First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi all,
I joined the overlandbound forum today after watching Michael’s YouTube channel.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series
Overlanding Experience Background: Still learning

Looking forward to building up my LC for slight off-roading and overlanding. Any suggestions in terms of suspensions and general build ideas are welcome.
Hi and welcome!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be online again for May 9th 1-2:30 TODAAAAY

US West - Tri-Valley/Bay Area Zoom Call Discussing Tips and Trips

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Contributor I

South Africa
First Name
Dene
Last Name
Collett
Good day all
Dene here from Johannesburg South Africa. Great to be here among legends! Although I owned a 1990 toyota hilux double cab 4x4 for 15 years, I never used it for anything other than a daily driver and tow vehicle.
But next week I take delivery of the 1992 land cruiser in the pic (note: bonnet open for cleaning, nothing else):-). I am planning to take it on a trip from Port Elizabeth all the way up through Namibia to the Angolan border. from there I will turn East to Rundu and than make my way back to Johannesburg via Botswana. All this by December this year If I can swing it.

Attachments

Contributor I

South Africa
First Name
Dene
Last Name
Collett
Hi and welcome!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be online again for May 9th 1-2:30 TODAAAAY

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
Hey Dave
Absolutely love your kitchen setup. The reason I joined this forum.
Going to attempt building one the same.
Greatdesign!

• Love
Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

TacomaZach23

Rank 0

Contributor I

Turlock, CA, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Nyquist
Hey All!
New to the overlanding community. Here's my new Tacoma long bed I plan to take on some adventures. I plan to keep it stock as long as possible, but from what I understand, it will be able to handle most overlanding trails without issue (just have to watch my breakover angle). Planning a trip to Utah next year with my wife and dad. Trails that come to mind are Long Canyon, Gemini Bridges, and Schafer Trail. How do you think she'll handle it?

20200430_193813.jpg

Overlandenthusiast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Hi and welcome!

Tri-Valley Meet Up
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
Thank you!
Just saw your message and missed today’s meetup. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it next month.

Reactions: Kent R

NorCal_WK2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Richards
Hello everyone,

Happy to join the community! I purchased a stock '18 Subaru Outback (base model, and I do mean BASE!) a few months back but am going to start setting it up for adventures with the family. I hear the best overland rig is the one you already have, so we are going to give it a go.

I don't have experience overlanding but certainly grew up backpacking and camping in the high sierras and looking to satisfy the itch to start wandering once again! Once the coronavirus lockdown ends we will probably starting planning trips to Tahoe and down the eastern Sierras, and eventually head to Arizona and Southern Utah.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning as much as I can.

Attachments

boogiedynamite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Klepeis
Member #

Hey y'all, I'm new to the Overland Bound forums. However I have been following you guys on Instagram for sometime now. I'm a Taco owner of 1 year now and have been an outdoorsman for most of my life. I'm thrilled to be able to overland now in additon to many backcountry excursions I like to go on throughout Western Kentucky.

I will be upgrading my 2016 Tacoma over the next year with affordable and efficient upgrades however I'm always looking for advice...
Right now my priorities are the following...
Tires (just recent acoomplished Firestone AT/2 will upgrade to BF Goodwrench KO2 in time)
Lift Kit/Suspension Upgrade
Navigation
Bedcover (been looking at Diamondback)
Bed Rack/Roof Rack for rooftop tent
Rooftop Tent will be using truck bed tent for the time being.

Thank you for accepting me and I look forward to learning and interacting with everyone!

tacoma.jpg

Overlandenthusiast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Good day all
Dene here from Johannesburg South Africa. Great to be here among legends! Although I owned a 1990 toyota hilux double cab 4x4 for 15 years, I never used it for anything other than a daily driver and tow vehicle.
But next week I take delivery of the 1992 land cruiser in the pic (note: bonnet open for cleaning, nothing else):-). I am planning to take it on a trip from Port Elizabeth all the way up through Namibia to the Angolan border. from there I will turn East to Rundu and than make my way back to Johannesburg via Botswana. All this by December this year If I can swing it.
Awesome vehicle!
All the best. Take lots of pictures and be safe.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave
Absolutely love your kitchen setup. The reason I joined this forum.
Going to attempt building one the same.
Greatdesign!
That’s awesome! Be sure to send a photo of what you build, glad it inspired you a little. I’ve gleaned a lot from others as well and it’s fun to create and take pride in solving a problem. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all, I'm new to the Overland Bound forums. However I have been following you guys on Instagram for sometime now. I'm a Taco owner of 1 year now and have been an outdoorsman for most of my life. I'm thrilled to be able to overland now in additon to many backcountry excursions I like to go on throughout Western Kentucky.

