Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New member here, I am a novice overlander and hit the trails when I can. I have completed the Trans American Trail and would like to do the Continental Divide next.
I live in Virginia Beach, my rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Trying to build it out with a bed rack and RTT. Looking at getting a metal cloak lift in the near future as well.
other than that, keep on the trail!!
Hallo Leonard
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
New member here, I am a novice overlander and hit the trails when I can. I have completed the Trans American Trail and would like to do the Continental Divide next.
I live in Virginia Beach, my rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Trying to build it out with a bed rack and RTT. Looking at getting a metal cloak lift in the near future as well.
Hi Leonard,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Gladiator.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Leonard, welcome to Overland Bound.

Montana Carl

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert Montana
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kila MT
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. View attachment 232164
I’m from Kalispell Area, Let’s meet up sometime, how can I get a hold of you?

Toxicbatman

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Ronan, Lake County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
McClure
Member #

Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. View attachment 232164
I’m from Kalispell Area, Let’s meet up sometime, how can I get a hold of you?
Hello, that would be great. I've been searching around on here and couldn't find many folks around our area. I was just up in Kalispell last weekend. Definitely have to have a meet up. You can get ahold of me here for now. I'm heavy into archery so weekends are sorta hit and miss bit I'm game to have a meet and greet.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Montana Carl

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert Montana
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kila MT
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Great, next time your in Kalispell let me know. I will be gone this weekend through Wednesday visiting my father in Oregon. I’m looking forward to meeting you and looking at your truck it’s fun building out Overland Vehicles.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
The CDT track is on the map, we did it last year so if you have any questions just ask.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Leonard, welcome to Overland Bound!

Roaming Rury

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Rury
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Attachments

Roaming Rury

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Rury
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
We are Spencer and Tracy Rury (@Roaming Rury Overland) from Houston Texas.
Our Rig is a 2013 Toyota 4Runner, we call her TRexRunner.
Eibach 3" lift
Shrockworks front bumper, rocksliders, and skid plates
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Eibach 3" lift
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
We love Overlanding and getting off grid. We are experienced overlanders but by no means experts.
Hello Spencer and Tracy, welcome.

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Since I have not been very active, I figured I would give an updated introduction.

We started our journey with two Land Rover LR4s. As we transitioned from TN to MO, we also transitions to a Ram family of vehicles: my wife has a 1500 Rebel with some extra skid protection, and I have started building my 2500 power wagon.

I look forward to gaining some insight from our community as we finally buy time to get out and enjoy nature.

See you on the trails!
Updated Hello Michael, welcome to the OB family.
Thank you!

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Hi all. Rowan here from Raleigh NC. I’m a novice and my rig is a 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD. Just got lift kit, Bilsteins and more, and rooftop tent just arrived. I’d like to convert my utility trailer to our overland camper. Ah, to dream…!!
Sounds like a cool rig, you should share some photos/build progress

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Eibach 3" lift
Warn Zeon S10 Winch
Dobinsons Snorkel
BFG K02 285/70R17
Greetings Tracy and Spencer, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R