Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, My name is Dan, i am i guess a beginner to overlanding outside of Michigan, i have been allover my own State Canoeing and ATV and doing weekend trips but now that this Overlanding has blown up i am fully on board. I am now on my second rig our first was a 98 jeep ZJ with a Smittybilt tent and all kinds of diy done to that which My wife and i went all through Mi upper peninsula, as well as PA and up in the Adirondack's, we had a blast exploring with that jeep
View attachment 138444

so after many hours of watching (Lifestyle Overland), (Venture4wd) and many others i made the choice to jump into the Toyota Taco world and i have to say i love this truck, i also went with the 23Zero walkabout and i have nothing bad to say about this tent, it is awesome
View attachment 138445
I have been 2 years all over Michigan and have had a lot of people take pictures of my rig because nobody has seen a rooftop tent before so needless to say Overlanding has not really made its way into Michigan ... Yet, however i do know of KOAR 2020 that i already booked my days off for so check that out if you have time
i am starting to film more and i love to see all the youtube content on Overlanding along with all the beautiful country we have off the pavement,

again i am still a beginner and i am still trying to figure out Gaia as far as how to download other peoples maps so i can get out there and see other States
i hope joining this Overland Bound community will help me answer a lot of questions i have as far as good spots to explore and tech to use
Thanks and excited to be a member
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you are @MTNoutdoorsman & @Ohio Valley Overland, they are planing events for the summer that are close to you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm from upstate NY, in the Adirondacks. I'm new to over landing but I have experience in off roading and camping. I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that's lifted 2.5in on 35's. Planning on doing a few exploration trips this summer. Thanks for letting me in!View attachment 138720

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I ended up buying a 91 FJ80 Land Cruiser this year and am looking into various aspects of overland/4x4 trails.

I started a build thread over on mud:

The overland bound community looks like a great resource as well and happy to be here.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron

D-Subie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Angwin, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Urbina
Hello,
My name is David
Vehicle: ‘03 Subaru Forester
I’ve been camping most of my life but overlanding caught my eye a few years ago and I’m ready to learn as much as I can from you all.
Experience level: noob

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Welcome!...We are working very hard to build the Midwest community into one of the strongest regions on OB. We are having a bunch of events this year and even some in Michigan....Make sure to join the Facebook page for Overland Bound Midwest....I will be posting lots of dates there soon....Our Michigan event it tentatively scheduled for June 13 at either Sleeping Bear or Keweenaw...or if you have another location that you think would be a good spot let me know...text me at 502-724-6435...Hope to meet you soon! Jason...

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm from upstate NY, in the Adirondacks. I'm new to over landing but I have experience in off roading and camping. I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that's lifted 2.5in on 35's. Planning on doing a few exploration trips this summer. Thanks for letting me in!View attachment 138720
Welcome Joe, I lived in Governouer, NY for 5 years..very pretty country around there. One of the few places I lived that I actually was sad to leave and want to go back to for a visit. But you can keep the Lake Effect Snow

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,

Hello Joe, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,
My name is David
Vehicle: ‘03 Subaru Forester
I’ve been camping most of my life but overlanding caught my eye a few years ago and I’m ready to learn as much as I can from you all.
Experience level: noob
Welcome to the OB community David.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Scowling Tuna

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Thomasville, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swartzbaugh
Member #

Hello everyone! New to overlanding but no so much offroading. It's been almost two decades since I had my YJ, but now I'm in a 2011 4Runner and I couldn't be happier. Considering I live in PA (south central), there's not a lot of "real" overlanding to be done around here, but I'm happy to simply start car camping, if you will, with the 4R as the focus of things, versus just "how I got there"

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! New to overlanding but no so much offroading. It's been almost two decades since I had my YJ, but now I'm in a 2011 4Runner and I couldn't be happier. Considering I live in PA (south central), there's not a lot of "real" overlanding to be done around here, but I'm happy to simply start car camping, if you will, with the 4R as the focus of things, versus just "how I got there"
Hi Scott welcome to the OB community. It's great having you as part of the group.

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Hey guys!
My names Tyler, I'm currently live in Graham Washington
I drive a 2019 diesel chevy zr2
I'd say I'm right between novice and experienced when it comes to offroading. I've done a few trips with the truck so far, including half of the WABDR. hope to meet some locals! FB_IMG_1566829101315.jpg

MojaveGreen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6SGE
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I live in Palmdale, CA. I just bought a 2019 Tundra so that I can get back into enjoying nature again. My experience in the Great outdoors is a bit of a mixed one. I am a trained tracker for the Sheriff's Department and did that for five years before stopping, I own a 1982 FJ40 that I have owned since 1984 and would drive it on any dirt road or trail that I would find just to see where it would take me and I used to do a lot of surfing, backpacking and fly fishing. It has been way too long now since I did any of those things and the hill’s are calling me back and I must go. So let’s get together and do some exploring, fly fishing, camping and enjoying nature as best we can. I look forward to meeting you and the adventures to come. Thanks, Brian

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello guys. My name is Thomas. Located near Santa Cruz CA. 2013 Tacoma overland build project. Excited to meet up and check out those awesome builds!

Check out our Instagram @SantaCruz4x4
Heya Thomas, welcome to the OB Forum. Enjoy!
Welcome to the OB forum!
Hey guys!
My names Tyler, I'm currently live in Graham Washington
I drive a 2019 diesel chevy zr2
I'd say I'm right between novice and experienced when it comes to offroading. I've done a few trips with the truck so far, including half of the WABDR. hope to meet some locals! View attachment 138796
Heya Tyler, welcome to the forum. Nice rig. Enjoy!
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I live in Palmdale, CA. I just bought a 2019 Tundra so that I can get back into enjoying nature again. My experience in the Great outdoors is a bit of a mixed one. I am a trained tracker for the Sheriff's Department and did that for five years before stopping, I own a 1982 FJ40 that I have owned since 1984 and would drive it on any dirt road or trail that I would find just to see where it would take me and I used to do a lot of surfing, backpacking and fly fishing. It has been way too long now since I did any of those things and the hill’s are calling me back and I must go. So let’s get together and do some exploring, fly fishing, camping and enjoying nature as best we can. I look forward to meeting you and the adventures to come. Thanks, Brian
Hey Brian, welcome to OB. Looking forward to meeting you, too! Enjoy!
Hello everyone, Jeff here from Nevada. I've got a 1988 toyota pickup and I have loved exploring this state for the last 30 years. Hope to learn a bunch and meet all of you. Thanks for letting me join.
Hey Jeff, welcome! This place if full o' good people & good info. Lots to learn! Enjoy!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Ken from Orange County, NY. New to Overlanding but love the outdoors and camp as much as I can. I picked up a new to me 08 Rubicon and looking to do some exploring and camping in the near future.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova