Happy Valley, Oregon, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Russell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Rango
Hi
I am from Happy Valley Oregon and I am building my 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ for over landing. I want to build a expedition trailer out of a MJ bees that matches my XJ - I have gone through this thing after buying it from an old couple - she only has 118k miles - new long arm suspension - all new or restored interior - just installed new JCR bumper with many new parts coming - hope to hook up and get out this year - Ron

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello,
I’m brand new to overlanding but have been camping for around 30 years.
vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Liberty but looking to upgrade.
Currently in Tampa Bay Florida
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome
My name is Charles, I live in Santee, CA(San Diego area) and explore in my 99 Jeep Cherokee since 2010.

I started out mostly day tripping in Anza Borrego and beyond, but I have learned that I am not a rock crawler and that I prefer to spend more than a few hours in the wild. Though my Jeep is equipped to handle most anything that 33" tires can handle, I rarely choose trails that are technical slogs. Overtime I have been taking more and more multi day trips and honing my gear for overland travel.

My Jeep is my backpack, I try to keep my gear light and compact. This works fine except when I travel with both my Wife and Son(11), then space gets tight.

Some of the overlanding trips I have taken in my Jeep: Picacho Peak(CA), KOFA Wildlife Refuge, Mohave Preserve, Anza Borrego, Monache Meadows
Some of the roadtrips(motels, airbnb , or basecamp): Zion/Bryce/North Rim(Toroweep), Silverton/Telluride, Death Valley

I have led Meetup groups on trips, and I lead my Father and a Friend of mine on trips. I look forward to meeting some like minded individuals in my community and exploring some new places.View attachment 195557
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all..
-current home base is SW Michigan
-current rig is 2012 Tacoma
-been ‘over landing’ for years if you count hunting, fishing, hiking, boating etc all over Michigan for the past 45 years
-getting close to retirement and this is going to be my ‘way’ forward to enjoy that retirement
Looking forward to getting my latest truck up to the task plus connecting with new friends here in state and out of state as we plan on traveling more and more.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you are looking to beef up your rig, look at the vehicle build threads in the forums, you can get tons of ideas to incorporate into your build

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!
welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi
I am from Happy Valley Oregon and I am building my 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ for over landing. I want to build a expedition trailer out of a MJ bees that matches my XJ - I have gone through this thing after buying it from an old couple - she only has 118k miles - new long arm suspension - all new or restored interior - just installed new JCR bumper with many new parts coming - hope to hook up and get out this year - Ron
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Glad to be on the Forum. Retired mechanical engineer. Using my 2017 Forester as a soft roader, mostly forest roads and fire trails in the Southeast. Have plenty of time now to learn what I need to know to get out into the forest or desert or wherever I can safely go with my mild rig. Baby steps first. Thanks for adding me!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

View attachment 195675Hello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Location: I am located in Omaha, Arkansas close to the Missouri Border
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK
Overlanding Experience: I would consider myself new to overlanding. I have attended several events in the Midwest but mostly as a Vendor. I am the Owner of Long Creek Overland Apparel Company. I am not new to camping, or off-roading, I am new to combining the two for a whole new adventure.

I look forward to possibly meeting up with like minded adventurers in the area.
Welcome to the OB crew, your state has tons of overlanding opportunities and I love to visit.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

From UP of Michigan
1999 4runner and 1992 yj
Novice for sure!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi folks, just found the sight. I built a teardrop style trailer last year and now I'm thinking about building an overland trailer. I really like the look of the Teton X Hybrid, the tilt up ceiling seems like a great solution to give some interior privacy for showering or a bathroom.

My son is doing college remotely this year because of COVID so he "borrowed" my teardrop and our new Subaru to explore the country (lucky dog). He's been on the road about 80 days now, currently in Durango CO. Still wants to get to the west coast and Yellowstone, not much time left as I want my trailer back by the middle of July.

DavidView attachment 195872
Welcome to the OB crew, you may have to go get your trailer if you want it back. :)

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all,

I’m Nate, based out of the Southern California area. I am currently building a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and 2007 Fleetwood E1 to be the family adventure-mobiles. My off-roading experience is intermediate, and I have been a tent camper all my life, so I’m still adjusting to the trailer. Glad to be here and have the Overland Bound community as a resource.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you are looking for ideas or inspiration for your Sequoia build look into the vehicle build threads in the forums. I will have to keep an eye on your build, don’t see many sequoias out there

Reactions: Kent R and Contour5

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all,

Woody (AKA BigH2OChief) is finally on the Net.... long time forum cruiser and have been feeling guilty for not being a Member Supporter. The volume of information found here and the capability this platform provides deserves support, so this morning I finally joined.

