Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings All.. I joined the forum and have been lurking for a while so thought it was time to break the silence. I'm a newbie at "overlanding" but have been driving forest service roads and camping/hiking in the National Forests for a long time. Looking forward to learning a lot from others who have been overlanding.. BTW, I'm going to be using the vehicles I have to get out (2007 Honda Ridgeline and 2018 Subaru Forester) vs getting a dedicated off road vehicle. Hope to find other's using similar vehicles and see how they have them rigged.....
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Logansrun01

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings everyone from Fargo, ND. Very recently the off-roading and overlanding bug hit me and hence i am here. very novice to this, especially as compared to some of the videos I see out there on YT. I do like off the beaten path travel and its more of a journey for me than the destination itself.

I got a mall crawler(though I hate going to malls) and planning to build it out as a overlanding rig. its 2019 RAM 1500 with mall crawling 22 inch wheels, that I will be changing soon enough.

Next adventure planned is Rocky mountain national park during the dead beat of winter, last 2 weeks in Dec, hoping to catch some blizzards along the way. Like i dont get enough snow here :d
View attachment 172923
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm military guy, currently serving in TXARNG. Being in texas makes overlanding tough, but I try to get my family(wife&2youngboys) out as much as possible. We enjoy camping whenever we get a chance and are looking to expand out vehicle camping to bigger and better places. I reside in the north texas area and although we just sold our beloved 4th gen 4runner that was kitted out. We are now outfitting a 2017 toyota tundra to fit our needs! Thanks for the oppurtunity to be apart of something of this magnitude. We are happy to be here!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

jwells

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
First Name
J
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Hi all! Jaeger Wells here located in Pittsburgh right now. Just started getting into the overlanding and 4x4 scene in Western PA. I run a 2019 T4R SR5 with an Ironman 4x4 Stage 2 Foam Cell and Toyo Open Country ATIIIs at stock size. I will show pics of later!

Next big project is doing dual battery setup.

Phillysteak

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Haasnoot
Member #

Hey all! Philip Haasnoot from Arizona. I've been exploring Arizona a lot since moving out here from NY about 5 years ago. One of my main hobbies is Astrophotography and I love spending time out in the wilderness. I'm a multidiscipline engineer with a lot of tools so I'm looking forward to working on tons of overlanding related projects with you all.

hadyss

Rank I

Contributor III

Saskatoon, SK, Canada
First Name
tim
Last Name
vandertuin
Hi my name is Tim I joined awhile back but never really posted. I have a 2000 Chevy blazer lt with a 2.5” rough country lift and a 2” body lift custom bumper and sliders and roof rack had to make most myself as they don’t sell much for it. I go overland camping every year and love it. I live up in south Saskatchewan Canada so I’ve had to build it to handle pretty much all weather conditions. E6A87CF2-E3B4-4845-B423-2450924514BC.jpeg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
How’s it going! My name is Zach, and I’m an alumnus of App State. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors, but overlanding will be new. I recently purchased a 2014 JKU Rubicon, and knew I didn’t want the long arm kits, 6” lifts, tons, etc that can be seen as “typical” for Jeeps. I did know that I wanted it to be functional and self sustainable though, so I’m starting my quest.
Hello Zach, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi there,

I'm a happy overlander. I love the challenge of building up a rig that suits my needs. I'm currently in a 2008 Tundra. So far I've installed an OME 2" lift, switched over to Falken AT3W's for tires (love them!), have created a sleeping/storage/kitchen area in the bed with a shell over the top, built my own GooseGear-style back seat storage, have installed and am adding to a solar setup, and have various accessories on top of the Rhino Rack roof rack. I'm adding a front and rear bumper setup from Expedition One next weekend!

I live in Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge, and absolutely love to go out on various kinds of trips with my friends. Exploring and getting out there really makes my life more full. Other things I do:
Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

...and the list goes on. Happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to all of the information I can get.
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Originally from SoCal, but currently live in Pennsylvania.
2015 Jeep Wrangler (JKU) Sport
Have always enjoyed the outdoors, camping and off-roading. Since getting my Jeep a few years ago, I’ve primarily been into off-roading, but want to get into overlanding. Been subscribed to several YouTube channels for overlanding for quite some time. I have an small trailer that I plan on repurposing for hauling everything.
Hello Steve, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi my name is Tim I joined awhile back but never really posted. I have a 2000 Chevy blazer lt with a 2.5” rough country lift and a 2” body lift custom bumper and sliders and roof rack had to make most myself as they don’t sell much for it. I go overland camping every year and love it. I live up in south Saskatchewan Canada so I’ve had to build it to handle pretty much all weather conditions. View attachment 173033
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings from Plano TX!
We also have a home in Palm Springs Ca, and we are anxious to explore the Southwest especially when we retire in 4 years.

Ordered and received my 27th Jeep recently...a Gladiator Mojave!

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can!
Hello Bob, welcome to the OB community. I'm liking that Gladiator.

AppStateOX

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Setzer
How’s it going! My name is Zach, and I’m an alumnus of App State. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors, but overlanding will be new. I recently purchased a 2014 JKU Rubicon, and knew I didn’t want the long arm kits, 6” lifts, tons, etc that can be seen as “typical” for Jeeps. I did know that I wanted it to be functional and self sustainable though, so I’m starting my quest.
Hello Zach, welcome to the OB community.
Thanks!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Greetings from Plano TX!
We also have a home in Palm Springs Ca, and we are anxious to explore the Southwest especially when we retire in 4 years.

Welcome to OB! That is a pretty Gladiator for sure! 27th Jeep! Right on!!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Plano TX!

Congrats on the Gladiator, I heard a major shock manufacturer say he thought the Gladiator was the Swiss Army Knife of Overlanding.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Dezertbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! Philip Haasnoot from Arizona. I've been exploring Arizona a lot since moving out here from NY about 5 years ago. One of my main hobbies is Astrophotography and I love spending time out in the wilderness. I'm a multidiscipline engineer with a lot of tools so I'm looking forward to working on tons of overlanding related projects with you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound Phillip.
Hope to see you at Overland Expo next year in Flagstaff.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Tim I joined awhile back but never really posted. I have a 2000 Chevy blazer lt with a 2.5” rough country lift and a 2” body lift custom bumper and sliders and roof rack had to make most myself as they don’t sell much for it. I go overland camping every year and love it. I live up in south Saskatchewan Canada so I’ve had to build it to handle pretty much all weather conditions. View attachment 173033
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: ryancarman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all y’all. Tim Sloan here from Tulsa OK. Just started research on Overlanding. Oklahoma has some trails and lots lakes and steams. I am looking for the adventure and fly fishing. Daily driver is a Subaru Outback LTD, 2011. I’m considering a new daily and doing a build on the Subaru.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77 in Tulsa

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Jaeger Wells here located in Pittsburgh right now. Just started getting into the overlanding and 4x4 scene in Western PA. I run a 2019 T4R SR5 with an Ironman 4x4 Stage 2 Foam Cell and Toyo Open Country ATIIIs at stock size. I will show pics of later!

Next big project is doing dual battery setup.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits