Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
We are Spencer and Tracy Rury (@Roaming Rury Overland) from Houston Texas.
Our Rig is a 2013 Toyota 4Runner, we call her TRexRunner.
Eibach 3" lift
Shrockworks front bumper, rocksliders, and skid plates
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.
Greetings Tracy and Spencer, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all. Rowan here from Raleigh NC. I’m a novice and my rig is a 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD. Just got lift kit, Bilsteins and more, and rooftop tent just arrived. I’d like to convert my utility trailer to our overland camper. Ah, to dream…!!
Greetings Rowan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Rowan here from Raleigh NC. I’m a novice and my rig is a 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD. Just got lift kit, Bilsteins and more, and rooftop tent just arrived. I’d like to convert my utility trailer to our overland camper. Ah, to dream…!!
Welcome To Overland Bound Rowan
A great local contact for you in NC is @NC-Trooper
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Eibach 3" lift
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.
Hello Spencer & Tracy (@Roaming Rury ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Rowan, welcome to the OB family.

Roaming Rury

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Rury
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Eibach 3" lift
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
Hello Spencer & Tracy (@Roaming Rury ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Nice to meet you. Thank you for the information.

GZellmer

Rank II

Contributor III

Grass Lake, Jackson County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Zellmer
Member #

New to the overland and off-roading community. My wife and I have been backpacking for 30+ yrs and love the outdoors and camping. Getting to the age where multi-day backpacking is more difficult so we purchased a 4Runner ORP last year and love it. Took our 1st overlanding/off-road trip this year to National Parks in TX, NM and southern CO. Definitely planning more trips out West especially the CDT.
We currently live in south-central Michigan (originally from CA) and looking for recommendations in MI. We have camped through out MI, but no experience with overlanding here.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New to the overland and off-roading community. My wife and I have been backpacking for 30+ yrs and love the outdoors and camping. Getting to the age where multi-day backpacking is more difficult so we purchased a 4Runner ORP last year and love it. Took our 1st overlanding/off-road trip this year to National Parks in TX, NM and southern CO. Definitely planning more trips out West especially the CDT.
We currently live in south-central Michigan (originally from CA) and looking for recommendations in MI. We have camped through out MI, but no experience with overlanding here.
Hallo Greg
Welcome to both of you to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Greg, welcome to Overland Bound.

GretaGoat

Rank II

Contributor III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
benjamin
Last Name
flores
Member #

Hey All! Ben here from Tacoma, WA. My rig is a 1990 Toyota Pickup. My wife named her Greta. I am currently attempting to re-gear the differentials, add a lift and 33s. Not a project to take lightly. I typically wheel around Evans Creek near Rainier, Elbe hills and Tahuya. I would love to complete the entire WABDR someday. For now I stay local. My offroad experience is decent but I am in no way an expert.
I am glad to finally be a member.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hey All! Ben here from Tacoma, WA. My rig is a 1990 Toyota Pickup. My wife named her Greta. I am currently attempting to re-gear the differentials, add a lift and 33s. Not a project to take lightly. I typically wheel around Evans Creek near Rainier, Elbe hills and Tahuya. I would love to complete the entire WABDR someday. For now I stay local. My offroad experience is decent but I am in no way an expert.
Welcome Ben! Keep an eye on Rally Point, US Northwest in particular for opportunities to meet others and get involved. There are usually a few WABDR events a year that you can join up with. The WABDR is pretty tame but the scenery is incredible; definitely worth the effort. Private message me if you would like more details.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Eibach 3" lift
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
Welcome to OB!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Ben
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region” you are in the Northwest region.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com Overland Expo PNW is happening July 8-10 in Redmond OR.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. Also on the map is the CDT track with over 250 possible dispersed camp sites, it is a great trip.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Reactions: GZellmer and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hay I'm in ohio too I was wondering if we could meet up or plan an event
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. If you are interested in starting a meet-up and need help just message me here on the forum @Kent R or email Kent@OverlandBound.com.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022