Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Brick Sprickly

Rank III

Advocate II

It seems to work fine. Ran it on a rocky trail with some mud dipping and water crossings and it performed great. No issues with keeping the spare tire underneath. As for the overall weight with both bumpers and sliders, I estimated I lost 50 miles per tank of gas. The icon II shocks and springs are performing fine with the added weight also.
Ah thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the SSO front for now, maybe down the line I'll get the rear done. No need for sliders just yet as I have nerf bars hah. Maybe, one day!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi, Jeff here. Just joined, really impressed with the OB Community! I have a long history when it comes to modifying vehicles (specifically Toyota's) to go Off-Road. Currently I have 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD-Off-Road that continues to chew up my back account! I have serve OCD and continue to refine/change to improve different aspects of my rig. I love driving and seeking new back roads and trails, particularly the "roads-less-traveled". Currently working on a trip to the Arctic Ocean September this year. The photos are from a shake down run of the dual spare set-up, results: success.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
looks like a well run site. i will be looking forward to many good reads. As for my stable; 1988 long arm YJ on 33"s with fuel injection and a 2012 GXV
Modesto CA

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am your U.S. West Member Representative, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum T @Narbob

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area;
Central California Monthly Meet Up

joeyespinoza

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Montrose, CA 91020, USA
Member #

Hey all!

Im Joe Espinoza
Rig: 2009 Tacoma 4dr TRD Off road (White)
Experience: Novice who has been itching to get outdoors in my own rig. I’ve always camped with other overlanders in the past .

Headed to Mojave with buddy April 12th so any tips and advice is much appreciated! Pretty stoked to finally become a member!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member from El Dorado county. Been following Overland Bound on Instagram and just had to join in the fun.

Rig: 1974 Toyota FJ40 and 2014 GMC Yukon XL.
Experience: been exploring a long time but just getting started on the off road adventures.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting
Sacramento weekly meet-up.
Sacramento: Weekly Meet-up

I am the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all!

Im Joe Espinoza
Rig: 2009 Tacoma 4dr TRD Off road (White)
Experience: Novice who has been itching to get outdoors in my own rig. I’ve always camped with other overlanders in the past .

Headed to Mojave with buddy April 12th so any tips and advice is much appreciated! Pretty stoked to finally become a member!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

C4Runner

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
My name is Cesar.
1. Alhambra, CA.
2. 2019 4Runner TRD Pro
3. Overlanding novice. I am an avid hiker and have experience backpacking. Haven’t done much outdoors lately since our kid was born, but now that he’s 1.5 years old I’m looking forward to some future overlanding trips as a family.

Attachments

HAUBY123

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wisconsin
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
HAUBENSCHILD
Member #

My name is: BRIAN and I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma OR. That along my Northstar 600SS Pop-Up Truck Camper make up my over-landing equipment with lots of accessories, and camp gear! My ultimate goal will a 60 day trip to Alaska, Canada, Yellowstone and Black Hills (Planning Stages Now). I will post photos of the Truck and Camper once I have recovered fully from my broken leg!

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

My name is: BRIAN and I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma OR. That along my Northstar 600SS Pop-Up Truck Camper make up my over-landing equipment with lots of accessories, and camp gear! My ultimate goal will a 60 day trip to Alaska, Canada, Yellowstone and Black Hills (Planning Stages Now). I will post photos of the Truck and Camper once I have recovered fully from my broken leg!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,
My name is Cesar.
1. Alhambra, CA.
2. 2019 4Runner TRD Pro
3. Overlanding novice. I am an avid hiker and have experience backpacking. Haven’t done much outdoors lately since our kid was born, but now that he’s 1.5 years old I’m looking forward to some future overlanding trips as a family.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to meet you! Make sure to the forums for local meet-ups in your area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, glad to have found this place as it seems more up my alley than many similar groups. I feel I have a lot to contribute here, and look forward to meeting others and helping where I can!

About me:

- Former Combat Medic and Paratrooper, US Army
- Currently stay-at-home-Dad! It's pretty rad. I take the kids out on adventures as often as I can, and am eager to make those trips larger and longer as they grow.
- Always have been adventurous, lived in Europe for several years, love road tripping, but finally got a proper rig this year.
- Currently in SC but moving to WA at the end of this year. Gonna be a hell of a trip there!

My rig:

- Brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, Voodoo Blue

My Experience:

- Lots of trauma medicine
- Driving HMMWV's off road in Germany and Italy
- 10+ years of road tripping and overlanding

Overland Bound Meetups

For now you are in the Southeast Region but you might want to start watching the Northwest, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Reactions: Brick Sprickly

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
East Tennessee
2006 Tundra SR5 4.7 V8, leveled with Bilstein 5100s
I am new to overlanding, but have been camping since I was little. Trying to get offroad on some weekend trips this summer.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2018 Toyota Tundra
Experience: Newbie :)

BTW...Is the store down right now? Tried to sign up for membership and add to cart is not working. Looking forward to adventures!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location is Columbia TN.

2011 T4R SR5

Overlanding Experience Background is a novice but very experienced hiking/backpacking.

Looking for good info on removing front bumper and replacing it with something.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
My name is Martin. My wife and I live in the upper hills of Oakland CA. We just bought a 2019 taco Off Road access cab in Cement. I sold a business recently, so I'm retired for the time being. At 54, I'm still pretty active and look forward to exploring the West this year. I'm contemplating getting a Four Wheel Camper vs an overland setup. We've had pop-up trailers in the past and really liked the easy setup, a heater, storage, comfortable sleeping. We've never been interested in using the onboard toilet. Can we build and overland that ticks those boxes? I'd prefer to not have a FWC sitting on the driveway...
Into biking, hiking, fly fishing, travel, sports cars, food. I'm not really interested in getting the photo of three wheels in the air trying to climb a boulder with the truck.

Help finding links to a few threads on building a late model taco would be really helpful. I know that there is a lot of info here, but there is a lot to wade through.

Thanks
Martin
View attachment 91974

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!