Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New member from Arkansas. Been camping since I can remember. I've had this old Cherokee for a couple years now. Been exploring a few times in it. Now I just want to put the two together. Found out about this community from the youtube channel.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all! My names Nick, I'm from Folsom, CA. I'm pretty active in some land cruiser specific communities, however I though now would be a good time to drop in since I bought the membership and my rig is close to being done.

I might start a new build thread on here, however I already have one on mud. My rig is a 96' FZJ80 with lockers. I picked it up out of Arizona 8 months ago from the second owner with 158K miles on it. Ill drop a pic from when I purchase the rig about 8 months ago and how it sits now waiting for the suspension to be installed. It's going be a modified slee 4" lift with King Shocks, Delta Drop Bracket, BDA Brakes, ETC. Currently waiting on a set of King Bumps, then I can finish her up.View attachment 141255View attachment 141261
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R said I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact @Narbob who is our Regional Director, if you feel the need.

Make sure and browse through the New Member threads for some good information and it will also help you navigate the OB website. Keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for local meetups, trail runs and trainings. From your location there are several local monthly meetups available to you. There is Gold Country Overland, in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland, in Cameron Park and the Elk Grove meetup. Refer to Rally Points and the member calendar for further information.

I look forward to seeing you out there on the trail.

P.S. I love that FJZ80... Someday, Someday :---)

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey there, I'm Dave, and I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member.

View attachment 141297 View attachment 141298 View attachment 141299

Rig: 2010 Volvo XC60 (I know, not really a traditional 'overland rig' but it works as my daily driver and still gets me on some outdoor adventures)
Experience: Total newbie, but eager to learn and get connected with the community. I did a solo trip through 8 states and 7 National Parks last summer, and think I'm hooked on this whole vehicle-based adventure thing! I look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe meeting up on a trip sometime. Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R said I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact @Narbob who is our Regional Director, if you feel the need.

Make sure and browse through the New Member threads for some good information and it will also help you navigate the OB website. Keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for local meetups, trail runs and trainings. From your location there is a large monthly meetup available to you. The Tai-Valley meetup. Refer to Rally Points and the member calendar for further information, or you can contact @PapaDave.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @PapaDave said I am your closest U.S. West member representative. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact @Narbob who is our Regional Director, if you feel the need.

Make sure and browse through the New Member threads for some good information and it will also help you navigate the OB website. Keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for local meetups, trail runs and trainings. From your location there are several local monthly meetups available to you. There is Gold Country Overland, in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland, in Cameron Park and the Elk Grove meetup. Refer to Rally Points and the member calendar for further information.

Mike

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi everyone!
I'm from Valley City, Ohio.
I drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
I have ZERO overlanding experience but I plan to change that this year. I just bought my 4Runner this past October (2019). I'm open to any and all advice, suggestions or questions. I'm going to need A LOT of help from this community to make my overland dreams come true!
View attachment 141641
Nice 3rd Gen!
Welcome!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello All
Name: John T.
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: I’m a noob to the overlanding world but my mantra is function over fashion so I plan to build in minimalist manner.
Welcome John, Currently you are in the Overland Bound US Northwest Region. I am your Regional Director. Your member representatives Are @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) @Munga Brown (Washington) @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho).

when you get back to California, your Regional Director is @Narbob. He can get you in touch with member reps from San Diego

You will find lots of information for building out your truck. As a Novice I typically give the advice of use what you bring for a year before you even start thinking of Mods and kitting our. Get the bare bones essentials... Tow straps, off road jack of some kind (enough threads on hi-lift vs other types to keep you entertained for months), an ax, a shovel, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tent, stove, a cooler, a note book, and some kind of navigation system and coms system. .. get what you can afford as you can afford it. Take your kit out and USE it for one year. Take notes in your note book of things you are lacking in what you like to do. Only buy those things that are lacking if it truly is hindering you from getting out and exploring. After one year prioritize your list into what is an absolute must for the rig, for survival, and for comfort. Then start accumulating your kit from there.

Member meetups is a great place to meet up with other experienced members to go on a campout, trail ride, or just have a burger to talk about Overlanding.
Overland By Region is where you can find information about local groups, discussions about trails and camp spots throughout the region, news pertaining to the regions, and lots more helpful information as well.
Member Maps shows what members are close to you, trusted mechanics, water, camping locations, and is in general a very good recourse for planning trips.
Rally Point is where MeetUps are created, Meetup discussions take place, and where the calendar events are modified. If you find a Meetup you want to attend, please use the RSVP feature as it helps coordinate the original maker of the event to have enough supplies for everyone. Some trips have a group maximum number of participants because the location can’t hold more than “X” amount of rigs.

2020 List of Events, is a great place to check out the year at a glance. It’s updated weekly, last updated on February 21st.
Mike Rose
NW Regional Director

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
2010 Toyota Tacoma SR5
2000 Jeep Wrangler sport

Central IDAHOView attachment 141690
Welcome Curt,
You are in the Overland Bound Northwest Region. I am your Regional Director. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest member representative. @Gabriel Bozeman is the Washington member representative and @Munga Brown is the Oregon Member Representative. We are all here to help you in any way we can.

Member meetups is a great place to meet up with other experienced members to go on a campout, trail ride, or just have a burger to talk about Overlanding.
Overland By Region is where you can find information about local groups, discussions about trails and camp spots throughout the region, news pertaining to the regions, and lots more helpful information as well.
Member Maps shows what members are close to you, trusted mechanics, water, camping locations, and is in general a very good recourse for planning trips.
Rally Point is where MeetUps are created, Meetup discussions take place, and where the calendar events are modified. If you find a Meetup you want to attend, please use the RSVP feature as it helps coordinate the original maker of the event to have enough supplies for everyone. Some trips have a group maximum number of participants because the location can’t hold more than “X” amount of rigs.

2020 List of Events, is a great place to check out the year at a glance. It’s updated weekly, last updated on February 21st.

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 141688Hello everyone, new member out of San Diego because navy, but a central California native. Me, my wife, and my dog love exploring all SoCal has to offer in my 2018 silverado, hope to meet so overland folks out here since I’m pretty new to the scene
Hey Isaiah welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All
Name: John T.
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: I’m a noob to the overlanding world but my mantra is function over fashion so I plan to build in minimalist manner.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

ChaosFocused

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

North Dakota
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rains
Member #

Hello All!
Jason here joining the ranks of outside life! Can't wait to go more places and see great things, like.. Mountains again, Gandalf, Mountains!
North Dakota... yes its chilly.
2018 JLUR
Not much experience, had some this past year in CO with family! Loved it and looking forward to more!

2019-09-04 20-13-03.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!
Jason here joining the ranks of outside life! Can't wait to go more places and see great things, like.. Mountains again, Gandalf, Mountains!
North Dakota... yes its chilly.
2018 JLUR
Not much experience, had some this past year in CO with family! Loved it and looking forward to more!

View attachment 141717
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone - I'm Bruce
Vehicle - 2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Complete Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound Bruce.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
2010 Toyota Tacoma SR5
2000 Jeep Wrangler sport

Central IDAHOView attachment 141690

Don’t hesitate to message your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon, if you have any questions. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Munga Brown OR Coast.
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 141688Hello everyone, new member out of San Diego because navy, but a central California native. Me, my wife, and my dog love exploring all SoCal has to offer in my 2018 silverado, hope to meet so overland folks out here since I’m pretty new to the scene
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®