Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
hello everyone!!
View attachment 195616
my location is Spokan,WA.
my rig is a 2015 xterra pro -4 an I have had her only for a month, lol till now, i was a happy co-pilot..1st off road rig for me..all my others have prefer pavement.. I have many things to learn about and with her !
and i have no true overlanding experience, but plenty of fun times exploring by myself and with our family lol love people, animals , local history,life, we have explored many things and ways .. ranging from whitewater kayaking, hiking, backpacking, car camping with our now 5 grown children , i have and still enjoy working road races, ..but miss our outdoor adventures and ready to explore and find new adventures in my trusty xterra-have not named her yet..exited to learn from and meet new friends!

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

dennisblass

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Trussville, AL, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Blass
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4GHR
My name is Tyler.

1) Birmingham, AL
2) 100 series Land Cruiser. Recently bought it from my dad who bought it new in 2003.
3) I am new to off roading and I look forward to building up my land cruiser. I am a pretty avid cyclist (mtn & road), so I look forward to building a good camping vehicle that I can drive around the southeast to camp and cycle.

Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me to learn from experienced overlanders.
Its good to see someone else from Birmingham.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All!
John Fortney from NE Missouri. I am a superintendent and have been exploring out of our Ford Explorer, but will be transitioning to a Suboverland Rig, 1994 GMC Suburban. We pick it up in Idaho at the end of May! I can't wait to post pictures of my new ride!
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

HSTexan

Rank II

Contributor III

DFW, TX
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
M
Member #

Hey y'all--I'm Bryan; I actually made an account a few years ago and forgot about it. Finally registered to become an OB member and wanted to become a bit more active to see what might be going on in my area and see what I can learn from others on the board. Located in DFW, TX; more to the northeast of Dallas near Richardson. Started to get back into camping and specifically vehicle based exploration about 5 years ago when I bought a 4th gen 4Runner; it really ignited a passion I didn't know I had. My wife and I are trying to make it a goal to visit every national park and see the beauty and diversity of this country (though I know a lot of them we won't be wanting to drive to). The 4Runner that started it all just got sold last week to make room for a new build on my 200 series Land Cruiser which we picked up at the beginning of the month. Look forward to being here!

slamb

Rank III

Contributor III

Martinez, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lamb
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 (Stock at this time)
Previous Vehicle: 1998 Jeep XJ (Not Stock)
Overland Experience: Novice
So it started out with the jeep to get to the cabin in the Mendocino National Forest. Sold that and got the Colorado, Lost the Cabin in the 2020 Fires. Now I’m looking to get out and find more adventures out in nature. May find some Fly Fishing in there too. (Plan to rebuild cabin at some point.

Nate1369

Rank III

Member III

Bedford, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Peralta
Member #

Sup guys.. my name is nate, im from dallas texas currently living in bedford. I run my own aauto repair business. My rig is a gmc sierra duramax. Do alot of hunting and fishing, looking to get into overlanding. Me and the wife have set a goal to try and hit parks across the country. Im excited to be apart of the forum and look forward to meeting up with you guys and learn a thing or two

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey y'all--I'm Bryan; I actually made an account a few years ago and forgot about it. Finally registered to become an OB member and wanted to become a bit more active to see what might be going on in my area and see what I can learn from others on the board. Located in DFW, TX; more to the northeast of Dallas near Richardson. Started to get back into camping and specifically vehicle based exploration about 5 years ago when I bought a 4th gen 4Runner; it really ignited a passion I didn't know I had. My wife and I are trying to make it a goal to visit every national park and see the beauty and diversity of this country (though I know a lot of them we won't be wanting to drive to). The 4Runner that started it all just got sold last week to make room for a new build on my 200 series Land Cruiser which we picked up at the beginning of the month. Look forward to being here!

Hello Bryan, welcome (back) to Overland Bound. Driving the LC to all the parks would not be such a bad thing to do, in my opinion.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Current Vehicle: 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 (Stock at this time)
Previous Vehicle: 1998 Jeep XJ (Not Stock)
Overland Experience: Novice
So it started out with the jeep to get to the cabin in the Mendocino National Forest. Sold that and got the Colorado, Lost the Cabin in the 2020 Fires. Now I’m looking to get out and find more adventures out in nature. May find some Fly Fishing in there too. (Plan to rebuild cabin at some point.
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound, stinks hearing about the loss of your cabin.

Reactions: Kent R and slamb

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Sup guys.. my name is nate, im from dallas texas currently living in bedford. I run my own aauto repair business. My rig is a gmc sierra duramax. Do alot of hunting and fishing, looking to get into overlanding. Me and the wife have set a goal to try and hit parks across the country. Im excited to be apart of the forum and look forward to meeting up with you guys and learn a thing or two
Hello Nathan, welcome to Overland Bound. What is all that white stuff around your rig in the picture?

Reactions: Kent R and Nate1369

hawk5000

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello all. New to the forum. Big fan of Lifestyle Overland.

I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR.

I have a lot of camping and car camping experience, a fair amount of offroading experience.

I am located in the Northwest a little south of Seatte.

Attachments

wysedav

Rank 0

Contributor I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Wyse
Hi folks, just found the sight. I built a teardrop style trailer last year and now I'm thinking about building an overland trailer. I really like the look of the Teton X Hybrid, the tilt up ceiling seems like a great solution to give some interior privacy for showering or a bathroom.

My son is doing college remotely this year because of COVID so he "borrowed" my teardrop and our new Subaru to explore the country (lucky dog). He's been on the road about 80 days now, currently in Durango CO. Still wants to get to the west coast and Yellowstone, not much time left as I want my trailer back by the middle of July.

DavidIMG_0765.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi folks, just found the sight. I built a teardrop style trailer last year and now I'm thinking about building an overland trailer. I really like the look of the Teton X Hybrid, the tilt up ceiling seems like a great solution to give some interior privacy for showering or a bathroom.

My son is doing college remotely this year because of COVID so he "borrowed" my teardrop and our new Subaru to explore the country (lucky dog). He's been on the road about 80 days now, currently in Durango CO. Still wants to get to the west coast and Yellowstone, not much time left as I want my trailer back by the middle of July.

DavidView attachment 195872
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

sweetcbb

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Caroline
Last Name
Baty-Barr
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!
Hello Caroline, welcome to Overland Bound, try Gaia.com for. your maps desire. Also trailsoffroad.com for places to go locally, their rating system is spot on for degree of difficulty.
Much appreciated!