Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
my name is Bryan, I own this vehicle down below, I'm looking forward to linking up and learning about my own back yard.
1) View attachment 154812
2) Vancouver, WA
3) 06 4runner, SR5
4) Most definitely a novice. I am hoping to get out and learn many things to be self-sufficient and enjoy the world around me.
Hello Bryan, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: mando and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello folks!
Just signed up hoping to absorb as much information as I can for a upcoming trip I'm currently planning with my wife and 6 year old daughter in our 2018 Jeep Wrangler.

I'm a Broadway Stagehand and with Covid I will still be out of work for months to come so why not go visit family and friends that we haven't see in a while while the rest of the country starts to come back to life.
I'm putting a rooftop tent on my Jeep later this month and plan on hitting the road by around late June. I used to do camping trips on motorcycle years ago so this should be like a luxury. First time for my daughter.

I've already been spending a lot of time exploring and trying to learn how to use Gaia GPS but finding good camp sites is my big goal.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Hello Bill, welcome to the OB community. Stage hand on Broadway, that's cool. Too bad you'll be off work so long though.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone
my names Chris I'm very new to the world of overlanding im from Lancashire in the UK, I've not got a rig just yet, I found this awesome site by googling about overlanding and I'm glad I did its got alot of friendly and knowledgeable people here that know a lot about everything overland that I'm glad of as I will probably annoy you all with alot of questions, thanks and hopefully speak soon
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community. You will not annoy anyone, questions are welcomed here.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Geetings all, my name is Matt. Currently living in the Lynchburg, VA area. Previously lived in MI, AZ, NM, and OR - really enjoyed touring and exploring the SW in our XJ and would like to get back to it. Growing up my father was a school teacher who loved to camp, so I spent most of my early childhood summers car camping around Michigan and Wisconsin. Currently driving a 2019 Tundra TRD Off Road - no mods yet.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community. As a former Michigander I'd be interested to know where you lived in Mi., and where you camped?

AZ_98XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Prescott, Arizona
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marshall
Member #

Hi All,

Long time lurker and just became a member.
Rig: Was a 98 XJ but just got a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-road and put a bed rack and RTT on it.
Experience: I grew up camping and car camping with the XJ but now getting into the long overlanding trips.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!
My name is Erik, I've camped a few years as a kid. Now that I have a few kids of my own it's time for some adventure time. Currently running a 1997 Chevy K1500 Suburban on Cooper M/T. Been trying to get into this overland for a while. My kids love it so far for the trails that we have done. Waiting on some funds for an engine rebuild then I'll trust my rig a little more. Other than that glad I am able to join the app. Hopefully see you in the trail some day
Hello Erik, welcome to the OB community. Good looking Suburban.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, my name is Adam. I’ve always been into camping, done some backpacking, but just now getting into overlanding.

Drive a 2017 chief blue wrangler jku
Love offroading and excited to get into over landing.
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Alright, well this officially took me way to long to do. I wouldn’t say I’m a novice at all, nor would I say I’m a expert either haha. We are out of the Portland, OR area. I use a 19 Dodge Ram Cummins, I seriously enjoy it just for the fact that it’s different. I KILLS me however beating up 1 year old paint weekly. I do long range precision shooting, which was a easy tie in to overlanding. Getting out to the high desert and setting up is much easier when you have days to do it. And remote is key when shooting a mile. But one time my wife expressed interest in going. Having never camped before in her life... I had to warn her, it wasn’t a RV by any stretch. Well, she really enjoyed it. So now it’s all “we need to get a drone and take video, and start a YouTube” Any way, one step at a time haha.
Hello Marshall, welcome to the OB community. Your wife Courtney, if i'm connecting the dots correctly, shared a great post on the PNW Overland Bound fb page. Great to have you as part of our group and hope to meet you sometime.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone,
I am new to overlanding.

Rig: 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (V8)
Experience: Handy with a wrench but new to overlanding

I'll post a pic from my phone later.

I hope to get inspired with your alls ideas and experience.

Cheers
Hello RH and welcome to the OB community. Without a doubt I think you'll be inspired by the great people who a part of Overland Bound.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! I've been working on turning my old Defender into an overlanding/offroad rig for a few years and it's finally getting to the point of being reliable enough to start doing longer outings (engine swap to a Mercedes 300TD helps). I'm in the Spokane area and would like to meet up with others as in the past my outings have been mostly solo.
Hello everyone! I've been working on turning my old Defender into an overlanding/offroad rig for a few years and it's finally getting to the point of being reliable enough to start doing longer outings (engine swap to a Mercedes 300TD helps). I'm in the Spokane area and would like to meet up with others as in the past my outings have been mostly solo.
Hello NIcolas, welcome to the OB community. I love your Defender.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 1980, toyota, land cruiser HJ60
Experience: Novice and drive in forestry roads (not that exiting)
Hello Dimitri, welcome to the OB community. You live in a beautiful country that I would love to visit some day.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,

Rig: Was a 98 XJ but just got a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-road and put a bed rack and RTT on it.
Experience: I grew up camping and car camping with the XJ but now getting into the long overlanding trips.
Hi All,

Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community. I've only been to Prescott a couple of times but it sure is a beautiful place.

Reactions: Kent R and AZ_98XJ

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, Jim and Sheri from MI. Been members for a while but have not dug in yet. Who is my regional contact? What is the best way to start up and get the most out of all of what OB has to offer? We want to participate in clean ups etc.
Hello Jim and Sheri, welcome to the OB community. As a former Michigander I would love to know what part of Mi., you live in. Glad to have you aboard.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 154794
Hi everyone, I'm Mike from SE Washington. I've had this 4runner since January, and have been doing mods as I can. 2" lift (Bilstien5100/OME springs) Diff Drop, swaybar links. Custom fab'd rear bumper with dual swingout. 4xinnovations Front Bumper has been ordered.
I've owned 4x4s all my life, but have usually dragged a large travel trailer out to the mountains for camping. Smaller, agile trucks haven't been on my radar till now. Not sure I'll spring for a RTT, a cot and 3-season tent seem to work just fine.
Paring down a travel trailer's worth of camping gear has been a challenge.
Sarge (my 6mo Golden Retriever) and I are having a blast, so far.

2002 SR5 with over 268k miles.
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community.