Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hi Everyone this is Tony and I’m in South East Arizona. I’m driving a 2015 gen 2 Tacoma. New to overlanding. Grew up in the wilderness though.... hiking, hunting, camping, fishing.
Hello Tony, welcome to Overland Bound, glad to have you here.

My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups[/
Thank you
URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

Reactions: Kent R

sweetcbb

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Caroline
Last Name
Baty-Barr
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check this page our for build inspiration;
Overland Vehicle Build Threads
Thank you, appreciate the links and the engaged welcomes.

Contour5

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey all,

I’m Nate, based out of the Southern California area. I am currently building a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and 2007 Fleetwood E1 to be the family adventure-mobiles. My off-roading experience is intermediate, and I have been a tent camper all my life, so I’m still adjusting to the trailer. Glad to be here and have the Overland Bound community as a resource.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all,

I’m Nate, based out of the Southern California area. I am currently building a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and 2007 Fleetwood E1 to be the family adventure-mobiles. My off-roading experience is intermediate, and I have been a tent camper all my life, so I’m still adjusting to the trailer. Glad to be here and have the Overland Bound community as a resource.
Hello Nate, welcome to Overland Bound and we are glad you are here.

Reactions: Kent R and Contour5

Adventure Pony

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weatherford, Parker County, Texas, United States
First Name
Erin
Last Name
McBride
Member #

Hey everyone, new to the forum and overlanding. However I'm far from new to the world of off road and building capable vehicles. Just picked up a pretty clean 78 Bronco ranger xlt which I will be building as my overlanding rig, I am beyond excited to get it up and running so I can get out there and start having adventures and meeting new and interesting folks in the community.
Hello Erin, welcome to Overland Bound. With that Bronco it looks like you will have your hands full for a while fixing it up, keep us posted with updates please.
I'm planning on having her put on her maiden voyage the 4th of July weekend. I definitely will be posting build updates.

Hjstrater

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Otsego, MN, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Strater
Excited to get back into exploring and camping. I spent months each summer while growing up driving from one corner of the country to the other with my family in a small camper, or with just my dad and in the back of a conversion van.

Now that I have the time, money and a family of my own I’m excited to get out on (and off) the road again to see the country.

Weapon of choice for starting these adventures is my Jeep Gladiator, outfitted with a OVS Nomadic 3 RTT and a bunch of gear in desperate need of a shakedown. Look forward to learning from you all.

Attachments

ArmySpartan58

Rank II

Contributor III

Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Reiber
Member #

Good Morning Everyone, I am excited to be a part of this group and look forward to meeting new friends.

I am out of Peoria, AZ, so we have plenty of fantastic desert jails to run on (and get lost on as well).

Pictured is my rig, the “Kryptonian”. A 2020 Wrangler Rubicon. I have always been a huge Superman fan. So, when I saw this color offering, I knew it was just perfect for making my themed jeep, and so far, it has not failed to perform. Still a lot to do,, but it works for now.

My pure ‘overlanding’ experience is rather limited, but as an Eagle Scout and a 20-year Army veteran, I have a fairly good range of field and adventuring experience that I would love to share.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone and meeting everyone.

Attachments

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Good Morning Everyone, I am excited to be a part of this group and look forward to meeting new friends.

I am out of Peoria, AZ, so we have plenty of fantastic desert jails to run on (and get lost on as well).

Pictured is my rig, the “Kryptonian”. A 2020 Wrangler Rubicon. I have always been a huge Superman fan. So, when I saw this color offering, I knew it was just perfect for making my themed jeep, and so far, it has not failed to perform. Still a lot to do,, but it works for now.

My pure ‘overlanding’ experience is rather limited, but as an Eagle Scout and a 20-year Army veteran, I have a fairly good range of field and adventuring experience that I would love to share.

Welcome to OB!! Very nice rig!! As a fellow nerd I can appreciate it

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Hey all,

Welcome to OB Nate!!

Reactions: Kent R and Contour5

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
I am a new member to the overland community. I am located in the Pittsburgh, PA area since 2013. Before 2013 We lived in Pretoria South Africa. Work brought me and my family to the USA and we liked it so much that we decided to stay permanently. I am still in the process to build up my rig. Currently I have a 2017 Ford Explorer with a Conqueror UEV 390 off road trailer. I have a Bronco Wildtrack on order and expect to get it by fall this year. I am new to Overlanding in North America and have been looking forward to it for a long time. We have experience in Overlanding (Safari) in Southern Africa where I used to have a Land Rover Defender 110 with a Echo 3 off road trailer. Thank you for the opportunity to join this community. I am looking forward to get actively involved and looking for meetups and rallies in Western Pennsylvania.
Welcome to OB my friend!

Contour5

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Nate
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey all,

Welcome to OB Nate!!
Thank you!

Contour5

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Nate
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey all,

Hello Nate, welcome to Overland Bound and we are glad you are here.
Thank you!

Jesse53

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Francis
I'm Jesse. Retired and new to Overlanding. I live in Central Washington state. I've been a Nomad for awhile but after watching some YouTube videos have decided I want to give Overlanding a try. Not really into 4x off roading like some I just want to see new places and have new experiences while I can still enjoy it. I currently own a 96 Ford F350 long bed, standard cab with a 5.8l with a C6 automatic two wheel drive. May not be the ideal rig for doing this, but for now I'm going to work with what I've got. Rig has high miles but mechanically in pretty good shape. I will probably replace it within a couple of years and get something a little newer with lower miles. The only thing that makes me feel a little nervous with some of the places I'd like to go is my age. I'm 68. I'm thinking I'd like to try the PanAmerican highway in a year or two. Am I being crazy to even consider it at my age? Probably, but even if I am being crazy I'll probably try it anyway. LOL I obviously have a lot to learn, but I've always enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. I spent almost twenty years driving truck interstate, racking up almost 2 million miles along the way.

GreenLine74

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hi Everyone this is Tony and I’m in South East Arizona. I’m driving a 2015 gen 2 Tacoma. New to overlanding. Grew up in the wilderness though.... hiking, hunting, camping, fishing.
Hello Tony, welcome to Overland Bound, glad to have you here.

Overland Bound Meetups
Thank you for the information

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Excited to get back into exploring and camping. I spent months each summer while growing up driving from one corner of the country to the other with my family in a small camper, or with just my dad and in the back of a conversion van.

Now that I have the time, money and a family of my own I’m excited to get out on (and off) the road again to see the country.

Weapon of choice for starting these adventures is my Jeep Gladiator, outfitted with a OVS Nomadic 3 RTT and a bunch of gear in desperate need of a shakedown. Look forward to learning from you all.
Hello Henry, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Dennis
Welcome to the OB community, thanks for your service!
Overland Bound Meetups

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I'm Jesse. Retired and new to Overlanding. I live in Central Washington state. I've been a Nomad for awhile but after watching some YouTube videos have decided I want to give Overlanding a try. Not really into 4x off roading like some I just want to see new places and have new experiences while I can still enjoy it. I currently own a 96 Ford F350 long bed, standard cab with a 5.8l with a C6 automatic two wheel drive. May not be the ideal rig for doing this, but for now I'm going to work with what I've got. Rig has high miles but mechanically in pretty good shape. I will probably replace it within a couple of years and get something a little newer with lower miles. The only thing that makes me feel a little nervous with some of the places I'd like to go is my age. I'm 68. I'm thinking I'd like to try the PanAmerican highway in a year or two. Am I being crazy to even consider it at my age? Probably, but even if I am being crazy I'll probably try it anyway. LOL I obviously have a lot to learn, but I've always enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. I spent almost twenty years driving truck interstate, racking up almost 2 million miles along the way.
Hello Jesse, welcome to Overland Bound.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @ is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

BigH2OChief

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
Hello all,

Woody (AKA BigH2OChief) is finally on the Net.... long time forum cruiser and have been feeling guilty for not being a Member Supporter. The volume of information found here and the capability this platform provides deserves support, so this morning I finally joined.

I’ve been building and running ‘overlanders’ long before it was vogue. In 87’ a fellow Teammate and I rebuilt a US Mail Jeep and dragged a military trailer from Santa Rosa, CA. to the tip of Baja and back. In 89’ we dropped a 302 into a 69’ Toyota FJ and rolled the Rubicon for a few years (till the wheels literally fell off). Since then, I have built a Bronco, Hummer H3 and a couple F150s. If you see a pattern here, you are correct… I have a preference for full figured machines.

Prior to 2020, my focus has been knocking off the Ring of Fire stratovolcanoes. Unfortunately, due to health reasons my alpine climbing days sadly are over. So being in a rig in the outback is the next best solution. Fortunately, in 2021 my work world has also put me in a good position to focus on my overlanding passion.

Last summer I snagged another Ford F-150... this time a 13’ Raptor SVT for a 'trip in planning’. A few Veterans and I have a CONOPS to do parts of the northern Pan-American in 2022 (San Diego, CA. to Dead Horse and back). I've done 'the Dalton' twice before (work related) and eager to run the Haul Road again. There are three of us so far...

Look forward to meeting more like-minded folks with an appreciation for all things overlanding.

~ Woody (AKA BigH2OChief)

f6dc0c5aa68c5e1b239d8b1675cf80cf.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,

Woody (AKA BigH2OChief) is finally on the Net.... long time forum cruiser and have been feeling guilty for not being a Member Supporter. The volume of information found here and the capability this platform provides deserves support, so this morning I finally joined.

I’ve been building and running ‘overlanders’ long before it was vogue. In 87’ a fellow Teammate and I rebuilt a US Mail Jeep and dragged a military trailer from Santa Rosa, CA. to the tip of Baja and back. In 89’ we dropped a 302 into a 69’ Toyota FJ and rolled the Rubicon for a few years (till the wheels literally fell off). Since then, I have built a Bronco, Hummer H3 and a couple F150s. If you see a pattern here, you are correct… I have a preference for full figured machines.

Prior to 2020, my focus has been knocking off the Ring of Fire stratovolcanoes. Unfortunately, due to health reasons my alpine climbing days sadly are over. So being in a rig in the outback is the next best solution. Fortunately, in 2021 my work world has also put me in a good position to focus on my overlanding passion.

Last summer I snagged another Ford F-150... this time a 13’ Raptor SVT for a 'trip in planning’. A few Veterans and I have a CONOPS to do parts of the northern Pan-American in 2022 (San Diego, CA. to Dead Horse and back). I've done 'the Dalton' twice before (work related) and eager to run the Haul Road again. There are three of us so far...

Look forward to meeting more like-minded folks with an appreciation for all things overlanding.

~ Woody (AKA BigH2OChief)

View attachment 196070
Hello Woddy, welcome to Overland Bound, glad you are here to add your experience to the knowledge base.