Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Gina (@ripcurl1970 ), welcome from Oklahoma. Great looking truck you have. Jennifer (@NailCruisers ) is also from Phoenix, just joined yesterday and is new to overlanding as well. Perhaps you'll could get together for some off road travel and learn together.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities. Prior to the pandemic we had monthly meet ups in the Phoenix area, hopefully they can get going again soon.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, however @freak4life is your closest rep. If you have any questions let one of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey I’m Aryn!
Graduated college in 2019 & got myself my dream car to celebrate! 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon dubbed the Rhino. My husband just got a 2021 75th Edition Power Wagon & we’re excited to take the new rig out with our ol’ gal.
We’re new to the overlanding world & are excited to take our love of the outdoors & camping to new & remote areas!
Pictured is my baby & my husband’s OG crawler, the Wendigo.
Welcome Aryn!

Magnellid

Rank II

Contributor III

Aurora, ON, Canada
First Name
Domenico
Last Name
Magnelli
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Domenic and I am an overlanding addict based in Ontario Canada. My rig/s are a 2018 F150 and a 2021 JL Rubicon 2 door. Been exploring public land in Ontario for a while and before that was in South Africa as that where I’m originally from.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

The Silver Wolf

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
M.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4JXW
Hello everyone! I'm Eddie. I grew up close to Pensacola, FL and I've recently moved to San Antonio, TX. My rig is a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4. I'm a novice overlander with ambition to learn more and to eventually be able to go out there and have an adventure and explore.

Several years ago, my dad had a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ and we would go out tent camping at local, remote (about an hour away from town) campgrounds. After a bit of time, I became used to going out camping with all the gear we were able to cram inside it. Little did I know that we were practicing Overlanding.

Now, I've grown up and I want to get back into the outdoors as well as escaping the city-life, workplace, and COVID environment. Overlanding to me feels more than a hobby; it's a lifestyle built around the ability to grab your gear and go out on an adventure without having to worry about anything.

Overland Bound to me takes that lifestyle further, and builds a community and network with others that feel the same way. I've been shadowing the group for a while now, listening and planning on what my Overlanding goals are and how to develop my rig and gear to be able to take weekend trips regularly. I will never forget how on my first day, someone sent an SOS of being stuck on a mountainside and needed a recovery, and how many people immediately responsed. That makes me proud to be in such a caring community (and restored some faith in humanity considering how crazy world is today).

I'll cut this short before I reach some max character limit.

I exist, I want to participate more in this amazing community, and I can't wait to restart Overlanding!!!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! My name is Domenic and I am an overlanding addict based in Ontario Canada. My rig/s are a 2018 F150 and a 2021 JL Rubicon 2 door. Been exploring public land in Ontario for a while and before that was in South Africa as that where I’m originally from.

Hello Domenic, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! I'm Eddie. I grew up close to Pensacola, FL and I've recently moved to San Antonio, TX. My rig is a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4. I'm a novice overlander with ambition to learn more and to eventually be able to go out there and have an adventure and explore.

Several years ago, my dad had a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ and we would go out tent camping at local, remote (about an hour away from town) campgrounds. After a bit of time, I became used to going out camping with all the gear we were able to cram inside it. Little did I know that we were practicing Overlanding.

Now, I've grown up and I want to get back into the outdoors as well as escaping the city-life, workplace, and COVID environment. Overlanding to me feels more than a hobby; it's a lifestyle built around the ability to grab your gear and go out on an adventure without having to worry about anything.

Overland Bound to me takes that lifestyle further, and builds a community and network with others that feel the same way. I've been shadowing the group for a while now, listening and planning on what my Overlanding goals are and how to develop my rig and gear to be able to take weekend trips regularly. I will never forget how on my first day, someone sent an SOS of being stuck on a mountainside and needed a recovery, and how many people immediately responsed. That makes me proud to be in such a caring community (and restored some faith in humanity considering how crazy world is today).

I exist, I want to participate more in this amazing community, and I can't wait to restart Overlanding!!!
Hello Eddie, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone :) My name is Gina. I am new to the community. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Would love to meet up and do some overlanding, exploring, back road, dirt road drives in Arizona and surrounding states!

My truck is a '21 Toyota Tacoma 4x2. I am a little limited - but super excited to get into overlanding.
Hello Gina

Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

ScratchCoin

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Guillory
Member #

I’m new to the overlanding scene (camped a ton as a kid) and had my first trail run a few weeks ago at the Lone Star Jamboree…had a blast! Bering excited about getting my kids outdoors to have fun like I did and we have been these last few weeks! So as far as the intro….

