Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody! My name is Attila, I'm in San Gabriel Valley CA. I have a 2018 Grand Cherokee Diesel 4x4.
It's all stock except a second battery, and a fridge that I've had in my trunk for a couple of years now that came useful on a few camping trips, and a bunch of grocery trips. I have a Smittybilt RTT that we love. We even camped with it in freezing cold temperatures. All we need is a heated blanket under us, some insulation from Home Depot, and it's ready for the California "winter" camping.

Anyways, we are looking for people around SoCal to see if there are any quiet getaway spots, light Overlanding (more like weekendlanding) places.
Welcome to Overland Bound Attila
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Dongoati and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

My wife and I have just got into Overlanding. We own a 2020 jeep jlu named Rona. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We live in Alberta, Canada.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Use the member map to find members close to you, we have a growing community in Alberta.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Regional Director to your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
New member, from Caldwell Idaho. 2015 Jeep jku.
Been off-roading in some form for over 40 years. Racing, camping and off road camping.
glad to be here. View attachment 215331
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all from NorCAl, glad to be here!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all! Shawn here, and I am an Overlander wannabe and new to the site! I live in Southeast Tennessee and I've got a bone-stock 2012 FJ Cruiser TT I've had for about 8 years, and plan on doing some upgrades. I hope to take my first adventure soon.
Welcome To Overland Bound Shawn
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A good contact for local and general overlanding information is @Hank Outdoors in TN

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hey all,

My wife and I have just got into Overlanding. We own a 2020 jeep jlu named Rona. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We live in Alberta, Canada.
Hello Byran, welcome to Overland Bound. So I am curious, did you name your Jeep in 2020?
My first thought too...LOL. and then I got worried that some unfortunate children born in 2020 have stupid parents who named them Rona. It's okay for cars, not for kids!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Ham Radio Adventures

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Pinole, California, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6USY
Welcome HRA, you might know of me over on YouTube as a lurker by the Screen Name “Overland Ham”. Jason @kc5hwb from Ham Radio 2.0 is also lurking in here.

Loved your “Coffee and Ham Radio” Saturday, I’m sorry I missed the live stream, but I should have it fixed from here on out. Now let’s get Ape and TO over here as well.
Oh for sure Mike I reconise your name. Hey thanks for watching, Michael was a great guest and had a lot great info for our comunity! I think Jason and I both drove past Michael and his group down in Yosemite here recently would have like to have met them at the time. Hope to make one of the meetups here soon.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Greetings Heather and welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Sup y’all! I’m new to the community I just bought a lifted 2002 wrx that i’m going to try and build to an overland standpoint! I’m on a 14 Year olds budget so it’s a slow and steady process . I’m still just trying to learn as much as possible and get into the community!
Greetings Bergie and welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R