Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all
Mike O, a.k.a. WesternColorado
Live in Mesa County Colorado.
Rig: 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser
Novice with new 4x4 (new to me)
Looking forward to meeting all I can and learning from those with more experience.
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone I'm Scott
Live outside of McMinnville Oregon
I have a 99 Ford Super Duty 7.3 4x4
I've been overlanding most of my life without knowing it. Really got into it fully in 2020, couldn't go to Mexico for our honeymoon so a good friend that's got a rather large YouTube channel (I won't name drop) helped me plan out a week long trip in southern Oregon and I've been hooked ever since.
After the trip I started building my current wedge camper and have been adding to it ever since. I have found a overland build is never done.
Anyone interested in the wedge build all the pics are on my IG account.
Looking forward to meeting new fellow overlanders.
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all my name is Rick, I live in Markham Va (Faquier County almost into Warren Co.) , I moved here ~ 1year ago for work. Its just me my dog and the rig as a hobby I started building out my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. I have replaced the front bumper, mounted a winch, added fog and headlights lights, onboard air; Last weekend i installed a trail Rax and my tent is expected on Friday! I know how much fun i have by myself exploring the backcountry, I can only imagine what it would be like in a group that can help me learn the full capabilities of my keep. I look forward to meeting new people and exploring the National Forests that are in my backyard and the lands beyond.
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone!

My name is Brandon. I run a full-size build. I drive a 2018 Super Duty with a very long list of modifications. If there is interest I can go into detail about what is done to the truck.

New to overlanding, but not new to off-roading. Trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can.

If you'd like to see more of the truck just let me know or check out the instagram page @unchainedalumiduty
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, I’m Shawn from northwest arkansas.. I am working on building my 21 gladiator. I have added a fishbone half tackle rack and a smittybuilt gen 2 xl tent on it. Looking to just get away on weekends and leave that work stress behind.
Hello Shawn, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone. I am Bill. I live in Colorado. Drive a 2008 stock Toyota Tacoma DCSB. I am currently designing and building a sleeping platform for the bed and preparing for an 8 week sabbatical. The first week is me by myself in the woods, decompressing, reading, fishing, Mountain Biking, Hammocking and resting. So I joined to seek wisdom from others who have gone before me. I am a rookie to say the least. I have watched a lot of Youtube learning about overloading, camping & survival. Looking forward to the engagement from you all.
Hello Bill, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
1) Location - I live in Houston, Texas
2) Rig - 2008 Jeep Commander Overlander with 5.7L V8 Hemi - Currently working on 2" Old Man Emu lift and putting on all terrain tires.
3) Overlanding Experience Background - Pretty new to Overlanding. Tons of camping experience. I have been trying to sleep in the back of my jeep with a mattress with all the seats down and have a battery powered Zero Breeze A/C. Recently been going to the beach and sleeping in my Jeep there.

I have a wife and 5 kids, so things can be a little tricky. I have been taking 1 kid at a time recently. Looking forward to sharing information. Texas can be a little challenging but am planning a trip to Padre Island National Seashore at some point and hoping to get to Colorado this summer in order to get the heck out of the terrible Houston summer heat.
Hello Michael (@mikecav19 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol). Been to PINS many a time myself. You will really enjoy it once you get past the daily visitors area. Try and make it to the 60 mile point. Worth the drive.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Names Gary
Location central Texas
2013 jeep wrangler name blueberry
We are outdoors family
But still learning overland a little every trip
Hello Gary (@Meatgrinder ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol). You are right up the road from us. You picked a good time to join as we have our monthly meet next week, Jun 4. Check out the details here: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

1. I don't know what I am doing. And I would like to figure that out.
2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
@Fbarnard, Welcome to Overland Bound, you are in a great area for exploring, we love to travel down there. Love that you were an EMT, I spent years in the fire service and SAR, my EMT license is expired now also.

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

@Fbarnard, Welcome to Overland Bound, you are in a great area for exploring, we love to travel down there. Love that you were an EMT, I spent years in the fire service and SAR, my EMT license is expired now also.
Thanks for the warm welcome! That's awesome! I am meaning to make a trip up to Washington at some point so I'll have to see about syncing up with the community over-there :). Yeah I am really digging the sheer amount of service members and first-responders that are into adventuring, loads of transferable skills haha.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB forum!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers,
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add!!

Started into overlanding as an upgrade to my hunting and fishing rig.

2020 Tacoma Extra Cab with Topotopper Badlander camper out of Ventura CA

View attachment 231245View attachment 231246
Welcome to Overland Bound
Good looking setup
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. I am Bill. I live in Colorado. Drive a 2008 stock Toyota Tacoma DCSB. I am currently designing and building a sleeping platform for the bed and preparing for an 8 week sabbatical. The first week is me by myself in the woods, decompressing, reading, fishing, Mountain Biking, Hammocking and resting. So I joined to seek wisdom from others who have gone before me. I am a rookie to say the least. I have watched a lot of Youtube learning about overloading, camping & survival. Looking forward to the engagement from you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bill
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo® August 26-28 in Loveland CO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I’m Shawn from northwest arkansas.. I am working on building my 21 gladiator. I have added a fishbone half tackle rack and a smittybuilt gen 2 xl tent on it. Looking to just get away on weekends and leave that work stress behind.
Welcome To Overland Bound Shawn
A great local contact is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My name is Brandon. I run a full-size build. I drive a 2018 Super Duty with a very long list of modifications. If there is interest I can go into detail about what is done to the truck.

New to overlanding, but not new to off-roading. Trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can.

If you'd like to see more of the truck just let me know or check out the instagram page @unchainedalumiduty
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandon
This is a page you might like, Full Sized Rigs
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®