Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My name is Rick and I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I'm new to overlanding but am getting into it as want to get off the beaten path to evolve my landscape/nature photography. I needed a new car and only have the ability to own one at a time so i recently picked up a 2021 4Runner. She's been a lot of fun so far - lot's of mud and dirt.

Happy to be joining your ranks!
Rick
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I'm from San Diego, California. She's a 2005 Lexus GX470. I'm a novice. I'm excited to learn and adventure!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
Vehicle: 2007 Tundra limited
Experience level: Competent(ish) but cautious

My son and I spent the winter outfitting our rig for what we hope to be an amazing summer starting with a southern Utah trip later this month.
Any advice on trails around Escalante would be welcomed.
View attachment 198230
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Our Utah Member Representatives can offer advice on your trip @Knitron @A-Aron and the Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
You have a local meet-up that meets once a month in Cameron Park but currently we are in El Dorado Hills.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA

Motley_Screw

Rank IV

Traveler III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Bajema
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6VPJ
Hello OB, I'm a new member from Orange County, CA. New to "Overlanding", but have been primitive camping my whole life along the Baja peninsula, the southern Cal deserts and the 395 corridor. The forum has been a great resource for me to up my game from primitive camping to overlanding. So many new destinations to explore and great ideas on how to make the experience more enjoyable. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting some of you folks out on the trail.

Articwolf77

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Albert
Last Name
Snodgrass
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Albert Snodgrass. Location is Danville Illinois. Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I’m new to to the overland lifestyle. I was born in Sacramento, California. Raised in Placerville, Paradise, mostly in the mountains learned about nature while growing up. Now I’m going to get back to nature

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello OB, I'm a new member from Orange County, CA. New to "Overlanding", but have been primitive camping my whole life along the Baja peninsula, the southern Cal deserts and the 395 corridor. The forum has been a great resource for me to up my game from primitive camping to overlanding. So many new destinations to explore and great ideas on how to make the experience more enjoyable. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting some of you folks out on the trail.
Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, my name is Albert Snodgrass. Location is Danville Illinois. Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I’m new to to the overland lifestyle. I was born in Sacramento, California. Raised in Placerville, Paradise, mostly in the mountains learned about nature while growing up. Now I’m going to get back to nature
Hello Albert, welcome to Overland Bound.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Brand new member living in Indianapolis. 2006 I bought a Jeep Wrangler and drove it to Moab as a stock vehicle. Was really impressed with the Jeep. 2011 I traded it for a Camaro SS and traded that to a Camaro 1LE a couple years later. My son and I would go west (Wyoming and Colorado, Ouray is my favorite town) and would drive past the gravel roads and wondered where they went. 2015 I got back into a Jeep LJ and within a month it was lifted running 35's, winch, and a roof top tent. Until June of last year when I traded the Jeep for a 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road. Loving the ride and quietness of the Toyota. No off road pics yet, gimme a couple weeks as I have trip planned to Utah with an adventurous appetite to feed.

View attachment 197314

View attachment 197315
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone!

My name is Rick and I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I'm new to overlanding but am getting into it as want to get off the beaten path to evolve my landscape/nature photography. I needed a new car and only have the ability to own one at a time so i recently picked up a 2021 4Runner. She's been a lot of fun so far - lot's of mud and dirt.

Happy to be joining your ranks!
Rick
Hi Rick, 4runners are very capable vehicles, you will love it.
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

turtlespeed

Rank I

Contributor III

NJ
First Name
Turtle
Last Name
Speed
New to the community. Have a 2020 Rogue AWD .... love camping and looking into doing little bit offloading (limited by vehicle capabilities). Plan is to get a Jeep in about 3 years.

Looking for recommendation for light off-road trails in the North East where I can take my Rogue.

And guidance on what I can do to make it little bit more off-road capable (2inch lift kits is on my list, Rogue has a native 8inch clearance).

Based out of NJ

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Proctor
Hello all, I'm Aaron. Currently a Medic in the US Army and avid overland YouTube watcher. Plenty of experience roughing it in the field, but new to doing it in a comfortable rig. Look forward to learning and getting out past the pavement.

Rig: 2018 Nissan Frontier pro-4x
Experience: I know just enough to get into trouble

FB_IMG_1620963898576.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New to the community. Have a 2020 Rogue AWD .... love camping and looking into doing little bit offloading (limited by vehicle capabilities). Plan is to get a Jeep in about 3 years.

Looking for recommendation for light off-road trails in the North East where I can take my Rogue.

And guidance on what I can do to make it little bit more off-road capable (2inch lift kits is on my list, Rogue has a native 8inch clearance).

Based out of NJ
Hello Turtle, welcome to Overland Bound. I like trailsoffroad.com for finding places to go offroading, their ratings are pretty spot on for degree of difficulty. A good set of off road tires is probably the best. way to make a vehicle more capable.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, I'm Aaron. Currently a Medic in the US Army and avid overland YouTube watcher. Plenty of experience roughing it in the field, but new to doing it in a comfortable rig. Look forward to learning and getting out past the pavement.

View attachment 198335
Hello Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound, thanks for your service.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 198335
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Based out of NJ
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. New to overlanding but hoping to take some winter trips since I'm not a fan of the East Texas heat. I have a 2000 xj and my wife has a 2010 Toyota Rav4.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
RFD - OC MEETUP