Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Ken from Orange County, NY. New to Overlanding but love the outdoors and camp as much as I can. I picked up a new to me 08 Rubicon and looking to do some exploring and camping in the near future.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, Jeff here from Nevada. I've got a 1988 toyota pickup and I have loved exploring this state for the last 30 years. Hope to learn a bunch and meet all of you. Thanks for letting me join.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I live in Palmdale, CA. I just bought a 2019 Tundra so that I can get back into enjoying nature again. My experience in the Great outdoors is a bit of a mixed one. I am a trained tracker for the Sheriff's Department and did that for five years before stopping, I own a 1982 FJ40 that I have owned since 1984 and would drive it on any dirt road or trail that I would find just to see where it would take me and I used to do a lot of surfing, backpacking and fly fishing. It has been way too long now since I did any of those things and the hill’s are calling me back and I must go. So let’s get together and do some exploring, fly fishing, camping and enjoying nature as best we can. I look forward to meeting you and the adventures to come. Thanks, Brian

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys!
My names Tyler, I'm currently live in Graham Washington
I drive a 2019 diesel chevy zr2
I'd say I'm right between novice and experienced when it comes to offroading. I've done a few trips with the truck so far, including half of the WABDR. hope to meet some locals! View attachment 138796

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon OR.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! New to overlanding but no so much offroading. It's been almost two decades since I had my YJ, but now I'm in a 2011 4Runner and I couldn't be happier. Considering I live in PA (south central), there's not a lot of "real" overlanding to be done around here, but I'm happy to simply start car camping, if you will, with the 4R as the focus of things, versus just "how I got there"

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello guys. My name is Thomas. Located near Santa Cruz CA. 2013 Tacoma overland build project. Excited to meet up and check out those awesome builds!

Check out our Instagram @SantaCruz4x4

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @PapaDave & @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Ivan, I am from Venezuela, I love to travel and I have a toyota fj cruiser, I am 20 years traveling through my country, it is a pleasure to belong to this communityView attachment 138738
Welcome to Overland Bound Ivan.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is David
Vehicle: ‘03 Subaru Forester
I’ve been camping most of my life but overlanding caught my eye a few years ago and I’m ready to learn as much as I can from you all.
Experience level: noob

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob or help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @PapaDave & @Magic Mike

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys!
I'd say I'm right between novice and experienced when it comes to offroading. I've done a few trips with the truck so far, including half of the WABDR. hope to meet some locals! View attachment 138796
Welcome Tyler! I'm on Whidbey Island (north of ya). How's the diesel ZR2?

I'm your closest Member Rep, but @Slimpartywagon and @Sandpoint Steve are both Member Reps and we can answer any questions you may have. Don't hesitate to DM.

Not sure if you have heard of it, but every year there is the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain. Super neat for good exposure to the Overlanding world.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello guys. My name is Thomas. Located near Santa Cruz CA. 2013 Tacoma overland build project. Excited to meet up and check out those awesome builds!

Check out our Instagram @SantaCruz4x4
Hey TommyTaco

I head up the Tri-Valley meet up that is happening this coming Sunday 1-3pm in Plesasanton CA. We have about a trip a month and just came back from Big Sur last weekend. Check out the link below and come if you can!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello,
My name is David
Vehicle: ‘03 Subaru Forester
I’ve been camping most of my life but overlanding caught my eye a few years ago and I’m ready to learn as much as I can from you all.
Experience level: noob
Hey David!

Welcome, glad you posted. Like you said there are a number of great people here to learn from and just have fun with. You’ve got a number of choices for regional meet ups from @Kent R who heads up the Sierra Foothill Overlanders to @Magic Mike in Gold Country. I head up the Tri-Valley meet up in Pleasanton CA. Most new people say the hardest thing is coming the first time, after that they usually find like-minded people looking for adventure :)

Dave

SFO

Gold Country

Tri-Valley Meet Up

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey guys!
Welcome Tyler, as mentioned, I am also one of the Northwest Member Reps.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Some key events coming up in 2020:

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990
Northwest Member Representative

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to join. My name is Rich and I currently live in Henderson, Nevada. Looking forward to the chance to share the outdoors with you all.

I'm new to the overlanding scene, and currently drive a 2020 4runner ORP.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @HappyOurOverlanding oe me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Guzzle H2O

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hood River, Oregon, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
B
Hello, My name is Tyler from Hood River Oregon.

I am keen to learn new techniques to get my 2wd Sprinter van through adventures mostly in the Northwest, and also do a couple trips to the southwest every year. Looking to expand my ability to explore with friends and family.

My company builds water filtration and purification gear, so hoping we can be a resource for people hear with water systems.

Instagram: @guzzleh2o

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Guzzle H2O Welcome Tyler,
You are located in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Northwest Region Director, @Gabriel Bozeman and myself are your closest Member Representatives. @Sandpoint Steve is also a member rep for the Northwest.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by
Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

@Gabriel Bozeman is adding more things in your area so hit him up for more information

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative

NomaadNC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rocky Mount, NC, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Sellers
Member #

Hello all. Bill here in NC. I am a long time off-roader new to the group. I am slowing a down a bit and overlanding is beginning to appeal to me more. I sold my trail rig (97 Disco) a few years ago but I am ready to start building up my 04 Discovery for more comfort and travel rather than pure offroad. Looking to learn a lot from the group. Thanks!

Guzzle H2O

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hood River, Oregon, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
B
@Guzzle H2O Welcome Tyler,
You are located in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Northwest Region Director, @Gabriel Bozeman and myself are your closest Member Representatives. @Sandpoint Steve is also a member rep for the Northwest.

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

@Gabriel Bozeman is adding more things in your area so hit him up for more information

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative
Thanks Mike...I'm interested in the WBDAR to the NW Overland Rally. Is that a mandatory 4wd situation?

Cheers, Tyler