I will be upgrading my 2016 Tacoma over the next year with affordable and efficient upgrades however I'm always looking for advice...
Right now my priorities are the following...
Tires (just recent acoomplished Firestone AT/2 will upgrade to BF Goodwrench KO2 in time)
Lift Kit/Suspension Upgrade
Navigation
Bedcover (been looking at Diamondback)
Bed Rack/Roof Rack for rooftop tent
Rooftop Tent will be using truck bed tent for the time being.

Thank you for accepting me and I look forward to learning and interacting with everyone!

View attachment 153058
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: boogiedynamite

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

Happy to join the community! I purchased a stock '18 Subaru Outback (base model, and I do mean BASE!) a few months back but am going to start setting it up for adventures with the family. I hear the best overland rig is the one you already have, so we are going to give it a go.

I don't have experience overlanding but certainly grew up backpacking and camping in the high sierras and looking to satisfy the itch to start wandering once again! Once the coronavirus lockdown ends we will probably starting planning trips to Tahoe and down the eastern Sierras, and eventually head to Arizona and Southern Utah.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning as much as I can.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Local meet-ups you might be interested in.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All!
New to the overlanding community. Here's my new Tacoma long bed I plan to take on some adventures. I plan to keep it stock as long as possible, but from what I understand, it will be able to handle most overlanding trails without issue (just have to watch my breakover angle). Planning a trip to Utah next year with my wife and dad. Trails that come to mind are Long Canyon, Gemini Bridges, and Schafer Trail. How do you think she'll handle it?

View attachment 153039
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in.
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -Moved Online for April

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day all
Welcome to Overland Bound Dene.
Don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative @Get Out GO for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hi guys and girls, thanks for adding me to your forum, i am not currently in possession of an "overland vehicle"but that will change as soon as we get out of lock down, in the mean time i am looking forward to having a look on here and see what you are all up to, stay safe
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
rig: 2017 Nissan Rogue awd 2” lift Toyo at3
1998 Chevy Tahoe 4 door 4” lift 33 bfg km2 (look tiny) -starting to turn this into an overland rig
2017 runaway 4x8 soon to be axle flipped and solar powered
experience: somewhere between novice and experienced.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Jerry Quintana

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Quintana
Member #

Hello my name is Jerry my lady's name is Alison. We are located in Colorado Springs Colorado. We love the outdoors. We hike, mountain bike and off road. We are really wanting to get into more vehicle trips"Overland" as well as some bike packing and overnight hiking trips.
We have a 2010 FJ Cruiser and a 2011 Tacoma. Just purchased a gazelle tent based on the review from overland bound can't wait to get it delivered. Will be taking a road trip in June and plan on camping in several spots. Below is our old set-up. The yellow FJ now belongs to my son. I recently purchased a green FJ cruiser.
Getting into ham radio purchased a set-up was ready to get my license when the covid19 pandemic happened. Hopefully I can test soon.
Hope to see a few of you on the trail. Colorado FJ cruiser member.

Attachments

copper_strike

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Silver City, NM, USA
First Name
Emma
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0HCH
Hello All,

My name is Emma and I'm currently living in Southwest New Mexico. I drive a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x and I'm relatively new to overlanding. Since moving to New Mexico from the midwest I've been riding easy to moderate trails and recently took the Xterra on its first multi-day adventure along the Enchanted Rockies Trail. Looking forward to learning new tips and tricks and hopefully hitting the trails with some of you! 20200505_155913.jpg

wmontaney

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mission Valley, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Montaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WJL
Hello everyone.
Thank you for letting me join. I have been following along on Youtube for awhile and finally decided to join the group.
I own a 1978 International Scout II. I have owned it since 2005 have done a lot of modifications to it for off-roading and camping with my fellow Scout owners other other groups. I grew up off-roading and camping in the Arizona desert.
My wife and I live in San Diego in the Mission Valley/ Grantville area. I have done a few of the harder trails around SoCal and in Arizona, but now just ready to have more fun enjoying the adventure, views, the destination and the friendships more than seeing about trying to concur that black diamond.
I am looking forward to meeting those that are local and learning more about some of the nicer trails and fun multi-day adventures.
William
39056_1552878303365_4701215_n.jpg