Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hey guys and gals! My name is Sean and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Originally from back in Ohio, but I've lived all over the country. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and love to take it out on the trail. I typically like to find forest service roads, backcountry spots to pop the tent up.

Glad to be a part of the team! Hope to see some of you on adventures sometime!View attachment 141197
Nice rig Sean! Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Kent R

eliastelias

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stockholm, Sverige
First Name
Elias
Last Name
Douah
Hello!

I'm Elias from Stockholm, Sweden.
I'm here as a part of a thing me and friend are doing, namely preparing for the 2022 Budapest Bamako Rally. We're more or less just waiting for it to be open for application.

I could start with filing in the 4 asked about items:
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - Please! You wouldn't want to see that anyways ;) Maybe later!
2) Location (General area is fine) - Stockholm, Sweden
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - Nothing as of right now. Kind of the reason I'm here.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - None apart for driving 24 meter supply/workshop trucks (truck and trailer) in the Swedish forest in the military som 15 years ago. =)

One fun anecdote on #4 above is from when me and my partner had to turn a truck (without the trailer) around 180 degrees on a single track mud road using the winch and 2 hours of grit. Good times, good times...

On #3 I could only hope to get wiser.For the moment we're considering using an LC 80 or 105. But we'realso thinking of a pick-up such as Hilux och D-max or what have you. They're usually conciderably cheap to buy. Hope for some input from the forum on this one.

Thanks for having me us!!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.
Welcome to the OB community Quinn. Great to have you on board.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello!

I'm here as a part of a thing me and friend are doing, namely preparing for the 2022 Budapest Bamako Rally. We're more or less just waiting for it to be open for application.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - Please! You wouldn't want to see that anyways ;) Maybe later!
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - Nothing as of right now. Kind of the reason I'm here.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - None apart for driving 24 meter supply/workshop trucks (truck and trailer) in the Swedish forest in the military som 15 years ago. =)

One fun anecdote on #4 above is from when me and my partner had to turn a truck (without the trailer) around 180 degrees on a single track mud road using the winch and 2 hours of grit. Good times, good times...

On #3 I could only hope to get wiser.For the moment we're considering using an LC 80 or 105. But we'realso thinking of a pick-up such as Hilux och D-max or what have you. They're usually conciderably cheap to buy. Hope for some input from the forum on this one.

Welcome Elias.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to overlanding, but not unfamiliar to offroading in general. I live in Washington state, near the town of Wenatchee. I'm only ever about five minutes from a labryinth of service roads in the okanaogan-wenatchee national forest. I spent a lot of time on these roads (and off them) in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma back in high school after getting my lisence. I progressively built this truck to better handle my driving antics until I sold it a few years later. I recall actually driving past the Northwest overland rally at one point, not having any idea what it was, and thinking it was silly that they were leading off-road tours in what I considered to be my backyard!
That was about five years ago, and I currently have a 1986 4runner. Less practical- yes, but also cooler! I've just finished up a 1uz swap and I'm building it up with parts that will either never break, or will be easily sourced and replacable wherever I am.
Im currently in nursing school so time is limited, but this career will allow me to travel a fair amount - and give me the resources to build my vehicle! View attachment 141046View attachment 141047View attachment 141048View attachment 141049
Welcome Angelo.

megaoverlandsportsman

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas, USA
First Name
justin
Last Name
isbell
Member #

Hey all deleted the old introduction starting over changed routes and vehicles new to over landing been dreaming about it for over a year and think I bought the perfect rig the other day ditching the 2500 cummins build for a 2012 JK Rubicon with 35000 original miles with some extras already installed saving me some $$$$$ happy to be here ready to start my adventures with my family and friends we make out there on the trail. HAPPY OVERLANDING. 20200218_174124.jpg20200218_174132.jpg

GOTLOCKED96

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Folsom, CA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Hi all! My names Nick, I'm from Folsom, CA. I'm pretty active in some land cruiser specific communities, however I though now would be a good time to drop in since I bought the membership and my rig is close to being done.

I might start a new build thread on here, however I already have one on mud. My rig is a 96' FZJ80 with lockers. I picked it up out of Arizona 8 months ago from the second owner with 158K miles on it. Ill drop a pic from when I purchase the rig about 8 months ago and how it sits now waiting for the suspension to be installed. It's going be a modified slee 4" lift with King Shocks, Delta Drop Bracket, BDA Brakes, ETC. Currently waiting on a set of King Bumps, then I can finish her up.LCBuild1.jpgFOH.jpeg

Last edited:

Will_Garippo

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chicago, IL
First Name
Will
Last Name
Garippo
Hi all!