1. Pics attached at the end
2. Home base is Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
3. I am working on building out my 1996 LX450, j bought it when it was well on its way to being what I envision to be the rig I want!
4. Overlanding experience….lol…uhh…about 4 days hahaha! But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, and watched some YouTube! I spent a lot of time camping and fishing growing up, but when I hit college, focus changed and now with two kids…I’m getting to get back into all that fun stuff! Having kids let’s me be s kid again! Well it’s at least a good excuse!

I joined to forum because I’m in the middle of this 80 series build out and I have so many questions! Also have some technical support I can provide. I own a laser scanner and will be scanning the inside of the 80 series as soon as I get some time…I’ll make the scan file available on the board when I’m done.

Looking forward to chatting with the group!

Attachments

rmaylad

Rank I

Contributor I

20327 New Rochelle Street, Walnut, California 91789, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Maylad
Member #

Hello Overland Bound! My name is Robert and I was introduced to this lifestyle just about over a year ago by a good buddy. When he finished explaining what "Overlanding" is, I was hooked. I've been an avid outdoors person most of my life and can't wait for the next trip.

1. 2017 Tacoma TRD 4X4 OFF-ROAD
2. California
3. Not a novice, but definitely not a Pro either. I'm always looking to learn something new, so please share.
Looking forward to connecting with like minded individuals who love the outdoors. Until then, onward and forward - keep exploring.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I’m new to the overlanding scene (camped a ton as a kid) and had my first trail run a few weeks ago at the Lone Star Jamboree…had a blast! Bering excited about getting my kids outdoors to have fun like I did and we have been these last few weeks! So as far as the intro….

3. I am working on building out my 1996 LX450, j bought it when it was well on its way to being what I envision to be the rig I want!
4. Overlanding experience….lol…uhh…about 4 days hahaha! But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, and watched some YouTube! I spent a lot of time camping and fishing growing up, but when I hit college, focus changed and now with two kids…I’m getting to get back into all that fun stuff! Having kids let’s me be s kid again! Well it’s at least a good excuse!

I joined to forum because I’m in the middle of this 80 series build out and I have so many questions! Also have some technical support I can provide. I own a laser scanner and will be scanning the inside of the 80 series as soon as I get some time…I’ll make the scan file available on the board when I’m done.

Hello Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound, nice rig.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overland Bound! My name is Robert and I was introduced to this lifestyle just about over a year ago by a good buddy. When he finished explaining what "Overlanding" is, I was hooked. I've been an avid outdoors person most of my life and can't wait for the next trip.

2. California
3. Not a novice, but definitely not a Pro either. I'm always looking to learn something new, so please share.
Looking forward to connecting with like minded individuals who love the outdoors. Until then, onward and forward - keep exploring.
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound. If you put your actual home address on this site I suggest you remove that information, not a good idea mi amigo.

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fergus, Wellington County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Hello Everyone :) My name is Gina. I am new to the community. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Would love to meet up and do some overlanding, exploring, back road, dirt road drives in Arizona and surrounding states!

My truck is a '21 Toyota Tacoma 4x2. I am a little limited - but super excited to get into overlanding.
Welcome to the Overland Bound community. I hope you enjoy your time here and find many useful resources. Check out the Overland Bounds meet-ups for your area and I'm sure you will find many similarly equipped members that are eager to learn with you.

Your vehicle doesn't need to be the fancy, flashy or have all the bells and whistles. Every Overlanding vehicle is unique to the driver and the adventures you choose to follow.

I hope to see you an many members out there exploring.

Cheers,
Sean

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Welcome Domenic! I'm from Ontario myself; Guelph area. Feel free to reach out if you need help or any information on how to navigate this community.

Once our lockdown is gone, I am hoping to plan a rally for everyone in the Southern Ontario area so we cna meet up in person, swap stories and showcase our rigs.

I hope you enjoy your time with the Overland Bound community.

Cheers,
Sean

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

2. California
Welcome to the Overland Bound community Robert. Your Tacoma looks great and ready for any adventure you tackle.

Don't forget to check the Overland Bound meet-ups around your region for in-person gatherings. It's a great way to connect with other Overlanders and a safe way to travel within a group.

Enjoy your time here and keep exploring. Don't forget to share your experience and love for Overlanding by paying forward the introduction your friend awarded you to future acquaintances.

Cheers,
Sean

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

2. California
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
The closest Member Representative is @Cwilli17

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Eddie
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982, he can get you the information about the local meet-up

Reactions: The Silver Wolf

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Nomadik Nova