First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Honda Element
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I want to see our great nation in detail, not just flying from destination to destination. Coast to coast, north to south, i want to see it from my truck /small trailer (maybe?lol) I want to wheel in the mountains, desert, firebreaks and goat trails lol. I'm getting the rig ready, and yes, i'll have questions.
Welcome to OB! If you ever make it out towards Nashville look me up!

There is a Thanksgiving weekend meetup not to far from you. Turkey Trot Weekend - DBBB - Overland Bound

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Why Overlanding?: I want to see our great nation in detail, not just flying from destination to destination. Coast to coast, north to south, i want to see it from my truck /small trailer (maybe?lol) I want to wheel in the mountains, desert, firebreaks and goat trails lol. I'm getting the rig ready, and yes, i'll have questions.
Hello Tom and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Fellow Overlanders, Adventure Seekers, and Sunset Chasers!

My name is Aaron, and my wife's name is Christy and we have been involved in the camping and off-road world since we were kids, but only in the last 5 years have we expanded those experiences into a true overlanding journey. We have had several Jeeps in the past, but most recently we did a Ram 2500 build for a trip we have been planning since 2019. The build is complete for Stage 1 and we just got back from an epic adventure in which I will be posting some pictures in a future post.

View attachment 206587
Hello Aaron & Christy and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service Aaron!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy!

Long time follower, first time participant here on the Overland Bound forum!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

2008 4runner, 4.7L, 4x4 Limited

Hello Aaryn and welcome to Overland Bound from a fellow PNW'er!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

KerlerKlan17

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Wind Gap, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Kerler
Member #

A little late to the overlanding scene but excited to meet new people and see new places!

I’m Jon from Wind Gap PA
2013 Ram 1500 is my rig
Still fairly basic for now

I’ve always loved nature and to be able to get out and go on long trips where your vehicle is your home base is the perfect fit for my lifestyle. Pretty new to the overlanding scene and love to learn. I’m use to old dirt trails and back roads and would love to find more! Can’t wait to see y’all on the trails!

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

My name is Aaron, and my wife's name is Christy and we have been involved in the camping and off-road world since we were kids, but only in the last 5 years have we expanded those experiences into a true overlanding journey. We have had several Jeeps in the past, but most recently we did a Ram 2500 build for a trip we have been planning since 2019. The build is complete for Stage 1 and we just got back from an epic adventure in which I will be posting some pictures in a future post.

View attachment 206587
Hello Aaron & Christy (@Overland4Heroes), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. I'm also former AF and live in Georgetown as well. Technically Weir, but that's another story.:sunglasses: If you happen to see the red 1st Gen Collie running around town, stop me and say Hi.

We have a local monthly meet the first Sat of each month. Hope to see you there: North Central Texas Meet & Greet
There is also a couple trips planned you can check out here: US Southwest - Cloudcroft, NM and US Southwest - Big Bend/Terlingua

Other local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy!

Long time follower, first time participant here on the Overland Bound forum!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

2008 4runner, 4.7L, 4x4 Limited

Hello Aaryn, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
A little late to the overlanding scene but excited to meet new people and see new places!

I’m Jon from Wind Gap PA
2013 Ram 1500 is my rig
Still fairly basic for now

I’ve always loved nature and to be able to get out and go on long trips where your vehicle is your home base is the perfect fit for my lifestyle. Pretty new to the overlanding scene and love to learn. I’m use to old dirt trails and back roads and would love to find more! Can’t wait to see y’all on the trails!
Hello Jon, welcome to the OB family.

night rider

Rank 0

Contributor I

Adairsville, Bartow County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Snyder
Hello everyone I am glad to be part of this community. I bought a Jeep Rubicon last year now its eating me inside to get it off road . I am from Ga and looking for some great places to ride, any suggestions? Thanks
Welcome!
We just went to wartberg tenn a little west of Knoxville tenn to a place called Nemo there is some good off-roading and a real cool tunnel that you can drive through. Mike
Thanks i will check that out

Reactions: Shahn

night rider

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Snyder
Hello everyone I am glad to be part of this community. I bought a Jeep Rubicon last year now its eating me inside to get it off road . I am from Ga and looking for some great places to ride, any suggestions? Thanks
Heloo Michael, welcome to Overland Bound. I use trailsoffroad.com to find trails. I find that their rating system to be accurate as far as difficulty goes.
Thanks i will check that out

night rider

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Snyder
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!!
Hello to you and thank you. I am glad to be here

Redmike2424

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

White County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Welcome to OB! If you ever make it out towards Nashville look me up!

There is a Thanksgiving weekend meetup not to far from you. Turkey Trot Weekend - DBBB - Overland Bound
Welcome OB

Grump

Rank 0

Contributor I

Advance, NC, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beasley
My van’s name is Vanhöll. I am a US Army veteran and love to adventure. The more I hear and research vanlife, the more I want to connect to veterans on the road of making a happy and better quality of life for themselves!!! The name Grump is what my grandchildren call me by choice! I wanted something different and it started out as GrumpAss, shortened to “Grump” :smile::smile:
1) I will have to post a picture of my rig later
2) I am currently from Central NC, just west of Winston Salem
3) I have purchased a 2005 E-350 Club Wagon and in the process of selling my house and building out my van with the plans of installing a UJoint 4x4 conversion
4) Overlanding Experience - I’m not going to say that I’m an expert by any stretch!! I recently sold my jeep to buy my van and start the vanlife adventure. I am an off-road driving instructor and mechanic for a company named Overland Experts! I thoroughly enjoy the fact that I get to teach off-road driving skills to military and

KerlerKlan17

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Wind Gap, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Kerler
Member #

My van’s name is Vanhöll. I am a US Army veteran and love to adventure. The more I hear and research vanlife, the more I want to connect to veterans on the road of making a happy and better quality of life for themselves!!! The name Grump is what my grandchildren call me by choice! I wanted something different and it started out as GrumpAss, shortened to “Grump” :smile::smile:
3) I have purchased a 2005 E-350 Club Wagon and in the process of selling my house and building out my van with the plans of installing a UJoint 4x4 conversion
4) Overlanding Experience - I’m not going to say that I’m an expert by any stretch!! I recently sold my jeep to buy my van and start the vanlife adventure. I am an off-road driving instructor and mechanic for a company named Overland Experts! I thoroughly enjoy the fact that I get to teach off-road driving skills to military and
Welcome aboard buddy! And thank you for your service *slaute*

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Welcome from Arizona, Military Brother!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Overland4Heroes

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force

View attachment 206587
Hello Aaron & Christy (@Overland4Heroes), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. I'm also former AF and live in Georgetown as well. Technically Weir, but that's another story.:sunglasses: If you happen to see the red 1st Gen Collie running around town, stop me and say Hi.

We have a local monthly meet the first Sat of each month. Hope to see you there: North Central Texas Meet & Greet
There is also a couple trips planned you can check out here: US Southwest - Cloudcroft, NM and US Southwest - Big Bend/Terlingua

Other local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Sounds Great! Hope to see you at the next meet up.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66