I’ve been building and running ‘overlanders’ long before it was vogue. In 87’ a fellow Teammate and I rebuilt a US Mail Jeep and dragged a military trailer from Santa Rosa, CA. to the tip of Baja and back. In 89’ we dropped a 302 into a 69’ Toyota FJ and rolled the Rubicon for a few years (till the wheels literally fell off). Since then, I have built a Bronco, Hummer H3 and a couple F150s. If you see a pattern here, you are correct… I have a preference for full figured machines.

Prior to 2020, my focus has been knocking off the Ring of Fire stratovolcanoes. Unfortunately, due to health reasons my alpine climbing days sadly are over. So being in a rig in the outback is the next best solution. Fortunately, in 2021 my work world has also put me in a good position to focus on my overlanding passion.

Last summer I snagged another Ford F-150... this time a 13’ Raptor SVT for a 'trip in planning’. A few Veterans and I have a CONOPS to do parts of the northern Pan-American in 2022 (San Diego, CA. to Dead Horse and back). I've done 'the Dalton' twice before (work related) and eager to run the Haul Road again. There are three of us so far...

Look forward to meeting more like-minded folks with an appreciation for all things overlanding.

~ Woody (AKA BigH2OChief)

View attachment 196070
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All,
I live in the Southbay area of SoCal. I just purchased a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro. I plan to keep it as stock as possible. I enjoy camping and hiking and hope to get to more challenging places that I didn't want to take my 2010 Honda Pilot 4WD. Our first trip last week was to Death Valley, where we did Titus Canyon and the Racetrack, camping overnight at Homestake Dry Camp. Planning on trying some beginner trails (Berdoo Canyon, Old Dale Road, Cleghorn, etc) to get offroad driving skills.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. When you are ready to start building out your rig, there are tons of ideas waiting to be discovered in the vehicle build threads in the forums.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Excited to get back into exploring and camping. I spent months each summer while growing up driving from one corner of the country to the other with my family in a small camper, or with just my dad and in the back of a conversion van.

Now that I have the time, money and a family of my own I’m excited to get out on (and off) the road again to see the country.

Weapon of choice for starting these adventures is my Jeep Gladiator, outfitted with a OVS Nomadic 3 RTT and a bunch of gear in desperate need of a shakedown. Look forward to learning from you all.
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I'm Jesse. Retired and new to Overlanding. I live in Central Washington state. I've been a Nomad for awhile but after watching some YouTube videos have decided I want to give Overlanding a try. Not really into 4x off roading like some I just want to see new places and have new experiences while I can still enjoy it. I currently own a 96 Ford F350 long bed, standard cab with a 5.8l with a C6 automatic two wheel drive. May not be the ideal rig for doing this, but for now I'm going to work with what I've got. Rig has high miles but mechanically in pretty good shape. I will probably replace it within a couple of years and get something a little newer with lower miles. The only thing that makes me feel a little nervous with some of the places I'd like to go is my age. I'm 68. I'm thinking I'd like to try the PanAmerican highway in a year or two. Am I being crazy to even consider it at my age? Probably, but even if I am being crazy I'll probably try it anyway. LOL I obviously have a lot to learn, but I've always enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. I spent almost twenty years driving truck interstate, racking up almost 2 million miles along the way.
Welcome to the OB crew, overlanding isn’t about what you drive, it is about going and exploring. That F350 will take you plenty of places you can explore.

GreenLine74

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hello all,

Woody (AKA BigH2OChief) is finally on the Net.... long time forum cruiser and have been feeling guilty for not being a Member Supporter. The volume of information found here and the capability this platform provides deserves support, so this morning I finally joined.

I’ve been building and running ‘overlanders’ long before it was vogue. In 87’ a fellow Teammate and I rebuilt a US Mail Jeep and dragged a military trailer from Santa Rosa, CA. to the tip of Baja and back. In 89’ we dropped a 302 into a 69’ Toyota FJ and rolled the Rubicon for a few years (till the wheels literally fell off). Since then, I have built a Bronco, Hummer H3 and a couple F150s. If you see a pattern here, you are correct… I have a preference for full figured machines.

Prior to 2020, my focus has been knocking off the Ring of Fire stratovolcanoes. Unfortunately, due to health reasons my alpine climbing days sadly are over. So being in a rig in the outback is the next best solution. Fortunately, in 2021 my work world has also put me in a good position to focus on my overlanding passion.

Last summer I snagged another Ford F-150... this time a 13’ Raptor SVT for a 'trip in planning’. A few Veterans and I have a CONOPS to do parts of the northern Pan-American in 2022 (San Diego, CA. to Dead Horse and back). I've done 'the Dalton' twice before (work related) and eager to run the Haul Road again. There are three of us so far...

Look forward to meeting more like-minded folks with an appreciation for all things overlanding.

~ Woody (AKA BigH2OChief)

View attachment 196070
Nice looking bed cap. How do you like it?