Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all from Westbury Wiltshire in the UK, current vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE 2008.
Past vehicles Denfender 110 1988 and a Freelander 2.
Discovery 3 is named "Doris"
My old Defender 110 was named by daughter "Kiity" and that is where the name came from for our blog Kittylandrover.co.uk.
I was toying with the idea of becoming a member after following the YouTube channel so ive taken the plunge and look forward to new adventures.
Hello Ian, welcome to the OB community. Glad you took the plunge.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!

Obviously, I am new here so I'll start with my name. I am Jacob Scott Kelley. Call me Jacob or Scott, I should respond to both. Scott Milk is my online name since I like milk for some reason (and there ain't nothin wrong with that). I am an Eagle Scout that loves the outdoors. I am in Flagstaff AZ but considering I just graduated from mechanical engineering online (COVID) at NAU, I probably won't be here long since there isn't much for engineering jobs here. Starting my sophomore year, I started using my spring break to go on a camping road trip to various places like canyon lands, arches, zion, grand canyon, bryce canyon, etc. with many other in between places. I never really planned where I would camp but just find places when evening came along. At the time I had no idea it was called overlanding. With many other weekend trips around Flag I came to be fairly capable in my truck.

My first vehicle, and only so far, is my 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab limited edition V8 2WD. Ye, only 2WD, but it was a crackin deal when I got it back in high school and I didn't really know much about cars and off road. I have built the front bumper, put a winch in (for when I do occasionally get stuck)[not pictured], light bar because I like night driving, and a leveling kit for just a tad more clearance and looks good. Otherwise stock and planning to build a topper very soon. Oh, and I tried to make a custom grill but it kinda turned out bad, but will change one day. The build is never done.

View attachment 154738
Hello Jacob, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New Member from Chelsea, Alabama. New to Overlanding but having a great time so far. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon! View attachment 154639

2003 Toyota 4 Runner V8 Limited 4x4
3” Bilstein 5100 w/ IKON rear Overland Springs
33” Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Rig‘d Supply “Ultra Swing” Rear Tire Carrier w/ camp table
Goal Zero ‘Yetti‘ 1400 Portable Power
Smittybilt RTT
Hello Darren, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
OB#23400
I'm new to overlanding and am glad to be apart of the community.
Rig is a 2005 gmc envoy sle.
I am currently located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Hope you guys enjoy seeing something different!
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community. And yes, I did enjoy seeing something different.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone,

Member Intro"
2) Atlanta, Ga
3) 2019 Tacoma
4) Total Newbie here, getting into overlanding with my two young kids. I camped a lot on the West coast growing up in RV's and tents. Looking to give my kids the same experiences growing up.
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community.

Scott_Milk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Hello all!

Obviously, I am new here so I'll start with my name. I am Jacob Scott Kelley. Call me Jacob or Scott, I should respond to both. Scott Milk is my online name since I like milk for some reason (and there ain't nothin wrong with that). I am an Eagle Scout that loves the outdoors. I am in Flagstaff AZ but considering I just graduated from mechanical engineering online (COVID) at NAU, I probably won't be here long since there isn't much for engineering jobs here. Starting my sophomore year, I started using my spring break to go on a camping road trip to various places like canyon lands, arches, zion, grand canyon, bryce canyon, etc. with many other in between places. I never really planned where I would camp but just find places when evening came along. At the time I had no idea it was called overlanding. With many other weekend trips around Flag I came to be fairly capable in my truck.

My first vehicle, and only so far, is my 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab limited edition V8 2WD. Ye, only 2WD, but it was a crackin deal when I got it back in high school and I didn't really know much about cars and off road. I have built the front bumper, put a winch in (for when I do occasionally get stuck)[not pictured], light bar because I like night driving, and a leveling kit for just a tad more clearance and looks good. Otherwise stock and planning to build a topper very soon. Oh, and I tried to make a custom grill but it kinda turned out bad, but will change one day. The build is never done.

View attachment 154738
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Is the expo still happening? I would've imagined it'd be cancelled but I guess they are starting to soft open from quarantine here. Maybe by then there won't be concerns of such a big event

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Is the expo still happening? I would've imagined it'd be cancelled but I guess they are starting to soft open from quarantine here. Maybe by then there won't be concerns of such a big event
Currently it is still on, we are just waiting to see what Expo does.

Reactions: Scott_Milk

mcstrand

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Winfield, Indiana, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Strand
Member #

Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community. As a former Michigander I'd be interested to know where you lived in Mi., and where you camped?
I grew up in Fremont, and Pentwater and went to Michigan Tech. As a kid we went to PJ Hoffmaster several times, St Ignace, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Wisconsin dells, and various others. In college we did some car camping in the keeweenaw, and backpacking in the Porcupine Mtns and Pictured Rocks a couple times each.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Dawgguy101

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bexar County, Texas, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hello, Overland Bound Community! My name is Todd, and I live outside of San Antonio, Texas. I drive a 1995 Ford Bronco XLT, which I named "Betty" for my traveling adventures. She's currently still in the shop, receiving some much-needed upgrades and servicing. I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding, but looking forward to learning about self-sustaining travel and all of the experiences that go with it!

Betty drop 3.jpg

SHagler_2017

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
First Name
Sarah
Last Name
Hagler
Member #

Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm very new to this. My husband has been getting more and more into overlanding since he got his Jeep about 4 years ago. Took me a while to jump on the bandwagon (mostly because I was annoyed at the constant packages from Amazon arriving on the doorstep containing stuff for his Jeep). Well I just bought a 2017 TRD Offroad 4 runner and let's just say I'm now in love. Anyways, we live in Fayetteville, NC and are always looking for fun trips and new camp spots to take the vehicles so I'm excited to explore that more on here. I'll take any suggestions around the NC area!

Marco Escalante

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Patterson, Ca
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Escalante
Member #

Good evening OB community. I am Marco reporting in from Patterson, CA. Don’t look for it, I don’t think we have made the big map yet. So my wife Jen and I have been members for a while, but due to circumstances had not been active. We are now back and need to establish in the community and get back to living a little. Our current tool for adventure is a 2020 Wrangler JLU that we are working on getting back to as capable as our last Wrangler, and hoping to get out soon. Hope to see and meet some of you all soon.