Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A recent transplant from KC, I have just landed in Tulsa OK.
In late march I picked up this 2011 4R. Added a lift kit, Black Rhino wheels, Front Runner rack, Front Runner drawer system, ARB fridge, rear light bar, led fogs and a new stereo.
I am a NOVICE overlander, but plan to change that this summer as my Roof Nest arrives in a few days. :)
My work takes me all over OK and KS working on SCADA systems for water and waste water.

View attachment 155182
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Iwata77, @Prerunner1982

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there everyone!

Super psyched to join this awesome community, I’ve heard nothing but good things about you all!

My wife and I are Elopement + Intimate Wedding Photographers based out of the Great Smoky Mountains.

We've got a 2006 Jeep Commander with a 2 inch lift + 32” tires. Haven’t done a ton of overlanding in it yet but this summer we’re setting out across the country to visit some of our favorite spots (and of course find some new places!) Debating doing the Trans-America Trail, any tips or thoughts are appreciated!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
@AdventureWithDanan has done part of the TAT and is a good source of information regarding the trail.
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm a new member 24801. Been watching for a while and finally decided to take the leap. I'm always open for free stuff like forums, events, calendars and especially food!!!
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982, @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
Check out the member map to find members in the OKC area.

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hellow!

My name is Zachary Henderson, and my wife is Kinsley Henderson. We love being in the outdoors and are new to the overland community! We are at Beale AFB, close to Sacramento CA! Our rig is a 2010 Toyota Tundra. Love it so far and are excited to see more of the California area!
Welcome to Overland Bound Zachary & Kinsley.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Here are the local Sac Area meet-ups;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
You can use the member map to find other members close to you, there is a fairly good size group of members at Beale.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all

Just joined as a new member from the UK.

After many years of desert overloading in the Middle East, and now after returning to the UK a number of years ago, we have decided to go back to something we really enjoy.

I'm a Jeep addict, as this is the only brand of vehicle that I have owned since getting my permit far too many years ago!

We bought a Wrangler JLUR last year, and I am nearly finished getting everything ready for some adventures in a and around Europe and beyond.

View attachment 155129
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Great looking rig!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well I bit the bullet and excited about getting to know yall. I'm member #23058 Ive been on the forums for awhile but haven't posted a lot.
I'm a husband and a father of 3, and my rigs are a 2014 ram 1500 lonestar 4x4 5.7 and a 2017 jeep grand cherokee trailhawk 4x4 5.7.
I have been itching to do a walk around video of my rig. It's nothing special and mostly diy. May do it on this weekends camping trip.

I am however having an issue with the app. I am a member now but its still showing me as a guest, and will not allow me to access anything.
Welcome to overland Bound.
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well I bit the bullet and excited about getting to know yall. I'm member #23058 Ive been on the forums for awhile but haven't posted a lot.
I'm a husband and a father of 3, and my rigs are a 2014 ram 1500 lonestar 4x4 5.7 and a 2017 jeep grand cherokee trailhawk 4x4 5.7.
I have been itching to do a walk around video of my rig. It's nothing special and mostly diy. May do it on this weekends camping trip.

I am however having an issue with the app. I am a member now but its still showing me as a guest, and will not allow me to access anything.
Check PM

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jon (@JBerk), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma (North of Edmond). I am hoping to have a 2 day event in the not too distant future around the north central part of the state.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

As Kent mentioned I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know and my Member rep partner for the area @Iwata77 is up in Tulsa.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Folks-

New member here, and glad to have found this community. I put most of my background in my bio page, but wanted to drop by here and "Say Hey".

I'm getting back into the off-road life and over-landing in my '05 Silverado. She's essentially stock at this point (save for the 33s), and I'll be building her into my dream truck. I'll probably document it all here in a forum, but will try to put it on You Tube as well.

I've recently relocated with my family to Utah from Alaska. Moving out of Alaska was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but aging parents make for hard decisions becoming a bit easier.

I enjoy fishing, backpacking, skiing, photography, drinking beer and whiskey, camp fires, and good friends. What I know of "mechanic-ing" I learned the hard way, and am halfway decent. My job as a bomb tech has given me a fair amount of experience in chasing electronic problems and fixing them. With luck, some of that experience will come in handy here.

Hope to see you all out on the trail.

