First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings Everyone

We’re very excited to become members and explore the wealth of knowledge here, meet others with similar interests and explore and enjoy the “outback”!
We are very fortunate to live in an area rich in history and areas to be discovered…. Dayton Nevada.
Additionally I am very blessed to be employed by Carson City Parks and Rec - “Open Spaces”.
My job is to take care of all the outlying historic properties the city has acquired over the years to preserve the heritage of the area. There is over 8500 acres of old ranches, rail beds, canyons, old mining areas and more.
We moved here from Oregon last year - I’m an old logger and miss the woods - but this area and overland bound is sure opening new horizons for us!
Hello Dennis, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greeting y’all from the Bay Area.
I’ve started building up my MB G550 to be an overland rig.
First thing was fixing a the little broken things on the truck, a 2” lift, some 33” BFG KO2 tires, and a new 12” screen for the head unit.
Need to order a roof rack system soon also.
And going to start looking for winch and some rock sliders and armor for the bottom.
View attachment 223806
View attachment 223807
Hello Austin, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone!

Just found this community and I'm happy I did!

I live in Los Angeles and have been overlanding for about 8 years now--started with a Diesel Jeep Liberty and upgraded to a 2009 V8 4Runner about four years ago and have been slowly building up the Gold Eagle to get my family and I out there.

My favorite stomping grounds are Death Valley, the Los Padres NF (Mt. Pinos Ranger District) and Johnson Valley BLM / Mojave NP. I love the desert.

We're active Scouters and are always looking for other families to cruise with--none of our kids' friends fams have vehicles that can keep up with us and we like camping in places where no reservations are possible ;)

During Covid, I started filming complete trail runs to build a visual trail encyclopedia and to answer my friends questions, "Can I make it with my vehicle?" The Community might find them interesting, you can check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ko9_u8OYmLj0UYwn72Q2w

Mod List:
  • 275/70/17 KO's
  • 2' Icon Lift
  • GAMIVITI Rack (highly recco these guys)
  • Kenwood TM-V71 Radio
  • WaterPort Weekender
  • ARB compressor under the hood

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person one of these days!

Cheers,

P & The Gold Eagle

View attachment 223854
Hello P and the Gold Eagle, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks for the add. I drive a 2003 Tacoma, live in California, and particularly enjoy the Death Valley and Owens Valley area. I'm looking forward to learning of new places to visit, and ideas to improve my off road experience.
Hello Mil, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

Just joining this forum, but I've been a long term Hummer enthusiast.

Pinckney, MI
2000 H1 Hummer soft top
1992 H1 Hummer wagon
2021 Toyota 4Runner ORP
2022 Toyota 4Runner ORP

I'm not a novice, but not an expert. I've been "offroading" since 2000.. and camping and traveling around the US for longer than that. But we haven't done much really remote travel. Working my way up to the Australian Outback.

Thanks,
-Chris
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

Just joining this forum, but I've been a long term Hummer enthusiast.

Pinckney, MI
2000 H1 Hummer soft top
1992 H1 Hummer wagon
2021 Toyota 4Runner ORP
2022 Toyota 4Runner ORP

I'm not a novice, but not an expert. I've been "offroading" since 2000.. and camping and traveling around the US for longer than that. But we haven't done much really remote travel. Working my way up to the Australian Outback.

Thanks,
-Chris
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,
Excited to be a part! We are an outdoor family of 5 who loves to get out to areas all around us and depending on the trip...
Latest Rig: '20 Jeep Gladiator Sprot S, 37" Patagonia, MTs, 538 gears, onboard air, Solar, and more.View attachment 223996
Play rigs: '08 Jeep JKUR fully built, '99 XJ 4.0 man, '87 YJ
View attachment 223999
Trailer: Custom outfitted Scout
View attachment 223998
located in Lehi Utah
Hello Dane, welcome to the OB family.

P4gemaker

Rank II

Contributor III

Fremont, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Head
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROY505
Greetings everyone! My wife and I are recently getting into overlanding; we were inspired to start outfitting our Tacoma during a camping trip when we watched someone with a rig break camp while we were still rolling up our bedding.

We're from the Triangle area in NC, and the rig's name is Sandy. Look forward to running into some of y'all on the trails!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
Excited to be a part! We are an outdoor family of 5 who loves to get out to areas all around us and depending on the trip...
Latest Rig: '20 Jeep Gladiator Sprot S, 37" Patagonia, MTs, 538 gears, onboard air, Solar, and more.View attachment 223996
View attachment 223999
View attachment 223998
located in Lehi Utah
Hello Dane, welcome to Overland Boiund.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings everyone! My wife and I are recently getting into overlanding; we were inspired to start outfitting our Tacoma during a camping trip when we watched someone with a rig break camp while we were still rolling up our bedding.

We're from the Triangle area in NC, and the rig's name is Sandy. Look forward to running into some of y'all on the trails!
Hello Kenneth, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Kenneth
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,
View attachment 223999
View attachment 223998
located in Lehi Utah
Hello Dane, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Kenneth, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello,
View attachment 223999
View attachment 223998
located in Lehi Utah
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us. Very Nice rig.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Kenneth, welcome to the OB family.