Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Guinn
Member #

Hope I am posting this in the right place. My name is Jason from Albuquerque New Mexico, just became a member #26508 about 15 minutes ago after following you guys on Instagram (@jason_guinn27) I figured joining would be perfect for me. I drive a 1998 Land Rover Discovery with the Gems 4.0L gas engine. If I'm not outside doing something on the weekends, something is wrong. Looking foward to meeting everyone. Cheers and have a good weekendIMG_20200831_203434_470.jpg

Bfitzpat74

Rank I

Traveler I

Grand Haven, MI, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Fitzpatrick
Member #

Thanks for the add and thrilled to be here. Currently running a 2012 Chevy Silverado that's been awesome for 240K all over the country but looking to upgrade to a ZR2 so we can go further off road in 2021. I spend a fair amount of time in the PNW and all points in between my home in West Michigan and there. Just returned from Colorado and loved that trip!! We're really into ghost towns and anything abandoned and can't wait to see pics from other people's adventures!! :).

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, Matt here. I came across Overland Bound on YouTube after researching gear and upgrades. I was born in the Bay Area but I’ve relocated to Torrance Ca in the South Bay. Working on my Ham Radio license. Hopefully soon! I can’t wait to build my dream overland vehicle. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from all of you (:

2020 Wrangler JL
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Homebowlking

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add and thrilled to be here. Currently running a 2012 Chevy Silverado that's been awesome for 240K all over the country but looking to upgrade to a ZR2 so we can go further off road in 2021. I spend a fair amount of time in the PNW and all points in between my home in West Michigan and there. Just returned from Colorado and loved that trip!! We're really into ghost towns and anything abandoned and can't wait to see pics from other people's adventures!! :).
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hope I am posting this in the right place. My name is Jason from Albuquerque New Mexico, just became a member #26508 about 15 minutes ago after following you guys on Instagram (@jason_guinn27) I figured joining would be perfect for me. I drive a 1998 Land Rover Discovery with the Gems 4.0L gas engine. If I'm not outside doing something on the weekends, something is wrong. Looking foward to meeting everyone. Cheers and have a good weekendView attachment 169282
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason, and yes this is the right place to start.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I’m Vance from Nevada. I have a 2009 Jeep Rubicon that’s constantly being upgraded. Next step is a lift and 33’s. Pretty much a novice overlander
Welcome to Overland Bound Vance
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. @HappyOurOverlanding is the contact. This is a very active group with FB & IG pages.
US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, again so many new members! Great to see how the community is growing!

Welcome to all the new OB members!

Cheers, Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R

LowbuckLS

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Engler
Hello everyone,

My name is Randy and I am from Alberta, Canada. I am brand new to overlanding and all I have for a vehicle for now is a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab truck. I haven't gone on any trips with it yet but I am planning to go on my own "3 Day Adventure Challenge" here in a couple of weeks along the Forestry Trunk Road here in Alberta. I don't have a tent yet but am considering a Napier truck bed tent to start out since I am on a limited budget.

I'm planning on taking a fairly big trip next summer with my son up to the Yukon and possibly Alaska if the border is open for travel by then, I'm hoping to have a different vehicle by then.

Looking forward to learning lots from this forum and the YouTube channel and podcast. Heard about Overland Bound by searching on the Apple podcast app and found the podcast which led me to the YouTube channel and here to the forum.

lonebrave

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Maryland, United States
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hasser
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3DVY
Hey everyone.

Fairly new to overlanding, but grew up car camping in the summers. I have a Jeep WK in the states with minimal modifications (3" lift, rock sliders) that we used for some light off-roading and camping trips with my daughter's scout troop. Currently living in the UK with stock (for now) Defender that we'll be using to explore the UK and EU.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone.

Fairly new to overlanding, but grew up car camping in the summers. I have a Jeep WK in the states with minimal modifications (3" lift, rock sliders) that we used for some light off-roading and camping trips with my daughter's scout troop. Currently living in the UK with stock (for now) Defender that we'll be using to explore the UK and EU.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Randy and I am from Alberta, Canada. I am brand new to overlanding and all I have for a vehicle for now is a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab truck. I haven't gone on any trips with it yet but I am planning to go on my own "3 Day Adventure Challenge" here in a couple of weeks along the Forestry Trunk Road here in Alberta. I don't have a tent yet but am considering a Napier truck bed tent to start out since I am on a limited budget.

I'm planning on taking a fairly big trip next summer with my son up to the Yukon and possibly Alaska if the border is open for travel by then, I'm hoping to have a different vehicle by then.

