Contributor III

Glendale, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Clutter
Member #

Hey all!

I'm based in Glendale, AZ. Driving a 2015 4Runner SR5, usually with a Starcraft 17BH travel trailer in tow when I'm camping/overlanding. Had this setup for almost 3 years now, which is about all of the overlanding experience I have as well.

Looking forward to interacting with this group more!

4Runner Camping.jpg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Let the journey begin

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Experience: Zip! Nada! Noob! Hopelessly Lost

Hello all, my name is Derrell and thanks to those awesome Lifestyle Overland Goobers…uh I mean YouTubers I have been terminally infected with the overlanding bug. So much so that 1) I’m now an official Overland Bound member & 2) The Taco and I will be making our first official expedition to the Overland Expo in Loveland in just a couple of weeks.

Note to self: GO BUY YER TICKETS YOU OLD COOT!
2nd Note to self: Calm down, you can do this.

I look forward to meeting some you folks in the future.

Future Explorer Out!View attachment 206571
Hello Derrell and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all!

I'm based in Glendale, AZ. Driving a 2015 4Runner SR5, usually with a Starcraft 17BH travel trailer in tow when I'm camping/overlanding. Had this setup for almost 3 years now, which is about all of the overlanding experience I have as well.

View attachment 206572
Hello Anthony and welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all!

View attachment 206572
Hello Anthony, welcome to the OB family.

Ronin the Grey

Rank III

Contributor I

Garner, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Honda Element
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I want to see our great nation in detail, not just flying from destination to destination. Coast to coast, north to south, i want to see it from my truck /small trailer (maybe?lol) I want to wheel in the mountains, desert, firebreaks and goat trails lol. I'm getting the rig ready, and yes, i'll have questions.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Howdy everyone! Josh here.

Vehicle: 2019 Ram Power Wagon
Overland Experience: Experienced
Why Overlanding: from a young age I’ve adventured the Southern forests and once I got my license I explored our wonderful public lands throughout the west. I’m a career wildland firefighter who spends tons of time in the wildlands with fire engines, ORUVs, and helicopters. My wife grew up in the city and has adopted the outdoor lifestyle with me with multiple trips in North America experiencing the great outdoors.
Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting likeminded folks.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Current Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Honda Element
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I want to see our great nation in detail, not just flying from destination to destination. Coast to coast, north to south, i want to see it from my truck /small trailer (maybe?lol) I want to wheel in the mountains, desert, firebreaks and goat trails lol. I'm getting the rig ready, and yes, i'll have questions.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone I am glad to be part of this community. I bought a Jeep Rubicon last year now its eating me inside to get it off road . I am from Ga and looking for some great places to ride, any suggestions? Thanks
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey guys I’m new to the forum but I’ve been vehicle camping for a few years now. I started with a Toyota Tundra but I just sold it and bought my first Jeep. 2016 JKU Sahara. Super excited to get out and come across some of you on the trails!

View attachment 206374
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi All,
New to the forum here, and looking fwd be part of it all.

Originally had a Jeep TJ, so much fun, but after 10yrs upgrade to a 2017 Jeep Wrangler, 2dr.

I do like my offroadong trips, but looking to get more into the Overland side of things.. realise the 2dr is not ideal, but the size of my garage had the final say
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi-my name is Robert and from the Bay Area. We used to camp up past Pinecrest about 25 years ago-I remember the sign always said Trail of the Ancient Drawfs-was a lot of fun and have continued to camp since then-but last few years ago started getting into it more. We use a Ram1500 4 wheel drive. Roof top tent and recently added a second battery via Red Arc controller. My family and I try to camp as much as we can-especially now with Covid-we try to avoid crowds since our little one is too young for a vaccination. Hoping to find others to chat with, find new sites and learn more about getting on the trails. I also do photography as a hobby and another topic would be nice to find others to talk with. Thanks
Welcome from Arizona!

Dgarmsd63

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, United States
First Name
Derrell
Last Name
Garms
Member #

Let the journey begin

Hello all, my name is Derrell and thanks to those awesome Lifestyle Overland Goobers…uh I mean YouTubers I have been terminally infected with the overlanding bug. So much so that 1) I’m now an official Overland Bound member & 2) The Taco and I will be making our first official expedition to the Overland Expo in Loveland in just a couple of weeks.

Hello Derrell and welcome to Overland Bound!
Thanks so much for your reply. Even though I’ve watched a ton of Lifestyle Overland, this is all very new to me and I have tons to learn.

Overland4Heroes

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello Fellow Overlanders, Adventure Seekers, and Sunset Chasers!

My name is Aaron, and my wife's name is Christy and we have been involved in the camping and off-road world since we were kids, but only in the last 5 years have we expanded those experiences into a true overlanding journey. We have had several Jeeps in the past, but most recently we did a Ram 2500 build for a trip we have been planning since 2019. The build is complete for Stage 1 and we just got back from an epic adventure in which I will be posting some pictures in a future post.

IMG_3985 (3).JPEG

Dgarmsd63

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, United States
First Name
Derrell
Last Name
Garms
Member #

Let the journey begin

Hello Derrell (@Dgarmsd63), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You are in the right place to "do this". You are also in a good location to hit some trails without driving a whole day just to leave the state. :wink:

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thanks so much for all of the info @Roots66 it is greatly appreciated, because I have so much to learn.

Kors

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Aaryn
Last Name
Kors
Howdy!

Long time follower, first time participant here on the Overland Bound forum!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

2008 4runner, 4.7L, 4x4 Limited

• Old Man Emu mediums front & rear
  • Cooper ST Maxx 285/70r17
  • Kusa Camp Kitchen
  • Dometic 65L Dual Zone
  • DIY Roof Rack
  • Ebay Snorkel
  • Overland Pro's 270 Awning, 8 foot
  • 32" Aux Beam Light Bar
  • Group 31 Odyssey Deep Cycle Battery
  • 190amp high output AlternatorYl+bXQPYRO2zuxL3sr79pg.jpgIMG_2140 2.JPGIMG_2083.JPGIMG_7779.jpg

Overland4Heroes

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Howdy!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

Welcome Kors! I would call your rig anything but "Basic". Love that drawer and kitchen setup! Looks like a great rig to get out there and enjoy the wild.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Howdy!

Nice!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Let the journey begin

Hello Derrell, welcome to Overland Bound.