Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My van’s name is Vanhöll. I am a US Army veteran and love to adventure. The more I hear and research vanlife, the more I want to connect to veterans on the road of making a happy and better quality of life for themselves!!! The name Grump is what my grandchildren call me by choice! I wanted something different and it started out as GrumpAss, shortened to “Grump” :smile::smile:
1) I will have to post a picture of my rig later
2) I am currently from Central NC, just west of Winston Salem
3) I have purchased a 2005 E-350 Club Wagon and in the process of selling my house and building out my van with the plans of installing a UJoint 4x4 conversion
4) Overlanding Experience - I’m not going to say that I’m an expert by any stretch!! I recently sold my jeep to buy my van and start the vanlife adventure. I am an off-road driving instructor and mechanic for a company named Overland Experts! I thoroughly enjoy the fact that I get to teach off-road driving skills to military and
Hello Grump, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
A little late to the overlanding scene but excited to meet new people and see new places!

I’m Jon from Wind Gap PA
2013 Ram 1500 is my rig
Still fairly basic for now

I’ve always loved nature and to be able to get out and go on long trips where your vehicle is your home base is the perfect fit for my lifestyle. Pretty new to the overlanding scene and love to learn. I’m use to old dirt trails and back roads and would love to find more! Can’t wait to see y’all on the trails!
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
My van’s name is Vanhöll. I am a US Army veteran and love to adventure. The more I hear and research vanlife, the more I want to connect to veterans on the road of making a happy and better quality of life for themselves!!! The name Grump is what my grandchildren call me by choice! I wanted something different and it started out as GrumpAss, shortened to “Grump” :smile::smile:
3) I have purchased a 2005 E-350 Club Wagon and in the process of selling my house and building out my van with the plans of installing a UJoint 4x4 conversion
4) Overlanding Experience - I’m not going to say that I’m an expert by any stretch!! I recently sold my jeep to buy my van and start the vanlife adventure. I am an off-road driving instructor and mechanic for a company named Overland Experts! I thoroughly enjoy the fact that I get to teach off-road driving skills to military and

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Let the journey begin

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Experience: Zip! Nada! Noob! Hopelessly Lost

Hello all, my name is Derrell and thanks to those awesome Lifestyle Overland Goobers…uh I mean YouTubers I have been terminally infected with the overlanding bug. So much so that 1) I’m now an official Overland Bound member & 2) The Taco and I will be making our first official expedition to the Overland Expo in Loveland in just a couple of weeks.

Note to self: GO BUY YER TICKETS YOU OLD COOT!
2nd Note to self: Calm down, you can do this.

I look forward to meeting some you folks in the future.

Future Explorer Out!View attachment 206571

Reactions: Dgarmsd63 and Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hey all!

I'm based in Glendale, AZ. Driving a 2015 4Runner SR5, usually with a Starcraft 17BH travel trailer in tow when I'm camping/overlanding. Had this setup for almost 3 years now, which is about all of the overlanding experience I have as well.

Looking forward to interacting with this group more!

View attachment 206572

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Current Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Honda Element
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I want to see our great nation in detail, not just flying from destination to destination. Coast to coast, north to south, i want to see it from my truck /small trailer (maybe?lol) I want to wheel in the mountains, desert, firebreaks and goat trails lol. I'm getting the rig ready, and yes, i'll have questions.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello Fellow Overlanders, Adventure Seekers, and Sunset Chasers!

My name is Aaron, and my wife's name is Christy and we have been involved in the camping and off-road world since we were kids, but only in the last 5 years have we expanded those experiences into a true overlanding journey. We have had several Jeeps in the past, but most recently we did a Ram 2500 build for a trip we have been planning since 2019. The build is complete for Stage 1 and we just got back from an epic adventure in which I will be posting some pictures in a future post.

View attachment 206587

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Howdy!

Long time follower, first time participant here on the Overland Bound forum!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

2008 4runner, 4.7L, 4x4 Limited

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB and thank you for your service!

Hank

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
A little late to the overlanding scene but excited to meet new people and see new places!

I’m Jon from Wind Gap PA
2013 Ram 1500 is my rig
Still fairly basic for now

I’ve always loved nature and to be able to get out and go on long trips where your vehicle is your home base is the perfect fit for my lifestyle. Pretty new to the overlanding scene and love to learn. I’m use to old dirt trails and back roads and would love to find more! Can’t wait to see y’all on the trails!
Hello Jon and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Steve and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

jeromyokc

Rank II

Contributor III

Oklahoma City, OK 73107, USA
First Name
Jeromy
Last Name
Lukenbaugh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNT988
Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone, My name is Jeromy. New to overlanding but have been camping since childhood and seriously since 2015. We get out about once a month to do something fun away from the city.

After being unable to find camping spots at some 14'ers lately, we decided to find something we can disperse camp with better and jumped in to the GX club and picked up this '08 GX470 this summer. It's still setup for a Starbucks run but we're loving it and can't wait to start the mods.
  • Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
  • Experienced hiker, backpacker, car camper but overlanding novice

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey everyone, My name is Jeromy. New to overlanding but have been camping since childhood and seriously since 2015. We get out about once a month to do something fun away from the city.

After being unable to find camping spots at some 14'ers lately, we decided to find something we can disperse camp with better and jumped in to the GX club and picked up this '08 GX470 this summer. It's still setup for a Starbucks run but we're loving it and can't wait to start the mods.
  • Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
Welcome from Arizona!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

• Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
Hello Jeromy, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

• Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
Hello Jeromy and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

dchurch

Rank III

Advocate I

Oregon, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Church
First I want to thank the members for providing an awesome collection of posts. I've done a fair amount of reading here.

We have lived on the Oregon coast for decades. We have always tent camped out of an SUV. Tents worked fine for 40+ years from USA coast to coast, Canada and Baja. We love backroads and primitive camping. I grew up in a camping family and spent 31 years with the USFS fire and law departments.

We retired in 2016 and bought a new LR4. We started camping more often and year round. We were roughing it more than we cared for. After a ton of soul searching we decided to get an off road type teardrop trailer.

We are loving it!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeromy (@jeromyokc ) , welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @Iwata77 is another Member Rep based out of Tulsa. If you have any questions let us know.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

• Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
Hi Jeromy!
Welcome from Tulsa
We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?