Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello From Michigan!

New to all of this but eager to learn some new things. I have a Jeep Gladiator that I hope to be using to tour around in.

Thanks,

-- Doug
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: udbknight

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jacob (@Scott_Milk ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. While it's not an OB meet up, Overland Expo West is in Flagstaff (July 24th-26th) and you can bet there will be OB members there from all over.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Scott_Milk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Bandera Texas! My husband and I are just starting out on this new adventure and are hoping to get some help in figuring out what is and isn't necessary for us while doing it. We will be adventuring in a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with our Giant Schnauzer named Kate. I don't have a pic of our rig, but we did just put a set of Rock Slider steps on it and have some good ideas for future additions. Can't wait to get started.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is Tunney Morris and I am a recently retired career Firefighter/Paramedic and USMC vet. I live in the central Ohio area and awarded myself a 2020 Toyota Tacoma on retirement. I am a complete novice in regard to Overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound Turnney.
Congrats on retirement, hope it was in one piece.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Jim and Sheri from MI. Been members for a while but have not dug in yet. Who is my regional contact? What is the best way to start up and get the most out of all of what OB has to offer? We want to participate in clean ups etc.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jim & Sheri.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland, he is planing several meet-ups throughout the region this year.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. I joined here a couple years ago but never really became active. With all this free time I have these days to lurk the forums I figured I would say hello now that I have actually became a member.

Name is Steve,
I am originally from Denver Colorado, moved to San Leandro CA back in 2007. I came to the Bay for a job opportunity that was supposed to last 6 months and now we are going on 13 years.
My rig is a 2018 4Runner as seen in my avatar. My wife and I do tons of camping and nowadays a fair share of overlanding. We are slowly piecing together everything to make our overland experience the best possible without breaking the bank.

Well, that's my intro. I'm sure there is more I could add but this is a good start.
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: 510Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Brett Duffy
I live in Metro Atlanta, GA ITP
I drive a 1989 Toyota LandCruiser FJ62 as my daily driver
I have a little experience overlanding, but am always looking for more and of course to learn and develop my skills
Welcome To Overland Bound Brett. Nice rig!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Excited to join the overland bound community
2019 toyota 4 runner
Northern california
Novice who enjoy the outdoors and looking forward to meeting new people and sharing same passion
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Here is a local meet-up that you might be interested in.
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -BACK ON, With Social Distancing
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

My name is Parker.
I’m In California
My rig is a 1992 Chevy k1500
My level is novice, I’ve spent time camping and offroad but usually not at the same time.
Welcome to Overland Bound Parker.
Dont hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
In SoCal the closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
If you update your profile to show you general location rather than just California, it would really help.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/westIn NorCal

Reactions: Parkbench

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello,

My name is Parker.
I’m In California
My rig is a 1992 Chevy k1500
My level is novice, I’ve spent time camping and offroad but usually not at the same time.
Hey Parker! Well let’s get you camping and off roading at the same time! What part of California are you in?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi all. I joined here a couple years ago but never really became active. With all this free time I have these days to lurk the forums I figured I would say hello now that I have actually became a member.

Name is Steve,
I am originally from Denver Colorado, moved to San Leandro CA back in 2007. I came to the Bay for a job opportunity that was supposed to last 6 months and now we are going on 13 years.
My rig is a 2018 4Runner as seen in my avatar. My wife and I do tons of camping and nowadays a fair share of overlanding. We are slowly piecing together everything to make our overland experience the best possible without breaking the bank.

Well, that's my intro. I'm sure there is more I could add but this is a good start.
Hey Steve!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good Afternoon all!

My name is Antonio and I'm from the Bay Area, CA.

I own a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro in Army Green. I'm a beginner when it comes to Overlanding/Camping but quickly learning. Here's some photos of my rig from my recent trip to Mojave Rd. I'm still stock but have a lot of plans to make my rig more capable!
Hey Antonio, nice truck! I might be heavily biased when I say Tacoma’s stand alone....and the Mojave Road is a fun trip for sure! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. It’s a little drive from Vallejo but in Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Photos from a training day before COVIDF1DD525C-3783-462D-9890-F95AFA6BBDA3.jpegBEC49CC3-FAF7-4596-BD7E-5AA8C40F0B63.jpeg

Mike B.

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

IMG_20200509_090142.jpg
Hi everyone, I'm Mike from SE Washington. I've had this 4runner since January, and have been doing mods as I can. 2" lift (Bilstien5100/OME springs) Diff Drop, swaybar links. Custom fab'd rear bumper with dual swingout. 4xinnovations Front Bumper has been ordered.
I've owned 4x4s all my life, but have usually dragged a large travel trailer out to the mountains for camping. Smaller, agile trucks haven't been on my radar till now. Not sure I'll spring for a RTT, a cot and 3-season tent seem to work just fine.
Paring down a travel trailer's worth of camping gear has been a challenge.
Sarge (my 6mo Golden Retriever) and I are having a blast, so far.

2002 SR5 with over 268k miles.

breesha03

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Normal, IL, USA
First Name
Bree
Last Name
Chaudoin
Member #

Hey all! My name is Bree; lifelong wanderer and nature buff. Have been longing for the overlanding lifestyle and have been watching from afar for too long. Hoping to get out in 2020 and make some memories. Here’s a picture of my baby....2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Hope to chat with y’all soon!

4198486E-D5BA-4F46-9505-DD27E188D10D.jpeg

mando

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Kovaleff
Member #

my name is Bryan, I own this vehicle down below, I'm looking forward to linking up and learning about my own back yard.
1) 20191221_072149.jpg
2) Vancouver, WA
3) 06 4runner, SR5
4) Most definitely a novice. I am hoping to get out and learn many things to be self-sufficient and enjoy the world around me.

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current rig: in between, hoping to secure a Gen 3 4 Runner soon ;) last rig F150 4x4 short bed
Novice in over landing. Moderate in outdoor skill
grew up camping and it’s time to reconnect with nature.
Hello Brent, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all! My name is Bree; lifelong wanderer and nature buff. Have been longing for the overlanding lifestyle and have been watching from afar for too long. Hoping to get out in 2020 and make some memories. Here’s a picture of my baby....2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Hope to chat with y’all soon!

View attachment 154813
Hello Bree, welcome to the OB community. Good looking set up.