Looking forward to learning lots from this forum and the YouTube channel and podcast. Heard about Overland Bound by searching on the Apple podcast app and found the podcast which led me to the YouTube channel and here to the forum.
Welcome to Overland Bound Randy.
I hope the boarder is open next summer also.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve & @Montana Carl
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

215Grappler

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Philadelphia, PA
First Name
Art
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Hey folks,

Art from Philadelphia checking in for the first time. I’m a new member and am eagerly awaiting my 2020 Tacoma Off Road, which should arrive in about two weeks. I’m really looking forward to learning about overlanding and hitting the trails. I haven’t been off-road in about 25 years when I was single and owned a Jeep. Now I’m 53 and looking for a new adventure!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey folks,

Art from Philadelphia checking in for the first time. I’m a new member and am eagerly awaiting my 2020 Tacoma Off Road, which should arrive in about two weeks. I’m really looking forward to learning about overlanding and hitting the trails. I haven’t been off-road in about 25 years when I was single and owned a Jeep. Now I’m 53 and looking for a new adventure!
Welcome from Phoenix Art

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Welcome from Phoenix Randy, love goldens.

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

New member # 1465:

Hi all I'm Michael. It was 2016 and I was about to graduate college when I went to visit a mate of mine who was doing their internship with the city of Bishop, CA. He invited me up to go camping and off-roading. At the time I had a standard red FWD Ford Ranger (Long Red--shout out to any Mountain & Leslie West fans). He took me around the eastern Sierras: Mammoth, Lake June, Convict Lake, etc in his lifted Ford Ranger 4x4. I was in awe of the sites and beauty. I left inspired and enamored, I wanted nothing more than to experience that more. I was racking my brain on how I could outfit Long Red but I was hesitant to invest in my Ranger because it was definitely not reliable enough. I told myself I would wait and when the time was right I would buy something capable.

Fast forward to 2018 and Long Red's motor failed on me. It was time to let her go. Times had been good to me financially so I took the plunge and decide to buy new. I had bought used up until then and I was tired of getting cars that had a shelf life of, who knows? My experiences from my summer in Bishop was still fresh in my mind, and I new I wanted something to get me back to the places off in the distance, past the roads and highways. So I started looking for a new vehicle. I went right for the big guns, Jeeps, Tacomas, & 4Runners. Holy smokes are they expensive!! And the gas mileage, for get about it!! I had to keep in mind the practical economics of things. No way I could afford the payment on a brand new Tacoma or 4Runner, I have also heard that Jeeps can be unreliable (no offense to the Jeep owners here!). Moreover, I felt like I was going too big too fast. I started calibrating my scope and asking myself what I wanted and what I needed from my vehicle. Some how a small voice whispered...subaru...and i started diving not research. After seeing the budding offroad/overlanding Subaru community, the gas mileage, and testimonials I felt I had found my rig. Economical, capable, and reliable---so far. I opted for the 2018 Forester XT. I knew this was not going to be the offroad/overlanding machine I daydreamed about, but it fit me. I don't know if I will ever have a desire to overland to Alaska--although I hear talks of people doing so in these--I knew this could at least get me to the lakes I saw in mountains just outside of Bishop.

Stella has come along way in a short period of time and I have been fortunate enough to take her on some brief trail rides in Utah and Western Texas. Both of those times I was alone and chose not to go to deep since I lacked experience. I know she is ready for bigger adventures but I am the only person in my circe of friends who has the desire to overland/off-road bug. I am looking to expand my base and gain more experience, hence this new subscription to Overland Bound! With that said I am looking for some compatriots to show me some local trails and share some knowledge so I can reach my goal to go on an epic trip! If anyone actually reads this full length introductory and knows some threads that are dedicated to Los Angeles County, CA or are Subaru specific please PM a link or reply to this entry!

Excitedly,

DharmaBum

IMG_0117.jpeg

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey, I’m Vance from Nevada. I have a 2009 Jeep Rubicon that’s constantly being upgraded. Next step is a lift and 33’s. Pretty much a novice overlander
Welcome to the wonderful world of Overland Bound. As @Kent R said, check out the Reno overlanding meeting and Trail Runs thread. Also we have a FB group page you can follow activities on along with Instagram. We just finished a run this weekend to High Rock Canyon. Stay tuned for the write up on this adventure via the OB thread. If you want to be added to the email list, please PM me.

Homebowlking

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Allan
Member #

Hello everyone,

Welcome fellow Albertan.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there! I'm new to overlanding and had been trying to digest the enormous information out there.
Rig: 2014 VW Touareg
Experience: Frequent camping on hwy 4 but none when it comes to overlanding, hence i'm here learning from you folks.
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any question or concerns feel free to contact me at @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads. These threads will provide you interesting reading and help you to navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep a weather eye on the member calendar and Rally Points, for information on local meet-ups, potential trainings and trail runs.

There are a couple of monthly meetups within driving distance of you, refer to Rally points for further information.

Hope to see you out there soon.

NoFluxGiven88

Rank 0

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Vezendy
Hey! My name is Amanda, me and my husband have always LOVED camping in remote places and just bought our first RTT and we can't wait to get out and explore more.
Area: Atlanta, GA
Rig: Toyota Tacoma 2018
Experience: novice when it comes to RTT, intermediate when it comes to camping

Looking forward to learning of new spots to go with great views that we can back our rig into.