Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all of you out there!

My name is Ruud, but since that's sort of unpronounceable for the English speaking, let's keep it to Whoosh.
I consider myself to be a medium experienced terrain driver.
As for overlanding, I am gradually building up experience. For several years we (my wife and I) been bouncing around in mountainous terrain in Europe - highlights being Spain en Italy.
Our great plan to drive to Mongolia and back had to be postponed due to that nasty virus. Well, we did a tour instead through 9 countries all the way to southern Italy. Flexibility is the key.
My driving ambitions are more geared towards getting there (and back again) than in wrecking my rig by fun&games.
This year I have created my own build-in. After an extended design phase (detailed CAD) the building itself actually went quite smoothly. Proof, I think, that planning if often better than plungeing. The fact that it all worked well in the field turned out to be quite a relief ;-)
To give you a bit of a feel for our setup: we sleep in an AluCab roof top tent, and have a QuickPitch en-suite attached for privacy sensitive situations :-)
The rig we drive is an Iveco Massif (anyone own one?). It is outfitted with custom made rock sliders. Since the build-in it carries an extra 120 liters of diesel and 50 liters of water.
So far we're quite happy with the Massif's performance.

I'm quite willing to share any and all of my knowledge and experience - always for what it's worth, of course.
Even more than that, I'm quite willing to learn!

...oh, and please forgive the inevitable language-related errors and stupidities. It's not my mother's tongue...
Welcome to Overland Bound Ruud.
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Another member you might have heard about is @Polaris Overland Dave Spinks who has done the Mongolia adventure.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All
Expat from Canada living in SE Michigan
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary edition. ( perk of working @ FCA)
Have 4wheeled 20+ years and camped even longer. figured it was time to incorporate the two. This will be my first overland rig
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!
I live in the St Louis (MO) area, and just picked up a 2020 Chevy Silverado 4x4.
I chose a crew cab to fit the family and dogs in.
We're real excited about getting some overlanding under our belt!
I have experience camping, but I'll definitely be learning and building as I go.
This looks like a great group. Hope to see you all out there!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Reactions: {Nate10920}

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler The last JKU
Experience: rookie overland boy
Welcome To Overland Bound Miguel.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all...new member Fitz here
Vehicle: 2004 LX470
Just feeling out the forums and wanted to introduce myself...
Some of the places I love:
View attachment 173219View attachment 173220View attachment 173221View attachment 173222View attachment 173223
Welcome to Overland Bound Fitz.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
A local meet-up you might be interested in is very close to you;

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello All
Expat from Canada living in SE Michigan
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary edition. ( perk of working @ FCA)
Have 4wheeled 20+ years and camped even longer. figured it was time to incorporate the two. This will be my first overland rig
Welcome!....I'm hoping to get up there soon...

Reactions: Expat and Kent R

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello. My name is John, I am 43, Single, and I work at Ingram Micro ITAD.
My vehicle is a 1998 Chevy Blazer ZR2. When I got it, it already had a 2" body lift a roof rack, & 3" Exhaust w/ a Flowmaster, I'm looking to do more to it in the coming months. I just bought some lights and am about to start on building the front and rear bumpers and the rock sliders.
I live just outside of Fortville, IN.

I'm new to Overlanding. I came across some videos on YouTube and thought "I could do that"...plus, I need some adventure in my life. I find myself being cooped up all the time any more, so I'm looking to start getting out more.

I look forward to getting out there and having some fun and meeting some new people!

View attachment 173344View attachment 173343
Those are an under represented rig in overlanding today....I personal love them....can't wait to see the build...make sure you get out and explore!

Reactions: Kent R

Scforten

Rank I

Traveler I

First Name
Cory
Last Name
F
Member #

New Member! My name is Cory and my wife is Anna. We are from Mississippi. I grew up camping, backpacking, and involved with the local Offroad community, she grew up not doing that. We met as camp counselors got married and bought a 2013 JKUR. After spending some time rock crawling and stuff we decided to get into something more relaxing and more camping oriented. I traded my JKUR in for a 2013 Nissan Titan Pro-4X and have been building it up for the last few weeks. I’m super excited to be here and apart of this community.

Hirschmj

Rank II

Contributor III

335 Redmond Street, Jackson, Wyoming 83001, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hirschmann
Member #

Hi all, my name is Josh and I live in Jackson Hole. I have 2013 Tacoma 4 door long bed TRD Sport with a Tepui ontop. Not for use in rock crawling or anything like that, mainly forest service roads and basecamp for biking and backpacking. My dog Shylah joins for most adventures.

Attachments

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all of you out there!

My name is Ruud, but since that's sort of unpronounceable for the English speaking, let's keep it to Whoosh.
I consider myself to be a medium experienced terrain driver.
As for overlanding, I am gradually building up experience. For several years we (my wife and I) been bouncing around in mountainous terrain in Europe - highlights being Spain en Italy.
Our great plan to drive to Mongolia and back had to be postponed due to that nasty virus. Well, we did a tour instead through 9 countries all the way to southern Italy. Flexibility is the key.
My driving ambitions are more geared towards getting there (and back again) than in wrecking my rig by fun&games.
This year I have created my own build-in. After an extended design phase (detailed CAD) the building itself actually went quite smoothly. Proof, I think, that planning if often better than plungeing. The fact that it all worked well in the field turned out to be quite a relief ;-)
To give you a bit of a feel for our setup: we sleep in an AluCab roof top tent, and have a QuickPitch en-suite attached for privacy sensitive situations :-)
The rig we drive is an Iveco Massif (anyone own one?). It is outfitted with custom made rock sliders. Since the build-in it carries an extra 120 liters of diesel and 50 liters of water.
So far we're quite happy with the Massif's performance.

I'm quite willing to share any and all of my knowledge and experience - always for what it's worth, of course.
Even more than that, I'm quite willing to learn!

...oh, and please forgive the inevitable language-related errors and stupidities. It's not my mother's tongue...
Hi Ruud welcome to OB.
Plenty happening here in Europe so please keep an eye on the Rally Point and take time to join the fb and WhatsApp groups.
I look forward to catching up with you at a meet in the future.
If you have any questions re Mongolia we did the trip in 2018.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 173517

Rig: 2017 Mercedes-Benz G300 Profession PUR (w416) Diesel
Experience: Car based camping since I was a kid. Did a big overlanding trip from the UAE to the North Cape and back in 2012 taking about 5 months (with a 2009 F-150 FX4).
Your Regional Director is @Get Out GO for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: daoudw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, my name is Josh and I live in Jackson Hole. I have 2013 Tacoma 4 door long bed TRD Sport with a Tepui ontop. Not for use in rock crawling or anything like that, mainly forest service roads and basecamp for biking and backpacking. My dog Shylah joins for most adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @WyOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member! My name is Cory and my wife is Anna. We are from Mississippi. I grew up camping, backpacking, and involved with the local Offroad community, she grew up not doing that. We met as camp counselors got married and bought a 2013 JKUR. After spending some time rock crawling and stuff we decided to get into something more relaxing and more camping oriented. I traded my JKUR in for a 2013 Nissan Titan Pro-4X and have been building it up for the last few weeks. I’m super excited to be here and apart of this community.
Welcome To Overland Bound Cory and Anna.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17

Reactions: Scforten

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Whats up yall! Im from Fayetteville, AR and I currently drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited! I wouldn't say I am an experienced overlander, but I definitely have some experience! Here a pic of the rig a few weeks agoView attachment 173408
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information in Ozark Arkansas is @BlueLineOverland send him a message if you need anything in your area.

Reactions: tsrhines

Wdrell

Rank III

Explorer I

O'Fallon, IL, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Drell
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Veteran
taco.jpg

Hey Yall! I am a new member, been trying to get into camping and some outdoors therapy more! Above is a picture of my Taco with my Truckbed Tent, just recently upgraded to a RTT waiting to take it out on it maiden voyage. I drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 but you cant tell anymore as I have completely de-badged it and applied some GOAT armor to help with my desert pin striping. Been out overlanding a few times with a few local peeps here in the Tucson area, this summer was kinda a bust because of the big fire we had on Mt Lemmon, then my wife deployed (military) so priorities got shifted. Looking forward to getting back out there again. Hoping to do some meet-ups with fellow members from Southern AZ.

DadBod

Rank I

Contributor I

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Cho
Member #

New guy here!

119864626_10157665120643527_884627948619090939_o.jpg

2) I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago
3) 2010 Toyota 4Runner
4) Newb Overlander here. I've done a ton of builds and off roading, but just started getting into overlanding. Just recently got back from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and going back in 2 weekends. Here are some pix of past rig's i've had fun with.

92166353_3719178074820283_3064785566030626816_n.jpg

105025999_10157445904118527_857988380624377257_o.jpg

Toothless

Rank III

Contributor III

205 Charles Road, Jacksonville, North Carolina 28546, United States
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Newport
Member #

Hello, my name is Joel, I'm a retired U.S. Marine. I'm fairly new to Overlanding, although technically I've been overlanding for years in the military. I currently reside in Jacksonville, NC. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner (Toothless) that I am building up. I'm really stoked to have found Overland Bound, the community and overlanding in general. I look forward to meeting you all sometime.

MAB Adventure

Rank I

Enthusiast I