I recently got an 02 Land Cruiser, and in the process of scouring the internet on overlanding, I've landed here.

I'm a photographer studying cinematography in Chicago, and I've been driving out in all directions to camp and hike for a few years now, but boy am I excited to take this new rig out for some real fun. I've always felt like I was missing out on the more rugged and adventurous trips I could have been taking. At the very least not having to stick to the pavement. Now I see what I've been missing!

I can't wait to head out somewhere once I have a few days off to just drive! I look forward to being a part of this very cool community and learning more about Overlanding.

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all!

I recently got an FJ100, and in the process of scouring the internet on all things overlanding, I've landed myself here.

I'm a photographer studying cinematography in Chicago, and I've been driving out in all directions to camp and hike for a few years now, but boy am I excited to take this new rig out for some real fun! I've always felt like I was missing out on the more rugged and adventurous trips I could have been taking. At the very least not having to stick to the pavement. Now I see what I've been missing!

I can't wait to head out somewhere once I have a few days off to just drive! I look forward to being a part of this very cool community and learning all about Overlanding.
Welcome to the OB community Will.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey all deleted the old introduction starting over changed routes and vehicles new to over landing been dreaming about it for over a year and think I bought the perfect rig the other day ditching the 2500 cummins build for a 2012 JK Rubicon with 35000 original miles with some extras already installed saving me some $$$$$ happy to be here ready to start my adventures with my family and friends we make out there on the trail. HAPPY OVERLANDING. View attachment 141247View attachment 141248
Welcome from Oklahoma it’s hard to go wrong with a JKU rubi.

360Rambler

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Brinda
Member #

Hey there, I'm Dave, and I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member.

rig_00.jpg rig_01.jpg rig_02.jpg

Rig: 2010 Volvo XC60 (I know, not really a traditional 'overland rig' but it works as my daily driver and still gets me on some outdoor adventures)
Experience: Total newbie, but eager to learn and get connected with the community. I did a solo trip through 8 states and 7 National Parks last summer, and think I'm hooked on this whole vehicle-based adventure thing! I look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe meeting up on a trip sometime. Cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there, I'm Dave, and I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member.

View attachment 141297 View attachment 141298 View attachment 141299

Rig: 2010 Volvo XC60 (I know, not really a traditional 'overland rig' but it works as my daily driver and still gets me on some outdoor adventures)
Experience: Total newbie, but eager to learn and get connected with the community. I did a solo trip through 8 states and 7 National Parks last summer, and think I'm hooked on this whole vehicle-based adventure thing! I look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe meeting up on a trip sometime. Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

You have a very active local meet-up close to you @PapaDave is the contact.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
West US - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: 360Rambler

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! My names Nick, I'm from Folsom, CA. I'm pretty active in some land cruiser specific communities, however I though now would be a good time to drop in since I bought the membership and my rig is close to being done.

I might start a new build thread on here, however I already have one on mud. My rig is a 96' FZJ80 with lockers. I picked it up out of Arizona 8 months ago from the second owner with 158K miles on it. Ill drop a pic from when I purchase the rig about 8 months ago and how it sits now waiting for the suspension to be installed. It's going be a modified slee 4" lift with King Shocks, Delta Drop Bracket, BDA Brakes, ETC. Currently waiting on a set of King Bumps, then I can finish her up.View attachment 141255View attachment 141261
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA @Kent R
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA @Magic Mike
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup
Elk Grove, CA @Otter155
West US - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: KA7USA

CHAURY08

Rank 0

Contributor II

EVANSVILLE, IN
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Haury
Member #

I'm Corey, been a member for a little while but lurked more than posted. I am trying to become a little more active in the forums.

Location - Evansville, IN
Rig - 2017 Tacoma OR
Experience - Novice -New to Overland, I used to go backpacking around 20 years ago.

I am starting to film and share my adventures on Youtube if you would like to check them out. Still a work in progress
View attachment 141334View attachment 141335View attachment 141336

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: Terran Mace

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) View attachment 141204
2) Central Texas
3) 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Veteran Field Experience with limited Overlanding experience
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Terran Mace