Rank II

Enthusiast I

Olalla, WA, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Boone
Member #

Jerry, Welcome to Overland Bound. I am the Northwest Director, @OTH Overland helps put together meetups and/or campouts on a reoccurring basis (almost monthly) in your area. Another great resource for meeting up with members near you is the Greater Seattle Area Virtual Campfire.

You don’t need an RTT, bedrack, Skottle, Max-Trax, a winch, or even a high lift jack to be an Overlander here. We define Overlanding simply as Vehicle Dependent Travel. That’s it, no further need to dissect it. Familiarize your self with the Overland Bound Founding Principals. Your F-150 is a perfect vehicle for Overlanding even in its stock form. Don’t over think the build, just get out and go.
Thank you very much for that advice! Let me tell you, for a little bit I was completely overthinking it. So hearing from someone experienced in this area who says "just get out and go" is very helpful. I look forward to meeting you folks in the Greater Seattle Area, I will make sure to save that link!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all. Love to overland and travel hunt. 2021 Gladiator Mojave with RTT setup and Decked system. Looking for some jeepers to explore with.View attachment 233169
Hello
Hello all. Love to overland and travel hunt. 2021 Gladiator Mojave with RTT setup and Decked system. Looking for some jeepers to explore with.View attachment 233169
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service, I appreciate it deeply.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Jason,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Great setup.

Greetings from across the pond
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Johnmosessa

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moses
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Welcome to OB!! We are all family here! Looking forward to see your adventures

Gator1893

Rank I

Contributor III

Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Leonard
Last Name
Scarna
New member here, I am a novice overlander and hit the trails when I can. I have completed the Trans American Trail and would like to do the Continental Divide next.
I live in Virginia Beach, my rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Trying to build it out with a bed rack and RTT. Looking at getting a metal cloak lift in the near future as well.
other than that, keep on the trail!!

Attachments

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
New member here, I am a novice overlander and hit the trails when I can. I have completed the Trans American Trail and would like to do the Continental Divide next.
I live in Virginia Beach, my rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Trying to build it out with a bed rack and RTT. Looking at getting a metal cloak lift in the near future as well.
Welcome!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Leonard, welcome to the OB family.