Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

baldwinlouie

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi there. I'm new to overlanding. I like to be outdoors, and love to surf up and down California. With three growing kids, I thought we'd do some adventuring and appreciate the great outdoors.

Now that we are in Spring, I'll be heading out on a few trips soon!

I bought a 2019 Tacoma, that is fairly stock. Here's the rig a couple of weeks ago at Hollister Hills. That was my first time taking the vehicle 4-wheeling.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there. I'm new to overlanding. I like to be outdoors, and love to surf up and down California. With three growing kids, I thought we'd do some adventuring and appreciate the great outdoors.

Now that we are in Spring, I'll be heading out on a few trips soon!

I bought a 2019 Tacoma, that is fairly stock. Here's the rig a couple of weeks ago at Hollister Hills. That was my first time taking the vehicle 4-wheeling.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen I'm new to overlanding, love to hike but having 2 little kids who cant hike far I'm going to try overlanding out.

I just got my dream truck a 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum, she is bone stock for now.. I live in virginia beach va , and going to try getting out very soon...

Thank you allView attachment 92452
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from Ohio! New to Overlanding, looking for adventures. Will be between Ohio-Colorado Springs-Vegas-Montana end of may thru june in a 4 Runner, wanting to learn as much as I can this summer!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello my name is Chuck and I am a semi novice off-roader and a complete novice at overlanding but me and my family are more than ready to jump right in.

I have a 2019 dual cab Nissan Frontier.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

I am your U.S. West Member Representative, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Freespirit.wk2

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cleveland, TX, USA
First Name
Stephanie
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Hello from Texas!
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee QT2
OB#17730 (waiting for badges)
Beginner overlander here. I fell in love with the lifestyle when I had my JKU and spent 9 days in Big Bend Ranch and National parks exploring. I no longer have the JKU, but I'm loving my WK2!

Last edited:

Bigmac

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and a novice to Overlanding. I grew up here in Portland Or. I left in 1984 to join the US Army. Served for almost 10 years before returning to Portland.
My Overland rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It has a manual trans. about a 5 in lift with 32" BFG KM3's.
I'm also into mountain bike racing and riding. I just plain love to be in the woods with my XJ or mountain bike.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello from Texas! New to Overlanding, excited to start a build and start new adventures!
Hello from Texas!
Beginner overlander here. I fell in love with the lifestyle when I had my JKU and spent 9 days in Big Bend Ranch and National parks exploring. I no longer have the JKU, but I'm loving my WK2!
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and a novice to Overlanding. I grew up here in Portland Or. I left in 1984 to join the US Army. Served for almost 10 years before returning to Portland.
My Overland rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It has a manual trans. about a 5 in lift with 32" BFG KM3's.
I'm also into mountain bike racing and riding. I just plain love to be in the woods with my XJ or mountain bike.

View attachment 92578
Welcome and nice Jeep!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from Texas!
View attachment 92566

Reactions: Freespirit.wk2

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone.

View attachment 92578

Nick Henning

Rank 0

Traveler I

New here....and honestly just excited to read and learn about overlanding. Wife and I have roadtripped plenty of times and have always wanted a truck that we can build around and have some fun experiences. Picked up my truck this past weekend and stoked to share it with all you and dive into this.

Wheels and tires coming...going w/ the FJ steel wheels w/ BFG All Terrains that I have sitting around with 2k on them.

Rig: 2012 Tacoma (regular cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 2" Old Man Emu lift w/ heavy springs, ARB front bumper, Warn winch, Jeraco midrise cap w/ Yakima roof rack)
Experience: Novice

Last edited: