GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
Hey All! Ben here from Tacoma, WA. My rig is a 1990 Toyota Pickup. My wife named her Greta. I am currently attempting to re-gear the differentials, add a lift and 33s. Not a project to take lightly. I typically wheel around Evans Creek near Rainier, Elbe hills and Tahuya. I would love to complete the entire WABDR someday. For now I stay local. My offroad experience is decent but I am in no way an expert.
I am glad to finally be a member.
Welcome and glad to have you. Can't wait to see how your project comes along.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New to the overland and off-roading community. My wife and I have been backpacking for 30+ yrs and love the outdoors and camping. Getting to the age where multi-day backpacking is more difficult so we purchased a 4Runner ORP last year and love it. Took our 1st overlanding/off-road trip this year to National Parks in TX, NM and southern CO. Definitely planning more trips out West especially the CDT.
We currently live in south-central Michigan (originally from CA) and looking for recommendations in MI. We have camped through out MI, but no experience with overlanding here.
Greetings Greg, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: GZellmer and Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey All! Ben here from Tacoma, WA. My rig is a 1990 Toyota Pickup. My wife named her Greta. I am currently attempting to re-gear the differentials, add a lift and 33s. Not a project to take lightly. I typically wheel around Evans Creek near Rainier, Elbe hills and Tahuya. I would love to complete the entire WABDR someday. For now I stay local. My offroad experience is decent but I am in no way an expert.
Greetings Ben, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Benjamin
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound. @OTH Overland is the acting member representative for your area. As @Ubiety pointed out, keep an out on the Rally Points for events happening throughout the Northwest.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Welcome from Arizona! :smile:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
New to the overland and off-roading community. My wife and I have been backpacking for 30+ yrs and love the outdoors and camping. Getting to the age where multi-day backpacking is more difficult so we purchased a 4Runner ORP last year and love it. Took our 1st overlanding/off-road trip this year to National Parks in TX, NM and southern CO. Definitely planning more trips out West especially the CDT.
We currently live in south-central Michigan (originally from CA) and looking for recommendations in MI. We have camped through out MI, but no experience with overlanding here.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all. Rowan here from Raleigh NC. I’m a novice and my rig is a 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD. Just got lift kit, Bilsteins and more, and rooftop tent just arrived. I’d like to convert my utility trailer to our overland camper. Ah, to dream…!!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
We are Spencer and Tracy Rury (@Roaming Rury Overland) from Houston Texas.
Our Rig is a 2013 Toyota 4Runner, we call her TRexRunner.
Eibach 3" lift
Shrockworks front bumper, rocksliders, and skid plates
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. View attachment 232164
Nice looking rig! Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello All!

Brand new to Vancouver BC I have a 2017 Tacoma TRDsport, I've always been a camper but just until now I have the adult money to start enjoying Overlanding hoping to catch up with a local-or close group to meet new friends! Bonus points if we can fish
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Excited to be a part of the community!

Names Cody

Rig is a 2014 Ford Raptor. 208k beautiful miles of travel, pin stripes, and adventures.

Live in wisconsin. Not a whole lot of trails here. But look forward to seeing if there’s possibly something I just haven’t found yet.

Been on multiple trips over the years. However I just started building the raptor last year more towards overlanding. So I’m excited to see what the upcoming travels will be!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey there!

Dan here and very excited to be part of the Overland Bound Community.

Rig: currently have a 2022 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak Hard top with the Hoss 2.0 package and some other goodies on order due to be built on June 6 after a long much anticipated wait.

I can’t wait to build my rig, get exploring and get involved with the community here!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone. Paul from North Carolina, USA. Just bought a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe And plan to do some upgrades very soon. I've always been into overlanding and anything outdoors. I thought this would be a great way to keep my 10 and 12-year-old sons appreciation for the outdoors. Anything to get them away from their cell phones and computers.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all! Checking back in after a long absence. I sold my Maza CX-5 AWD, which took me on a lot of trips (Mojave, Sierras loop, Susanville/Shasta wagon roads, etc.) and tons of utility and forest roads for work across the western U.S. Just picked up a 2006 Volvo XC70 and starting to kit it out for a break-in 2,500-mile trip next month from San Diego to SLC, Rockies, San Juans and back, boondocking the whole way. Eventually planning a light lift, skid plate upgrade, Geolander A/T GO15s (which I had on the Mazda and really liked) and some creature comforts, but basically stock for this trip while I get used to her and figure out what I need most. Already got my medallion transferred over, though :)
Welcome from Arizona!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We are Spencer and Tracy Rury (@Roaming Rury Overland) from Houston Texas.
Our Rig is a 2013 Toyota 4Runner, we call her TRexRunner.
Eibach 3" lift
Shrockworks front bumper, rocksliders, and skid plates
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.
Hi Spencer and Tracy,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern