Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Howdy all,

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Experience: some backpacking & hiking, lots of car camping (I've done lots of bike racing).

The reason I bought the 4Runner and began searching the Overland/Expedition scene is my bucket list. I've been wanting to get "out west" to ride my mountain bike for some time now and I never could get away from work long enough to make it happen. I can retire shortly so I can finally this happening.

first mod - added the sleeping platform from my Honda Element for storage (bike rack on the floor also fits, will hold a 29er in the back standing up).

View attachment 10407
Very nice setup! Welcome!

Floki240

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hart's Location, New Hampshire
Member #

Hey everyone, name's Ryan. Just gonna get right in to it.

1)

2) Central Florida

3) 2007 Toyota 4runner V6 Sport Edition 4WD ( completely stock)

4) 5-6 trips up to Northern New Hampshire every year, mostly highway with lots of car camping and some forest roads when possible. Recently completed an ~8,000 mile road trip in 15 days from Florida, up to Minnesota, over to California, east to Colorado, then home to Florida. Camped as often as possible (just the girlfriend and I) and only had to stay 4 nights in hotels! Mostly highway driving obviously, but made it a point to break off and take in the scenery whenever the opportunity arose. Glad to have found this community here!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey everyone, name's Ryan. Just gonna get right in to it.

1)

2) Central Florida

3) 2007 Toyota 4runner V6 Sport Edition 4WD ( completely stock)

4) 5-6 trips up to Northern New Hampshire every year, mostly highway with lots of car camping and some forest roads when possible. Recently completed an ~8,000 mile road trip in 15 days from Florida, up to Minnesota, over to California, east to Colorado, then home to Florida. Camped as often as possible (just the girlfriend and I) and only had to stay 4 nights in hotels! Mostly highway driving obviously, but made it a point to break off and take in the scenery whenever the opportunity arose. Glad to have found this community here!
Welcome to the Group Ryan,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey everyone!
From Southern New Brunswick Canada
Rig: 2000 F150 stepside 5.4l
Novice in overlanding, but experienced bushcrafter and world traveler.
Looking to learn and share from everyone here.
If you're in our area, don't hesitate to stop in!
Welcome to the group Ferd F-150

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

New to the forum and ready to start overlanding in my new to me 2006 4runner SR5. I am looking forward to learning from this forum and taking my first trip out and about in western Washington. Looking forward to the upcoming adventures.

Rig : 2006 4runner SR5 (Stock for now)
Experience: None, just starting, ready to learn.

Thanks,

Craig

ToyotaAventureros

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Nanton, Alberta
Member #

New to the forum and ready to start overlanding in my new to me 2006 4runner SR5. I am looking forward to learning from this forum and taking my first trip out and about in western Washington. Looking forward to the upcoming adventures.

Thanks,

Craig
Welcome! Excellent choice of vehicle.

Reactions: giarc1234

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Thanks,

Craig
Welcome to O.B., Hello neighbor , I live near Issaquah, WA

Reactions: giarc1234

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

IMG_0270.JPG

Turned my back for a few weeks after changing jobs and there's a TON of new members with every type of rig I could imagine and then some. Welcome everyone! This is just...very very cool to see. Can't wait to catch up and see where everyone's been and where everyone's going...

Marco

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Redwood City, California
Member #

DSC04261.JPG Hello All,

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Marco.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma (a work in progress)
Overlanding Experience Background: I'm new to overlanding and I'm eager to learn and experience as much as is humanly possible. I'm also looking forward to making friends and sharing in the adventure that is overlanding.

Last edited:

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey everyone!
From Southern New Brunswick Canada
Rig: 2000 F150 stepside 5.4l
Novice in overlanding, but experienced bushcrafter and world traveler.
Looking to learn and share from everyone here.
If you're in our area, don't hesitate to stop in!
Welcome Andrew. I just joined the group recently myself. Tons of forum participation in this group.
I am in Nova Scotia just outside Halifax. We have a pretty good group of offroaders/overlanders on the East Coast.
If you haven't already you might consider looking up East Coast Overland. It can be found on FB and the guy is on here as well. Based out of NB also.
Maybe we will cross paths in 2017.
Jim

ToyotaAventureros

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Nanton, Alberta
Member #

Welcome Andrew. I just joined the group recently myself. Tons of forum participation in this group.
I am in Nova Scotia just outside Halifax. We have a pretty good group of offroaders/overlanders on the East Coast.
If you haven't already you might consider looking up East Coast Overland. It can be found on FB and the guy is on here as well. Based out of NB also.
Maybe we will cross paths in 2017.
Jim
Loving to see some more fellow Canadians! If you guys ever head out west to Alberta let me know!

Reactions: Jim Newell

HopWrecked

Rank 0

Contributor I

G'day Kiro from Perth Western Oz,

Just found this site and the videos so thought I'd say hello and sign up.

Pic is of our touring rig. A Jeep KK, locked lifted and fitted out with kids seats. I curently drag around a off road camper trailer that built from a cage trailer. I'll post a pic of that some time when I find the right spot.
Cheers
Kiro

Attachments