First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force 4N -> 46N
Hello everyone!

I am from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I have always loved the outdoors and as my children are growing we have been more able to get out camping and hiking and I aspire to do more overlanding travel as they grow!
My current rig is a 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid that is my daily driver. We are ground tent campers for now, looking to get a small trailer with a RTT to give us a few more comforts and ability to go further! I am definitely a novice when it comes to overlanding and off-road travel! I am a Nurse now but started out as an Air Force Medic, I love all things wilderness medicine and teaching/learning from others, I hope to continue to expand my knowledge and experience through this group!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone!

I am from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I have always loved the outdoors and as my children are growing we have been more able to get out camping and hiking and I aspire to do more overlanding travel as they grow!
My current rig is a 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid that is my daily driver. We are ground tent campers for now, looking to get a small trailer with a RTT to give us a few more comforts and ability to go further! I am definitely a novice when it comes to overlanding and off-road travel! I am a Nurse now but started out as an Air Force Medic, I love all things wilderness medicine and teaching/learning from others, I hope to continue to expand my knowledge and experience through this group!
Hello Samuel, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All,

New member here from Santa Maria, CA.
My stable includes a 5th Gen 4Runner and a Jeep TJ.
Experienced camper but very little Overlanding Experience.
Looking to meet like-minded individuals and get out on some trails.
Greetings Art and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello! My name is Steve G. I'm very interested in learning from all you folks that have done some offroading with a trailer. Mine isn't really setup to get into rough stuff, but I did take it up a few washed out roads this summer up here in the Pacific NW. Thanks for having me!
Greetings Steve and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All
Thanks for letting me join. While I’ve been a life long outdoors activity person, from hiking, backpacking, MTB to fishing and hunting, I’m relatively new to overlanding. I’m DFW based and as a family we have three fairly robust vehicles capable of reasonably technical overlanding. With that said, we are looking for opportunities to overland as a family and as part of a larger group. We are also looking for guided adventure, where we can learn best practice, effective use of equipment and sustainability practices.

My personal truck is a 2013 Land Rover LR4. I’ve made some modifications, including the OEM recommended Warn Winch. My desire is do some further modifications that include a swing bar for my spare tire, as well as interior mods to accommodate cooking, refrigeration etc. Some of these I can do by myself, but for some of the exterior mods I’m hopeful someone here can recommend a garage or someone who does high-quality work. I’m in the Grapevine (DFW) area and would welcome any recommendations. My son has a. 2017 4Runner TRD pro and he is looking to do some mods as well.

Again, nice to be here and look forward to future adventures.
Greetings Kevin and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone!

Greetings Samuel and welcome to OB!

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hello everyone!

Welcome here at OB family!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@Gunners01 ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are on occasion meet ups in the DFW area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Member Reps, @Roots66 is another Member Rep based in Texas. Let us know if you have any questions.

ParaD0x

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Mobile, AL
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stone
Member #

Hey everyone. I made this account two years ago and I havent touched it since.
I live in lower Alabama with my family. I have a 05 2wd Toyota Tacoma Offroad that I'm looking to turn into a Overlanding rig. I"m just looking for some locals to hang out with and show me a few things so I can do some camping with my kids. Planning a trip to Big Bend in 2024 for the eclipse so we thought overlanding would get us a better view for some photos and some astrophotography that night.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hello everyone!

Welcome and thanks for your service. Check out this thread to start getting in touch with the locals: Where’s the Utah people at??

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hey Everyone,
I'm Todd and I'm from Carlsbad, CA. I have an 07 4Runner that I've slowly been building out. We recently moved back to SoCal and I'm looking forward to getting out into the desert again. I'm a novice overlander.
Welcome to the OB family Todd.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hey everyone. I made this account two years ago and I havent touched it since.
I live in lower Alabama with my family. I have a 05 2wd Toyota Tacoma Offroad that I'm looking to turn into a Overlanding rig. I"m just looking for some locals to hang out with and show me a few things so I can do some camping with my kids. Planning a trip to Big Bend in 2024 for the eclipse so we thought overlanding would get us a better view for some photos and some astrophotography that night.
Welcome to the OB family ParaDox.