Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks Mike...I'm interested in the WBDAR to the NW Overland Rally. Is that a mandatory 4wd situation?

Cheers, Tyler
I’m not sure, I have never traveled it. Looking at posts from other members it doesn’t seam like 4x4 would be required. High ground clearance is though.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to join. My name is Rich and I currently live in Henderson, Nevada. Looking forward to the chance to share the outdoors with you all.

I'm new to the overlanding scene, and currently drive a 2020 4runner ORP.
Hi Rich, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Group,

Jeremy and my Wife Melissa in the pic from lackluster Indiana. Started as a backpacker, fell in love with the West and Colorado early. Been into offroad rigs for a while and have always stuck to my ground on expedition ready. Even though my 5.9 Grand Cherokee is road worthy, its turned into a pretty harcdore rig. I "have" driven it cross country, all through Colorado, crossed the divide a few times in it and back to Indiana but the comforts (as I age) and peace of mind for longer travel weren't quite there. I still have it and its taught me quite a bit on technical and recovery but the wife and I began looking into setting up my other rig for longer distance overland stuff. We love getting away from crowds and dig a good water feature.

Travel rig: 2014 Tundra Platinum, Bed Cap, Frontrunner rack stuff, Batwing, Tepui Autana 3 Rug, cargo slides etc.

View attachment 138853
The other one

View attachment 138855

Headed west from Indiana to Sedona in a few months and need to start a plan. Driving the rig out to meet the wife and spend the next week getting lost. Any suggestions would be great.
Welcome Jeremy and Melissa.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I live in Palmdale, CA. I just bought a 2019 Tundra so that I can get back into enjoying nature again. My experience in the Great outdoors is a bit of a mixed one. I am a trained tracker for the Sheriff's Department and did that for five years before stopping, I own a 1982 FJ40 that I have owned since 1984 and would drive it on any dirt road or trail that I would find just to see where it would take me and I used to do a lot of surfing, backpacking and fly fishing. It has been way too long now since I did any of those things and the hill’s are calling me back and I must go. So let’s get together and do some exploring, fly fishing, camping and enjoying nature as best we can. I look forward to meeting you and the adventures to come. Thanks, Brian
Welcome to the OB community Brian.

Yep

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

NH
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bill
Good-Day all, NH and deep South locations. Stoked to be part of, living the dream group of adventurers. I hope to meet up with the lot, of like traveler's down the road. Typically kicking around in a Ford E350 UJOINT build or similar buggy I built out prior to being hooked by the out a bounds bug. Cheers!! GB

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good-Day all, NH and deep South locations. Stoked to be part of, living the dream group of adventurers. I hope to meet up with the lot, of like traveler's down the road. Typically kicking around in a Ford E350 UJOINT build or similar buggy I built out prior to being hooked by the out a bounds bug. Cheers!! GB
Welcome Gary, got any pics of that buggy! I like the van... I used to drive a 79 ford conversion van

TommyTaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
thomas
Last Name
g
Hey TommyTaco

I head up the Tri-Valley meet up that is happening this coming Sunday 1-3pm in Plesasanton CA. We have about a trip a month and just came back from Big Sur last weekend. Check out the link below and come if you can!

The Big Sur trip looked awesome! My cousin Danny in the black wrangler loved it. Thanks for the reply.
Trying to decide about the Lost Coast trip coming up.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Welcome!!! Very cool van.

Reactions: Yep and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director in the East is @Nomadik Nova and in the South its @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Group,

Jeremy and my Wife Melissa in the pic from lackluster Indiana. Started as a backpacker, fell in love with the West and Colorado early. Been into offroad rigs for a while and have always stuck to my ground on expedition ready. Even though my 5.9 Grand Cherokee is road worthy, its turned into a pretty harcdore rig. I "have" driven it cross country, all through Colorado, crossed the divide a few times in it and back to Indiana but the comforts (as I age) and peace of mind for longer travel weren't quite there. I still have it and its taught me quite a bit on technical and recovery but the wife and I began looking into setting up my other rig for longer distance overland stuff. We love getting away from crowds and dig a good water feature.

Travel rig: 2014 Tundra Platinum, Bed Cap, Frontrunner rack stuff, Batwing, Tepui Autana 3 Rug, cargo slides etc.

View attachment 138853
The other one

View attachment 138855

Headed west from Indiana to Sedona in a few months and need to start a plan. Driving the rig out to meet the wife and spend the next week getting lost. Any suggestions would be great.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

The Regional Director in the Southwest is @brien. He might be able to help you on the trip to Sedona.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. Bill here in NC. I am a long time off-roader new to the group. I am slowing a down a bit and overlanding is beginning to appeal to me more. I sold my trail rig (97 Disco) a few years ago but I am ready to start building up my 04 Discovery for more comfort and travel rather than pure offroad. Looking to learn a lot from the group. Thanks!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 138913
2019 ram 1500 classic
New overland build with the v6 not the hemi,
Did a 3 month trip to B.C with a lifted ford ranger, looking forward to getting out there this year !

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Mike W for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, My name is Tyler from Hood River Oregon.

I am keen to learn new techniques to get my 2wd Sprinter van through adventures mostly in the Northwest, and also do a couple trips to the southwest every year. Looking to expand my ability to explore with friends and family.

My company builds water filtration and purification gear, so hoping we can be a resource for people hear with water systems.

Instagram: @guzzleh2o

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon OR.

Our Southwest Director is also available to help if you need any info during your trips. @brien

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to join. My name is Rich and I currently live in Henderson, Nevada. Looking forward to the chance to share the outdoors with you all.

I'm new to the overlanding scene, and currently drive a 2020 4runner ORP.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding

The local meet-up in Las Vegas is run by @The Lone Overlander