First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
Hello everyone!
Name is Dragan and I am a Canadian recently transplanted to Missouri.
I just joined the community after years of watching YT and blogs of a few members here.
I am a long time member of some other adventure forums and am super excited to join and support the community here as well.
Life-long learner, mistake maker, camper, outdoors lover, backroads explorer, gear head and soon to be a new HAM (damn you COVID!)

I try to do a lot with a little.. usually.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, new to the forum but not the life style. In 2018 I crossed Canada on my touring bicycle in 62 days, west to east. An experience I will never forget.

My name's Dan, really happy to join the family on OB. Been watching YT and various members YT channels almost obsessively since Covid began effecting our lively hood.

I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon last month and have started my build, mostly wish list items.

Looking forward to endless hours of reading and learning from you all. Hope to one day soon be able to travel south and do some Oregon and Californian expeditions.

Cheers,
Dan
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB community. I hope you are able to "soon" do some expeditions down here in Oregon, and, California. I live in Southern Oregon and just love all the beautiful places to explore in.

Stefan D Austrian

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

NORCAL/BAY AREA
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
S
Member #

I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.
Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD ORP
Experience: Lots of outdoor experience, but not with a vehicle.
Why Overlanding ? To get away. Simply love being outside , explore and take pictures. No better family time than time spent outside.10B9C894-FCEF-4B31-B77F-5B1F5CD6EBB3.jpeg

Contributor I

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lauber
Member #

Hey everyone!
I never posted here, so I guess it's past time.

Rig: 2016 JKU
Experience: I've been Overlanding since I was a kid, back then we called it camping, of course we were also in a 1987 Ford Mustang Hatchback.
Why Overlanding ?There is no better time spent than outside, enjoying the planet we all inhabit.
IMG_2317.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, new to the forum but not the life style. In 2018 I crossed Canada on my touring bicycle in 62 days, west to east. An experience I will never forget.

My name's Dan, really happy to join the family on OB. Been watching YT and various members YT channels almost obsessively since Covid began effecting our lively hood.

I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon last month and have started my build, mostly wish list items.

Looking forward to endless hours of reading and learning from you all. Hope to one day soon be able to travel south and do some Oregon and Californian expeditions.

Cheers,
Dan
Welcome Dan to Overlanding,
I am glad to see that @Michael YouTube videos are keeping you entertained during this pandemic.

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. Currently due to the “Social Distancing” orders through out the world, we in the Northwest Member Representative Team have come up with the Sunday Night Northwest Conference Call to help break up the day to day routines, help inform and inspire members, and a way to check in on our Overland Bound Neighbors.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

ww4rnr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WW4RNR
Hi everyone!

My name is Jake and I'm a new member from the DFW area of Texas, specifically the city I live in is Lewisville. I'm pretty new to off road and overland, but I'm learning fast and eager to advance my knowledge and abilities. I just started building out my rig around November 2019, but have made lot of progress so far.

I drive a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a 3 inch Bilstein/OME lift and 285s. Got it set up with dual battery, ham/gmrs radio, storage drawers and slides in the cargo area, snorkel, winch, bumper, and some other armor. I recently added a full Victory roof rack and a Smittybilt Overlander XL RTT. I've done all the work except for installing tires myself and thoroughly enjoy working on my car, which is a really new thing for me since I never did my own auto work in the past.

I just went on a family trip to Big Bend and we did 5 nights of primitive camping and we all had blast. It was my wife and 6 year old daughter with me, and we all learned a lot about camping, overlanding, and the outdoors. I think they'll be happy to go on more trips once all this virus lock down is over.

After this past trip, I decided I want to invest in a trailer so that I can set up a base camp and take the car places without having to break everything down and pack up. I'm looking at options right now, but don't want to spend a ton on it.

I'm happy to join the Overland Bound community as a new member and look forward to learning a lot from everyone here and hopefully getting to meet with some of you and go on some trips in the near future!

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Robert here from Central California. Just joined Overland Bound last week and can't wait to absorb the knowledge from everyone on here. I've done some trail rides with friends but I am new to this Overland life. My plans were to start taking my kids out during spring break this year but then the Rona hit. This led me to spending my time watching Youtube videos while i work from home which is how i came across Overland Bound. So until this passes we'll be spending our time inside planning our first family adventure.

My current rig is 2015 Subaru Crosstrek 5spd MT
Mod List:
2 inch front 2.25 in rear Anderson Design Fab spacer lift
1.5 in Eibach lift springs
Black Rhino Rumble wheels 15x7
BFG KO2s 235/75
Lights on Lights as u can see...Lol

View attachment 147103View attachment 147104
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @PapaDave. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone!

My name is Jake and I'm a new member from the DFW area of Texas, specifically the city I live in is Lewisville. I'm pretty new to off road and overland, but I'm learning fast and eager to advance my knowledge and abilities. I just started building out my rig around November 2019, but have made lot of progress so far.

I drive a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a 3 inch Bilstein/OME lift and 285s. Got it set up with dual battery, ham/gmrs radio, storage drawers and slides in the cargo area, snorkel, winch, bumper, and some other armor. I recently added a full Victory roof rack and a Smittybilt Overlander XL RTT. I've done all the work except for installing tires myself and thoroughly enjoy working on my car, which is a really new thing for me since I never did my own auto work in the past.

I just went on a family trip to Big Bend and we did 5 nights of primitive camping and we all had blast. It was my wife and 6 year old daughter with me, and we all learned a lot about camping, overlanding, and the outdoors. I think they'll be happy to go on more trips once all this virus lock down is over.

After this past trip, I decided I want to invest in a trailer so that I can set up a base camp and take the car places without having to break everything down and pack up. I'm looking at options right now, but don't want to spend a ton on it.

I'm happy to join the Overland Bound community as a new member and look forward to learning a lot from everyone here and hopefully getting to meet with some of you and go on some trips in the near future!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: ww4rnr and Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey ya’ll! Mine name is AJ and I’m from the Northern SD County area and can’t wait to explore all the stuff Overland Bound has to offer! I’ve grown up around Toyota & Jeep offroad/overlanding in the Anza-Borrego area, even had a 1st gen Tacoma 5spd on 33’s in high school. My rig now is a 2020 Subaru Crosstrek 6MT that I just picked up about 2 weeks ago.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez who based out of southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy everyone, I'm David, currently located in Denver but prone to moving around for work (haven't lived in one place for more than a year in a few, the downside of contract work :/).

I've got a 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 that I'm still breaking in, no pictures as of yet but I'll try to get some soon! So far I'm just having fun getting my basic car camping rig set up with a few extras for fun like skids and a CB. I've never done any trail driving, but I'm a hiker and a scrambler and I'm most excited about being able to access more remote spots to camp. I have some friends back home in the PNW that will hopefully drag me on some rougher stuff, but for now the plan is to explore some forest service roads and see what adventures I find.

I'm obviously a total novice to vehicle specific adventuring but not to the outdoors, so while I'm a little anxious about this new potential hobby I think that once I can get up the nerve to get out there I'll have a ball! Always happy to take tips and advice. :)

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello there! Gabriel here. I have been reading the forums and watching the OB videos for a while, but I just got my member number today. I also got my 4x4 vehicle about 10 days ago or so. I love speed and for >20 years I drove sports cars and even race cars on racetracks. I am now changing all that for the great outdoors, and dirt trails in the middle of nowhere. I promise I will drive slower now... Porsche, if you are reading this, don't worry, I still love you. :)

View attachment 147120

Rig: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition. Stock. I'd like to build some sort of sleeping platform inside.
Overlanding Experience Background: None whatsoever! In fact, if we organize training sessions with the folks here I'd love to join.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez who based out of southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone. My name is Jamey and I am from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I drive a 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport. Haven't built it much yet, but added a Rubicon suspension along with a 1/2" spacer set and 285/75RR17 tires to the stock rims. I run a soft top, so no rooftop tent for me, but I am close to picking up an Aliner camper. I've got 2 kids (boy 15, and girl 13), a wonderful wife, and we just got our first dog, a black lab named Violet who is a career-changed leader dog. We're looking forward to getting out and about when this pandemic passes. Glad to be a new member (#3002), and ready to dig into all the forum and the organization have to offer.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings!
My name is Russ and I live in Abilene, Texas. I drive a 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman RWD. I am an overland virgin, I have yet to embark on my first adventure. I am currently researching the heck out this whole overlanding thing. I'm a total sponge for information. I feel a strong pull towards it. Eventually I would love for it to be a full time gig.
Happy trails,
Russ

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My name is Evan. I’m new here! I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU in January and looking to use it for more than just driving to work. I’m from Southeast Louisiana in Houma, LA. I have been mud riding and riding through the mountains a bit, but that is about it for riding experience. Looking forward to getting to know more people and seeing what is out there!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone!
I never posted here, so I guess it's past time.

Rig: 2016 JKU
Experience: I've been Overlanding since I was a kid, back then we called it camping, of course we were also in a 1987 Ford Mustang Hatchback.
Why Overlanding ?There is no better time spent than outside, enjoying the planet we all inhabit.
View attachment 147257

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.
Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD ORP
Experience: Lots of outdoor experience, but not with a vehicle.
Why Overlanding ? To get away. Simply love being outside , explore and take pictures. No better family time than time spent outside.View attachment 147256
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can @PapaDave who is based out of Livermore. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Mike

Mud Wasp

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

Waddell, AZ, USA
First Name
STEVEN
Last Name
BOLES
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
3789~2.jpegNew in April 2019
20200111_144812.jpgWhat it looks like today
Southwest USA
2019 Wrangler JL 2 inch Mopar lift, Nitto 35, G2 spacers, DV8 Bumpers, Fenders, inner fenders, rock slides, rocker panel protection, Rhino rack Back Bone with pioneer platform. Rear cargo shelf from Texas Metal works. Weather tech floor liners and cargo mat. Midland radio. JL RAM dash mount.
Overlanding Experience Background never done it .
Tons of outdoor experience from Scouting to 27 years in the Coast Guard and 12 years with the BNSF railway. 4 wheeling since 1982 with a Dodge power wagon on the back roads of Washington State. Jeep, Quads, and Trucks in Kodiak, AK

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!
Name is Dragan and I am a Canadian recently transplanted to Missouri.
I just joined the community after years of watching YT and blogs of a few members here.
I am a long time member of some other adventure forums and am super excited to join and support the community here as well.
Life-long learner, mistake maker, camper, outdoors lover, backroads explorer, gear head and soon to be a new HAM (damn you COVID!)

I try to do a lot with a little.. usually.

Reactions: MPLMNT and Kent R