Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all my name is Rick, I live in Markham Va (Faquier County almost into Warren Co.) , I moved here ~ 1year ago for work. Its just me my dog and the rig as a hobby I started building out my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. I have replaced the front bumper, mounted a winch, added fog and headlights lights, onboard air; Last weekend i installed a trail Rax and my tent is expected on Friday! I know how much fun i have by myself exploring the backcountry, I can only imagine what it would be like in a group that can help me learn the full capabilities of my keep. I look forward to meeting new people and exploring the National Forests that are in my backyard and the lands beyond.
Welcome To Overland Bound Rick
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Thanks for the warm welcome! That's awesome! I am meaning to make a trip up to Washington at some point so I'll have to see about syncing up with the community over-there :). Yeah I am really digging the sheer amount of service members and first-responders that are into adventuring, loads of transferable skills haha.
If you get up this way, let me know, would be happy to meet you and show you a good trail or two, and there is a remote possiblity it won't even be raining..lol

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome! That's awesome! I am meaning to make a trip up to Washington at some point so I'll have to see about syncing up with the community over-there :). Yeah I am really digging the sheer amount of service members and first-responders that are into adventuring, loads of transferable skills haha.
If you get up this way, let me know, would be happy to meet you and show you a good trail or two, and there is a remote possiblity it won't even be raining..lol
Haha sounds good to me!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

1. I don't know what I am doing. And I would like to figure that out.
2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
Hello no name, welcome to Overland Bound. Hello Fred

Last edited:

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
Hello no name, welcome to Overland Bound.
LOL let me update that real quick

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Cheers,
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you!!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Vehicle: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Experience: Novice
About me: I like travel and anything with a engine. Just getting into overlanding and building my rig for it. Looking to meet like minded people.
Aleksey, Welcome to Overland Bound, We are about an hour and half north of you, Lots of great people in your area, and tons of great places to explore. Nice looking Jeep, sooo many options when building the JKU.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Cheers,
Hallo Freyr
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Cheers,
Hallo Freyr
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thanks for the greetings! I have always wanted to travel to Sweden and check out the history and landscapes, it’s awesome to know there are community members located there!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Cheers,
Hallo Freyr
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thanks for the greetings! I have always wanted to travel to Sweden and check out the history and landscapes, it’s awesome to know there are community members located there!
You are always Welcome to Sweden
When you coming this way let me know
Drop by for a taste of my handcrafted beers
WBR
Bengt N
OB 30728

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Cheers,
Hallo Freyr
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
You are always Welcome to Sweden
When you coming this way let me know
Drop by for a taste of my handcrafted beers
WBR
Bengt N
OB 30728
Well you had me at handcrafted beer so I’ll be hitting you up for sure haha

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Experience: Novice
About me: I like travel and anything with a engine. Just getting into overlanding and building my rig for it. Looking to meet like minded people.
Welcome To Overland Bound
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
H

Cheers,
Hello Freyr, welcome to the campfire!

Reactions: Kent R and Fbarnard