Pinole, California, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6USY
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Nice Heather , my wife had a crosstrek and loved great cars!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Hello Heather, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Sup y’all! I’m new to the community I just bought a lifted 2002 wrx that i’m going to try and build to an overland standpoint! I’m on a 14 Year olds budget so it’s a slow and steady process . I’m still just trying to learn as much as possible and get into the community!
Hello Bergie, welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

snomonster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
bergie
Last Name
snomonster
Sup y’all! I’m new to the community I just bought a lifted 2002 wrx that i’m going to try and build to an overland standpoint! I’m on a 14 Year olds budget so it’s a slow and steady process . I’m still just trying to learn as much as possible and get into the community!
Hello Bergie, welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
so this is what i bought it as and then after that we took of the bumper and sprayed bedliner

Attachments

snomonster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
bergie
Last Name
snomonster

Joe77

Rank II

Enthusiast I

CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hello all. New to the site, I first learned about OB at my first Overland Expo West. Now running a G63 AMG and was able to enjoy its first outing at the Bar 10 Ranch with E 3 Overland folks and TrailRecon. I have added a Front Runner Rack and looking to find new wheels and tires. I am a complete novice and hope to continue to get more experience soon.
Cheers. View attachment 215219
Greetings Joe and welcome to OB!
Thanks Shahn, hope to learn from all of you.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Dongoati

Rank I

Contributor III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Attila
Last Name
Gee
Member #

Hey everybody! My name is Attila, I'm in San Gabriel Valley CA. I have a 2018 Grand Cherokee Diesel 4x4.
It's all stock except a second battery, and a fridge that I've had in my trunk for a couple of years now that came useful on a few camping trips, and a bunch of grocery trips. I have a Smittybilt RTT that we love. We even camped with it in freezing cold temperatures. All we need is a heated blanket under us, some insulation from Home Depot, and it's ready for the California "winter" camping.

Anyways, we are looking for people around SoCal to see if there are any quiet getaway spots, light Overlanding (more like weekendlanding) places.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all from NorCAl, glad to be here!
Welcome HRA, you might know of me over on YouTube as a lurker by the Screen Name “Overland Ham”. Jason @kc5hwb from Ham Radio 2.0 is also lurking in here.

Loved your “Coffee and Ham Radio” Saturday, I’m sorry I missed the live stream, but I should have it fixed from here on out. Now let’s get Ape and TO over here as well.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all,

My wife and I have just got into Overlanding. We own a 2020 jeep jlu named Rona. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We live in Alberta, Canada.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director (and western Canada )
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound