Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

I'd love for you guys to the north to organize a ride. I'd live to come. Really, any excuse to go to Canada is a good one.
Perfect....check out East Coast Overland. He is organizing something big for Aug.2017.
I Know I know....wrong coast. We like to refer to it as the "Right Coast".

More details on his FB page.

Jim

Jason Duke

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hello everyone, my name is Jason Duke, the wife an I have just purchased a Jeep and are anxious to begin enjoying some outdoor adventures.
We are from Alabama and both grew up "mud riding" and know how to spin tires, but have little experience in the rocky and seemingly unforgiving trails of the West.
Hopefully this group can help us accomplish or goals to learn and enjoy what Overlanding has to offer.

Duke
Rig: 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (practically stock, but we are working on it)
Experience: Beginner

Yoda_FJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Woodbridge, VA
Member #

1661452_10156466023980191_625165209223209088_n.jpg
Hello,

New member, Phil here. Just "badged in" last week, just waiting on it to arrive in the mail! Located in Northern Virginia (NoVA) and would love to know if there are any decent overlanding options people know of within the local area.

I daily drive an Army Green 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Besides some cosmetic changes, tires and wheels, and a LineX roof coating it is functionally stock.
(Previous was a white and black 2002 Nissan Xterra I called the stormtrooper.. see a theme here?)

I have no real overland experience besides liking to venture out on the road to go hiking/camping during blizzards while everything is empty and peaceful.

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Been kind of lurking the forum for a couple weeks now, so probably should introduce myself. I'll
put together a build thread here soon. Glad to be here and look forward to learning along the way! EDIT- Just purchased my membership, waiting on my OB number now, woohoo!

Location- Burlington, Vermont
Rig- 2006 Nissan Xterra
Overlanding Experience Background- Some experience, fairly new still.
View attachment 10211
Welcome Kyle! Nice rig!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everyone, my name is Jason Duke, the wife an I have just purchased a Jeep and are anxious to begin enjoying some outdoor adventures.
We are from Alabama and both grew up "mud riding" and know how to spin tires, but have little experience in the rocky and seemingly unforgiving trails of the West.
Hopefully this group can help us accomplish or goals to learn and enjoy what Overlanding has to offer.

Duke
Rig: 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (practically stock, but we are working on it)
Experience: Beginner
Congrats on the new rig! And welcome to the group!

Reactions: Jason Duke

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey all, been lurking for about a month now and figure it's about time to introduce myself.

My name's James and I live up in Sonoma County in California, lived up here my whole life, minus the stint I did in the US Army with the 82nd Airborne.

Purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR earlier this year and have been dumping all my money into it, to my Girlfriend's reluctance, since! I'm completely new to Overlanding, but not new to enjoying the outdoors and everything it offers! I can't wait to get my truck up to the point that I want it to be and to finally be able to take some time off work to get out and enjoy it!

Seems like a great group of people on here and can't wait to start meeting you all!
Welcome to the group James! And thank you for your service!!!

Reactions: Porter707

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
View attachment 10259 View attachment 10258 Hi guys new to the forums and page , member emblem on the way . Me and my wife and dog travel in our camper all over OZ and are in the process of planning a overland trip to Europe and the US
Current location is Port Hedland WA
Rig is a custom made Nissan patrol that I built myself , will make a build thread at some point.
Will be an active member any questions or anyone travelling past I will be happy to help
Cheers kyle
Welcome Kyle! So jealous of the rigs available down under :-)

Reactions: Kyleg

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Icon Stage 2. With the Holidays coming up I am just trying to budget the expense right now. Working with Metal tech to get the Black Friday pricing. I just have to commit the money ya know.
Have you checked out headstrongoffroad.com for price comparison. They also do free shipping all everything.

Reactions: giarc1234

BaseBklyn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Staten Island, NY
Member #

What's up everyone. New here, member #2388. I'm really happy I joined this family and looking forward to the adventures which lie ahead.

I went from a '12 2dr JK to a '16 4Runner TRD PRO. All stock right now but looking to add a BajaRack full length rack and a few other things in the near future. ImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1479772906.106462.jpg

Reactions: Ernesto Del Real

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 10477
Hello,

New member, Phil here. Just "badged in" last week, just waiting on it to arrive in the mail! Located in Northern Virginia (NoVA) and would love to know if there are any decent overlanding options people know of within the local area.

I daily drive an Army Green 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Besides some cosmetic changes, tires and wheels, and a LineX roof coating it is functionally stock.
(Previous was a white and black 2002 Nissan Xterra I called the stormtrooper.. see a theme here?)

I have no real overland experience besides liking to venture out on the road to go hiking/camping during blizzards while everything is empty and peaceful.
Welcome to the group Phil,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
What's up everyone. New here, member #2388. I'm really happy I joined this family and looking forward to the adventures which lie ahead.

I went from a '12 2dr JK to a '16 4Runner TRD PRO. All stock right now but looking to add a BajaRack full length rack and a few other things in the near future. View attachment 10533
Welcome to the group "BaseBklyn",

Reactions: BaseBklyn

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

What's up ☺ New member
Currently in Wales, United Kingdom.
Driving a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300TDI.
Expedition truck. In between novice and experienced haha. I've travelled the whole of Western Australia over 8 months in another Truck and some of Europe on a separate trip. Still wouldn't class me as massively experienced.

Look forward to growing with you guys.

SGT MAC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arlington VA
Member #

What's up guys!
Newb to this forum but long time Overlander & Rock Crawler
I'm 23, Active Military From Reno, NV but stationed out here in Washington DC for the next 2 years
So right now im just building my rigs so theyll be ready when i move back home
the questions i had was can the first 500 members still pick out the emblem number of their choice, if they still can?
how do i know if the number i would like is not already taken?
i was looking for 1911 or 0511 or 1993 or 2001 or 7773

i got a couple "Rigs" Two of them Back at my Mom's in Reno NV and the other Three out here with me
got my first truck when i was 18
1979 F150

then bought my Favorite truck (still is) when i was 19. thats where my real project started
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

after my first deployment i'd just turn 21 and bought my First Rock Crawler
1984 Toyota pick-up

Once i moved to DC last year i figured i needed a more city friendly rig
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

Then i just recently bought this banging Camaro, first car ive ever owned kinda
2014 Camaro ZL1 (6.2L Supercharged)

Attachments

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
What's up ☺ New member
Currently in Wales, United Kingdom.
Driving a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300TDI.
Expedition truck. In between novice and experienced haha. I've travelled the whole of Western Australia over 8 months in another Truck and some of Europe on a separate trip. Still wouldn't class me as massively experienced.

Look forward to growing with you guys.
Welcome to the group Thomas,

Reactions: Tom Burnet

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

What's up guys!
Newb to this forum but long time Overlander & Rock Crawler
I'm 23, Active Military From Reno, NV but stationed out here in Washington DC for the next 2 years
So right now im just building my rigs so theyll be ready when i move back home
the questions i had was can the first 500 members still pick out the emblem number of their choice, if they still can?
how do i know if the number i would like is not already taken?
i was looking for 1911 or 0511 or 1993 or 2001 or 7773

i got a couple "Rigs" Two of them Back at my Mom's in Reno NV and the other Three out here with me
got my first truck when i was 18
1979 F150

then bought my Favorite truck (still is) when i was 19. thats where my real project started
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

after my first deployment i'd just turn 21 and bought my First Rock Crawler
1984 Toyota pick-up

Once i moved to DC last year i figured i needed a more city friendly rig
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

Then i just recently bought this banging Camaro, first car ive ever owned kinda
2014 Camaro ZL1 (6.2L Supercharged)
Welcome to the group I am new as well, you have quite a fleet of rigs going on there. I retired from the Army in 2012 so thank you for your service I appreciate it.