Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Emma and I'm currently living in Southwest New Mexico. I drive a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x and I'm relatively new to overlanding. Since moving to New Mexico from the midwest I've been riding easy to moderate trails and recently took the Xterra on its first multi-day adventure along the Enchanted Rockies Trail. Looking forward to learning new tips and tricks and hopefully hitting the trails with some of you! View attachment 153158
Awesome picture!
Welcome, I am new here too.
I love New Mexico. Have visited twice in last two years. Plan to overland there soon.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.
Thank you for letting me join. I have been following along on Youtube for awhile and finally decided to join the group.
I own a 1978 International Scout II. I have owned it since 2005 have done a lot of modifications to it for off-roading and camping with my fellow Scout owners other other groups. I grew up off-roading and camping in the Arizona desert.
My wife and I live in San Diego in the Mission Valley/ Grantville area. I have done a few of the harder trails around SoCal and in Arizona, but now just ready to have more fun enjoying the adventure, views, the destination and the friendships more than seeing about trying to concur that black diamond.
I am looking forward to meeting those that are local and learning more about some of the nicer trails and fun multi-day adventures.
William
View attachment 153193
Welcome to Overland Bound William.
Nice rig! I have done a few trail miles in one of those rigs. ;-)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

My name is Emma and I'm currently living in Southwest New Mexico. I drive a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x and I'm relatively new to overlanding. Since moving to New Mexico from the midwest I've been riding easy to moderate trails and recently took the Xterra on its first multi-day adventure along the Enchanted Rockies Trail. Looking forward to learning new tips and tricks and hopefully hitting the trails with some of you! View attachment 153158
Welcome to Overland Bound Emma.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Reactions: copper_strike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Jerry my lady's name is Alison. We are located in Colorado Springs Colorado. We love the outdoors. We hike, mountain bike and off road. We are really wanting to get into more vehicle trips"Overland" as well as some bike packing and overnight hiking trips.
We have a 2010 FJ Cruiser and a 2011 Tacoma. Just purchased a gazelle tent based on the review from overland bound can't wait to get it delivered. Will be taking a road trip in June and plan on camping in several spots. Below is our old set-up. The yellow FJ now belongs to my son. I recently purchased a green FJ cruiser.
Getting into ham radio purchased a set-up was ready to get my license when the covid19 pandemic happened. Hopefully I can test soon.
Hope to see a few of you on the trail. Colorado FJ cruiser member.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jerry & Alison.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Hello All,

Welcome! Beautiful pic!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Emma (@copper_strike ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are also a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
Don't worry if you don't have an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater near you, many of us use the Echolink app.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello William (@wmontaney ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I also see you are a ham, here at OB we have a weekly Friday night Echolink net and would like to have you join us.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have a repeater nearby capable of connecting to those nodes that's ok, many of us use the Echolink app anyways.

Shan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

London, UK
First Name
Shan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Shan and my wife is Janet, and we are based on the southern edge of London. We have been into vehicle dependent travel for a few years but haven't been far enough afield to call ourselves experienced overlanders yet. I was due to take a 6-8 week sabbatical this year before the whole world fell to pieces which would have been the first chance for a "proper" trip, but we'll see how that pans out. So far the furthest we've been in the truck is Corsica (pictured left)

For about 7 years we have been running a 1997 ex-military Land Rover Defender 90 "Wolf" called Smiffy (those who grew up in the UK in the 70s/80s will get the joke) which is a fantastic piece of kit, massively stronger than a standard civilian one. Recently we invested in a 2009 Defender 110 called Bilbo which we have had professionally converted with an Alucab roof and fully fitted out interior, to which I managed to get the finishing touches done just in time to go into lockdown, but we still can't bring ourselves to sell Smiffy which will go back to military spec over time.

Looking forward to meeting up with the Europe members (and eventually many more) when the madness passes!!
IMG_1399.jpegIMG_1566.jpeg

Overlandenthusiast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Shan and my wife is Janet, and we are based on the southern edge of London. We have been into vehicle dependent travel for a few years but haven't been far enough afield to call ourselves experienced overlanders yet. I was due to take a 6-8 week sabbatical this year before the whole world fell to pieces which would have been the first chance for a "proper" trip, but we'll see how that pans out. So far the furthest we've been in the truck is Corsica (pictured left)

For about 7 years we have been running a 1997 ex-military Land Rover Defender 90 "Wolf" called Smiffy (those who grew up in the UK in the 70s/80s will get the joke) which is a fantastic piece of kit, massively stronger than a standard civilian one. Recently we invested in a 2009 Defender 110 called Bilbo which we have had professionally converted with an Alucab roof and fully fitted out interior, to which I managed to get the finishing touches done just in time to go into lockdown, but we still can't bring ourselves to sell Smiffy which will go back to military spec over time.