KG
View attachment 155123
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2010 wrangler, stock but working on it. Thanks View attachment 155119
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

K-G

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Hope, Alabama, United States
First Name
Kajetan
Last Name
Groicher
Member #

The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Much appreciated! I've been itching to get back to Flagstaff, and I think you just gave me a god reason.

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello OB crew!
My name is Greg, I live in SF Bay Area.
My rig is a "95 Jeep XJ (aka Cherokee).
I've been into the rock crawling thing for some time. Looking forward to meeting up with this group!
And now to introduce my Jeep...View attachment 155238
Hey Greg
Nice XJ! I bet you’ve been on some amazing trails. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

cmeades

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Eades
Member #

Hey guys! New member as of today. I live in Aurora, Colorado. Frequent camper, traveler, hiker, kayaker, anything outdoors. I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that I'm wanting to build out to travel more efficiently and better with! I joined so I can learn from those with more experience than me.

Thanks!fullsizeoutput_227.jpeg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Hey guys! New member as of today. I live in Aurora, Colorado. Frequent camper, traveler, hiker, kayaker, anything outdoors. I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that I'm wanting to build out to travel more efficiently and better with! I View attachment 155278joined so I can learn from those with more experience than me.

Thanks!
welcome! glad to have you as a member!

heres a link to a trailhawk thread

Reactions: Kent R and cmeades

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I'm a new member 24801. Been watching for a while and finally decided to take the leap. I'm always open for free stuff like forums, events, calendars and especially food!!!
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

australoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austral, TN, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Crowder
Member #

South East Tennessee here. Excited to be on board! Just starting out, well kind of. I've been around outdoors and camping and off-roading for many years, I guess before the term Overlanding was coined, we just went. Thanks for having me and my family!

Lloyd aka Frogg and Angie aka Wildcat. We have two children ages 15 and 8.

The Family ride! 2019 T4r TRD ORP. Suspension upgrades in the garage and coming...update once installed. Waiting on my tire decision. I can't make up my mind between AT or MT for the Family ride. Those dunflops gotta go!!

Maiden voyage to Gauley River Area, WV.

IMG_20190311_160450.jpgIMG_20190311_172909.jpgIMG_20190311_160103.jpg

We got the rack and the RTT installed and had the maiden sleep in the back forty due to quarantine closures!

IMG_20200516_231629 (2).jpg

The "other ride". My baby!
87 SR5 Local Sunday drive in the Cherokee NF, Chilhowee Mtn in TN.

IMG_20190811_162947_159.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
South East Tennessee here. Excited to be on board! Just starting out, well kind of. I've been around outdoors and camping and off-roading for many years, I guess before the term Overlanding was coined, we just went. Thanks for having me and my family!

Lloyd aka Frogg and Angie aka Wildcat. We have two children ages 15 and 8.

The Family ride! 2019 T4r TRD ORP. Suspension upgrades in the garage and coming...update once installed. Waiting on my tire decision. I can't make up my mind between AT or MT for the Family ride. Those dunflops gotta go!!

Maiden voyage to Gauley River Area, WV.

View attachment 155281View attachment 155284View attachment 155285

We got the rack and the RTT installed and had the maiden sleep in the back forty due to quarantine closures!

View attachment 155289

The "other ride". My baby!
87 SR5 Local Sunday drive in the Cherokee NF, Chilhowee Mtn in TN.

View attachment 155290
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! New member as of today. I live in Aurora, Colorado. Frequent camper, traveler, hiker, kayaker, anything outdoors. I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that I'm wanting to build out to travel more efficiently and better with! I joined so I can learn from those with more experience than me.

Thanks!View attachment 155279
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Last edited:

PNWtrekker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello everyone. Travis here from Bellingham, WA. I have spent a lot of time in the woods. Until recently, a pickup has always simply been a way to haul your gear in/out. A couple years ago a good friend introduced me to the concept of Overland travel. Because of that, I have seen more new ground in the past couple years than the 10+ prior to that. So far, in addition to a ton of day trips and base camp trips, we have traveled the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Conconully to Canada with a return via Canada and an epic WA, OR, ID, WY, CO, MT, Yellowstone road trip. If the COVID conditions allow it, we have WABDR Conconully to Ellensburg planned for June and a northern BC trip planned for July/August. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

truck.jpg