Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, Antonio here.
I live in Los Angeles, CA.
Drive a 2016 Subaru Outback.
My overland experience is moderate. I'm a landscape photographer so I use the outback for camping and trails. Not a rock crawler by any means, but reliable and capable.
Welcome to Overland Bound Antonio.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: photosubieoverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!
New member here in AZ. Slowly working on my 06 Jeep LJ. I’ve been camping since I could remember but new-ish to overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 154032
Hello everyone,

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger. I am just starting to outfit.

Level: I'm a novice. I did my fair share of camping, ATVing, and 4wheeling growing up but am new to overlanding. I bought my Ranger to tow a muscle car and made the mistake of taking a 3 week camping trek through the Northwest Territories last summer and got hooked.

-Clay
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: claytron8000

LJ Rob

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Festerling
Member #

Reactions: DaleRF and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone!
New to overlanding, we are avid hikers, but since I now have a 1 year old I think overlanding is the best way to go around and enjoy nature for my small family. I am in the military, currently overseas, we will be relocating to Tennessee in October. My rig is still en-route, its going to be a 5th gen 4Runner. Thanks again and take care y’all!
I miss the 1,000 islands. If you haven’t yet, be sure to hit up the Andriondacks. There is a lot of beauty up there. Cranberry Lake is a fun destination. Right now the fish are spawning at the old mill outside of Oxbow.
Welcome Chris. And thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R and Maxmino

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
View attachment 154032
Hello everyone,

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger. I am just starting to outfit.

Level: I'm a novice. I did my fair share of camping, ATVing, and 4wheeling growing up but am new to overlanding. I bought my Ranger to tow a muscle car and made the mistake of taking a 3 week camping trek through the Northwest Territories last summer and got hooked.

-Clay
Welcome Clay ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Impact

Rank 0

Contributor I

MD
First Name
Brennon
Last Name
H
Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

20190727_125823_HDR.jpg

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Hi everyone.

Most of my overland/offroad trips have been solo and it would be good to meet up with some others in my area.

Rig: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: Easy to moderate trails in California, Utah and Colorado

RON_5934.jpgRON_5406.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

View attachment 154138
Nice Bronco... love the 5th gens... Welcome, and you will find lots of good information on here for getting started..

Reactions: Kent R and Impact

Remington_Johnson

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Remington
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hello everyone
new member here. I currently am in the process of building my dream overland out of a 95 2 door Tahoe. Just put the new tires and wheels on yesterday and man is it a whole new look. My next addition will be a retractable awning most likely from ARB.
I am based of of AZ
Most of trips include my dog along with one of my good buddies and his own rig. Posted a comparison for all of you to see. Thank you and I look forward to being apart of this group.
B5C09457-A635-4A47-9E01-862700FEB664.jpeg

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Welcome and very nice looking rig you got started there!! I have a Titan I am starting a build on. All I have so far is air compressor, maxx tracks, and a few other small pieces. I come from backpacking so I have ground tents and such right now.
Thanks man! What part of Georgia are you, near Valdosta by chance?

Reactions: Lil Bear and Kent R

Tackleberry

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Michigan
First Name
Derrin
Last Name
Derrick
Member #

I have a number of friends who live in Muskegon. It's a pretty nice area and the State Park is nice.
Yes the State Park is nice as well as many of the county parks too. The beaches are really amazing. If you are ever this way visiting, give me a shout. It would be nice to meet some OB folks.

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

Tackleberry

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Michigan
First Name
Derrin
Last Name
Derrick
Member #

I used to vacation in Muskegon as a child. I remember sledding down the dunes on a saucer sled.
Yeah, the beaches and State Park are great; and not just in the summer time. There is a Winter Sports Complex here now that includes an ice-skating trail through the woods, sledding, x-country skiing, hockey rink, and ....wait for it..... a luge track!

Reactions: AZDIYGuy and Kent R

baacani

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Anaheim, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Bacani
Member #

Hey there, I’m Justin. I’m from Anaheim CA
A year ago my parents gave me their 1993 FJ80 LandCruiser. They’ve had it since 2001 and I grew up with it. I unfortunately was in an accident with it on the freeway (I’m 100% fine) We’re in the process of trying to fix it, but I just had to get another LandCruiser. I now currently have a 1988 FJ62 LandCruiser going through a 5speed swap. I never got to overland or even camp in my FJ80 so I have no experience in Overlanding. I can’t wait to have my FJ62 running so I can finally go camping.
2586D5D6-0EEA-4876-AA50-61E4098806E5.jpeg19AC2C00-18F2-4BB9-838E-FCB75255AB86.jpeg84ED37FC-3628-4AD8-928E-24F5EEF52D21.jpeg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

WiscoOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Panka
Member #

Hey I'm Brent. I currently call Madison, WI home. I own a 2016 Jeep Rubicon JKU. Originally was planing on building a rock crawler and trail riding but now turning my focus to overlanding. I've been camping, hunting, fishing, and spending times in the outdoors since I can remember. Looking forward to this new adventure.

Attachments

Freedom Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Harbor City, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Bochey
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Mike. I have some experience with off-roading and camping in BLM land and Forrest service routs. I used to have a 2002 Silverado I would camp in the back of, but recently my commuter car died, so I sold the truck (too big to be a daily driver) and bought a 2020 4runner. Taking it out on the trails for the first time next week in Big Sur with the dog and the fiancé!66E90707-5B70-44C8-A4DD-68E075912E87.jpeg880FDDB5-AFCF-4F63-814A-D478B62101CA.jpeg