with allot of overdue maintenance, body and paint, a 4" lift, 33" tires on stock powder coated rims. Slee short bus front bumper. Still waiting on the rear. I'm an avid mountain biker, love camping, but relatively new to the off road/overland scene. Learning!
Hello Carlos, welcome to Overland Bound.

spectresys

Rank II

Contributor II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Waller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4MBI
Hello everyone! I am Eric from Leesburg, Virginia, USA. I am a novice at Overlanding and just getting started. In my youth, I backpacked and camped all the time. My other hobby is motorcycle touring across the US and Canada.

My rig is a 2022 Ford Raptor and starting my journey to figure out how I outfit my rig with a dizzying number of options! :smile: First priority seems like it should be recovery!! I hope to meet-up someday.

IMG_1280.pngIMG_1343.png

deagle

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Tbird
Last Name
Smith
Hello all, after many many years of dreaming, the wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a cargo trailer toy hauler to convert into our own personal adventure trailer. We've got a bunch of kids so even the relatively tame activity of heading to a campground is an adventure for us.

I'm planning to slowly convert our rig into something we can comfortably boondock with over time.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all, after many many years of dreaming, the wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a cargo trailer toy hauler to convert into our own personal adventure trailer. We've got a bunch of kids so even the relatively tame activity of heading to a campground is an adventure for us.

I'm planning to slowly convert our rig into something we can comfortably boondock with over time.
Hallo Tbird
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone! I am Eric from Leesburg, Virginia, USA. I am a novice at Overlanding and just getting started. In my youth, I backpacked and camped all the time. My other hobby is motorcycle touring across the US and Canada.

My rig is a 2022 Ford Raptor and starting my journey to figure out how I outfit my rig with a dizzying number of options! :smile: First priority seems like it should be recovery!! I hope to meet-up someday.

View attachment 237151View attachment 237152
Hallo Eric
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Carlos
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Eric, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Tbird, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Those trailers make a great basecamp.
If you could edit your profile to include a town or city it will help the app and members get you local information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-members-colorado.24207/
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Eric
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. There are local meet-ups that can be found on the map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Nice rig!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Frank
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO Moore Expo – Midwest Overlanding and Off-Road Expo

Jackknife John

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mueller
Member #

Hello Everyone,

John here from the San Diego area. My wife and I are in our late 50's and hoping to meet up with like minded adventurers for weekend trips and longer overland trails. We did a lot of car camping, when the kids were young, out of a Jeep Cherokee in the 80's, then later is a F250 full size truck with a slide in camper, then to a Class C RV. Seems we have come full circle lol. Getting out of the campground structure and into the wild is our desire now.

Here is our rig.
2021 Jeep JLU
We are novice Overlanders and good Adventure seekers. :)

IMG_2526.jpg

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
Hello Everyone,

John here from the San Diego area. My wife and I are in our late 50's and hoping to meet up with like minded adventurers for weekend trips and longer overland trails. We did a lot of car camping, when the kids were young, out of a Jeep Cherokee in the 80's, then later is a F250 full size truck with a slide in camper, then to a Class C RV. Seems we have come full circle lol. Getting out of the campground structure and into the wild is our desire now.

Here is our rig.
2021 Jeep JLU

View attachment 237199
Welcome, glad you’re here!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone,

Here is our rig.
2021 Jeep JLU

View attachment 237199
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.