Looking forward to meeting up with the Europe members (and eventually many more) when the madness passes!!
View attachment 153341View attachment 153340
Beautiful vehicles!
Can‘t to hear more about your adventures. Be safe out there.

Yazzieyaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Goodyear, AZ, USA
First Name
Ames
Last Name
Yazzie
Member #

It took me moving to Missouri to realize I actually do enjoy the outdoors. Started my venture in truck camping with my 2006 F150 supercrew. Then down sized to a nissan altima. And with the downsize no longer had room for storage or off road capabilities. Picked up a nissan murano and now with a gazelle T4 tent and my camping gear, my murano gets me to places just off the beaten path. If I would describe it, I'd say I am more of a soft roader than off roader. But glad to be a part of the overlanding community.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Amez (@Yazzieyaz), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When things get back to normal keep an eye out for the East Valley meet up in Gilbert.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@M70Hornet
Hello John, welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Saw you post in the Taco Truck Tuesday meet up thread but hadn't seen an introduction from you yet so I thought I would tag you here.

You are in the Southwest Region. Though you were already aware of that.
Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is also an area member rep based up in Tulsa.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Traveler III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Hey everyone, I'm a student living on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I'm pretty new to overlanding, I've been on two trips so far to VA and am looking forward to exploring more as time (and money) allows. I have a bone-stock 2000 GMC Yukon Denali that I am learning how to wrench on and am planning an overland build around. I'm looking forward to learning on Overland Bound!
View attachment 152980
Welcome to the club and as stated, I am probably your closest rep...you have some beach and sand to play on there on the shore, I am still getting to know the DC/MD/VA area in terms of overlanding but will be hosting some meetups as soon as the states start opening up again.

wmontaney

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mission Valley, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Montaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WJL
Welcome to Overland Bound William.
Nice rig! I have done a few trail miles in one of those rigs. ;-)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Thank you very much,
Is NorCal the closet for meeting up and my Member Representative?
Being that i am in San Diego I would assume that there would be meetups down here and closer representatives. But never assume. :wink:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
It took me moving to Missouri to realize I actually do enjoy the outdoors. Started my venture in truck camping with my 2006 F150 supercrew. Then down sized to a nissan altima. And with the downsize no longer had room for storage or off road capabilities. Picked up a nissan murano and now with a gazelle T4 tent and my camping gear, my murano gets me to places just off the beaten path. If I would describe it, I'd say I am more of a soft roader than off roader. But glad to be a part of the overlanding community.
Hello Ames, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,

View attachment 153341View attachment 153340
Hello Shan and Janet, welcome to the OB community. I really like both of your vehicles.

Reactions: Shan and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
hi guys and girls, thanks for adding me to your forum, i am not currently in possession of an "overland vehicle"but that will change as soon as we get out of lock down, in the mean time i am looking forward to having a look on here and see what you are all up to, stay safe
Hello Leigh, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone.
Thank you for letting me join. I have been following along on Youtube for awhile and finally decided to join the group.
I own a 1978 International Scout II. I have owned it since 2005 have done a lot of modifications to it for off-roading and camping with my fellow Scout owners other other groups. I grew up off-roading and camping in the Arizona desert.
My wife and I live in San Diego in the Mission Valley/ Grantville area. I have done a few of the harder trails around SoCal and in Arizona, but now just ready to have more fun enjoying the adventure, views, the destination and the friendships more than seeing about trying to concur that black diamond.
I am looking forward to meeting those that are local and learning more about some of the nicer trails and fun multi-day adventures.
William
View attachment 153193
Hello William, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,

Hello Emma, welcome to the OB community. Nice picture.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello my name is Jerry my lady's name is Alison. We are located in Colorado Springs Colorado. We love the outdoors. We hike, mountain bike and off road. We are really wanting to get into more vehicle trips"Overland" as well as some bike packing and overnight hiking trips.
We have a 2010 FJ Cruiser and a 2011 Tacoma. Just purchased a gazelle tent based on the review from overland bound can't wait to get it delivered. Will be taking a road trip in June and plan on camping in several spots. Below is our old set-up. The yellow FJ now belongs to my son. I recently purchased a green FJ cruiser.
Getting into ham radio purchased a set-up was ready to get my license when the covid19 pandemic happened. Hopefully I can test soon.
Hope to see a few of you on the trail. Colorado FJ cruiser member.
Hello Jerry and Alison, welcome to the OB community.