Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member old timer here. I’ve been watching Overland Bound on YouTube for years and it is part of my way to stay connected even if I’m not out away from the city…

…Denver Colorado area

…1989 Ford Bronco for the day trips in the mountains of Colorado and Utah…

View attachment 216105
Nice 89, I too ride in style with an 89 EB

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member old timer here. I’ve been watching Overland Bound on YouTube for years and it is part of my way to stay connected even if I’m not out away from the city.
I’ve been an adventurer my whole life and car camping and overlanding is comfort for me. Found memories of bombing down the road with my Grandfather in his 62 Pontiac Bonneville with a canvas tent and his trusty camp stove, catching fish for dinner. Anyway…

Denver Colorado area
2000 Ford Expedition set up for how me and my wife like to enjoy getting out.
1989 Ford Bronco for the day trips in the mountains of Colorado and Utah.
Ive been off-roading and camping my whole life so I guess I’m “experienced”. I also ride dirt bikes and do a few big multi day rides yearly with only what you can carry on your back so I tend to be a minimalist type overlander. You can fit a full sized mattress in the back of an Expedition so sleeping in comfort is important to me. I document my adventures on YouTube mostly for my relatives but I’m getting a little better at it. Starks Expeditions is my channel. I’m always looking to add like minded people to my trips. And it is an honor to help people get out and help them become comfortable off the beaten path.

View attachment 216104View attachment 216105
Greetings Richard and welcome to Overland Bound! Love the Bronco!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 216219

Hello everyone. My name is Glen
I am in Albuquerque, NM
2001 Cherokee XJ (I have had it 16 years) The paint is bad but that has it's advantages!
I moved to NM in 2004 and started exploring right away. I do not claim to be an expert but I have fun!
Greetings Glen and welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi folks,

after lurking on YouTube for a while and dreaming of exploring eventually, I finally pulled the trigger and joined the community.

I had a few rough months on top of two already challenging years, and while there is light at the end of the tunnel, my batteries have been completely drained. Before jumping into anything new, I feel like I need to take some time for myself to settle down, recharge, and think about what I actually want to do in life. The last few years feel a bit like on autopilot, and I need to make some changes to prevent ending up in a similar situation again in a few years time.

While thinking about this situation I was reminded of some of the Overland Bound videos, and What I really Think about Overlanding in particular really resonated with me. I always talked about traveling Europe, hiking or mountain biking, and picking up photography as a hobby again. It didn't click for me until now, but with hindsight I feel like I've known for a long time that I needed to get into the outdoors again and reconnect with nature.

I live in the Netherlands, which is both very densely populated and in large parts artificial land. Especially where I live, everything piece of nature is a park and there isn't much wilderness to explore. As a complete novice when it comes to travel and camping, I'm looking to do smaller weekend trips through winter and stay in hotels/hostels/..., and then slowly extend my comfort zone into camping come spring. My mid-term goal is to spend a few weeks on the road exploring either Scandinavia or Iberia, hopefully in the summer of next year.

For now I'll be traveling with my Saab 9-7X (a re-badged Chevy Trailblazer), but I'm strongly considering treating myself to something that has better parts coverage in Europe and is easier to modify long-term. Think Land Cruiser 120 or similar.

Looking forward to meeting you on the trail!
Greetings Jan and welcome to OB!

Sonic

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hello All,

If there's a level below beginner that would be me.

Now, if there was a ranking for obessive youtube watching, web researching and forum reading, I'd be expert master supreme.

However, I am very quickly getting to that point where I need to actually start interacting with people who know and do this stuff vs reading and watching about it.

Therefore here I am and I look forward to picking your brains.

As for me, I'm in the Ottawa area up in Canada.

Current rig is so wholly incapable of overlanding it's not worth mentioning. Looking to change that in the new year and I'm currently targeting a late model Xterra Pro 4X.

I have some big plans for the new year so, assuming all the stars align, I'll be seeing you out on the trails soon enough!

ShaneDrake

Rank 0

Contributor I

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Drake
Rig: Frankenstein 3rd Gen 4Runner
‘96 Limited base, mostly parted from a ‘00 SR5
3.4 just shy of 430k miles
5 speed
E-Locker
Experience: Not sure how much technical overlandIng I’ve been doing; but She’s my hunting rig, so I’ve been using her to venture the National forests and other public lands in search of quail, woodcock, and ducks since 2012

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As Rick has already written in the MidEurope section, some meetings are planned. Check out the RallyPoints please.
Dear Björn,

we are already in Turkey heading for Iran. Middle East seems to be poorly covered until now. Hope community grows.

Best
Julian
Hi Julian,

You could check on the member map who is nearby and along the planned route.

Safe travels
Bjoern

lejouz

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Uçhisar, Nevşehir, Turkey
First Name
Julian
Last Name
Lenk
Member #

As Rick has already written in the MidEurope section, some meetings are planned. Check out the RallyPoints please.
Dear Björn,

we are already in Turkey heading for Iran. Middle East seems to be poorly covered until now. Hope community grows.

Best
Julian
Hi Julian,

Safe travels
Bjoern
Thanks and yeah, I have seen that option. I meant more in terms of tracks, things to do and see and service points.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Dear Björn,

Best
Julian
Hi Julian,

Safe travels
Bjoern
Thanks and yeah, I have seen that option. I meant more in terms of tracks, things to do and see and service points.
Understand. I have added some in Central Asia, Caucaus Area and Turkey. So if you see some interesting POIs along your route please add if you like. Every valuable contribution is welcome. Thanks a lot!

HuffyWK

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Huffy
Last Name
Hafera
Member #

Howdy Overlanders!

I’m a Bay Area Over landing novice, having picked up a 2005 Grand Cherokee this year. Ive put a “2 lift and some 32’s on it, and I’ve done some of Usal road and the Old Coast Road and I look forward to more adventures!
Cheers!
Huffy

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Overlanders!

I’m a Bay Area Over landing novice, having picked up a 2005 Grand Cherokee this year. Ive put a “2 lift and some 32’s on it, and I’ve done some of Usal road and the Old Coast Road and I look forward to more adventures!
Cheers!
Huffy
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and HuffyWK

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings All,

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - new rig for me and I’m working on prepping it for overlanding
Overlanding Experience: Novice
Looking forward to learning from the community and meeting new folks on the trail.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: Frankenstein 3rd Gen 4Runner
‘96 Limited base, mostly parted from a ‘00 SR5
3.4 just shy of 430k miles
5 speed
E-Locker
Experience: Not sure how much technical overlandIng I’ve been doing; but She’s my hunting rig, so I’ve been using her to venture the National forests and other public lands in search of quail, woodcock, and ducks since 2012
Welcome To Overland Bound
Good looking build.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Online Courses - Tread Lightly

Reactions: Shahn