Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

1) Skagit County, WA
2) 2001 Nissan Xterra
3) Novice

I'm Nic, I love the outdoors, and I am complete automotive geek. Getting out and exploring areas that I've never been, is the way I like to spend my time off of work. I like new challenges and working as a team!
I'm up in Bellingham! We should get together some time and go explore!

Reactions: NorthStar96

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

G'day everyone. Member #1966 checking in here. First a huge shout out to corrie who was most accommodating in letting me have that number to coincide with our new build.

My name is Blake, my wife is Bailey and we currently have 2 girls with one more gremlin on the way.

I grew up in a very outdoors oriented family, while we were never really part of the off road community. We have a cattle ranch in eastern Alberta located in a rural area several hours from any city so the weekend rush into the wilderness is a bit foreign to me. We often find ourselves travelling for a taste of civilization at it were :). Spent much of our childhood fishing and hunting both on the prairies , Rockies and PNW and still do, though summers are filled with ranch work so the chances to get away are limited until the cooler months.

I have a tendency to be long winded though so back to the member number. My dad and grandfather bought the vehicle from the forestry service probably 40 years ago, and then it sat for likely close to the last thirty when it required some front end work. I decided enough was enough and finally pulled the old girl out of the trees (the few that actually exist here) and am going forward with this mammoth project. It's a 1966 Fargo (Canadian brand sold alongside of dodge) Town Panel. My wife thinks it's ugly, I think it's awesome :)

I'll get my butt in gear with a build thread soon. Probably take longer to finish than I hope. Obligatory teaser pics.

God bless,
Blake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heck Yes! Love seeing the oldies in stock condition. That would be a blast to see on the trail showing off and doing better than the new rigs! ;) Will be watching your build thread. Cheers!

Reactions: Taoracer

Trident904

Rank 0

Contributor I

1) Palm City, FL
2) 2013 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
3) Not a novice, but not expert either

Hey all, new guy here from Florida. Im a regular camper and day trip trail explorer. I'm just getting into the long haul expedition trips and am currently planning my first solo trip this August.

I'll be starting in South Florida and heading north to the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'm currently in the route planning phase and am trying to run from Ellijay, GA to Helen, GA up through Hiawassee, Ga then on through the Smokies to Ashville, NC before heading back south through Tallulah Gorge. I'm planning to do this using only Forest Service roads. Any advice or route recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

PandaMonium 428

Rank IV

Traveler III

Carl Junction, Jasper County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
O’Connell
Hey guys!

Names Andy. Living in the Joplin, Missouri area.

Current Vehicles:
91 Toyota Pickup 3.0 5 speed
92 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.0 5 Speed (DD)
91 Toyota Land Cruiser w/400 Chevy Small Block (Got more plans for this one!)

Firefighter/Paramedic
Likes outdoorsy things.

Been offroad quite a bit, just looking to meet some people in the are to hit up some trails/find some new spots!

J

Jonovision

hey all,
new from Edmonton, Alberta.
I run a 2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a few mods here and there. always looking to learn new things and engage in conversation about offroading and related things, and love getting out and getting the trucks dirty!
cheers,
Jono

Trailpatrol

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Isanti, MN
Member #

New member MizMoosie checking in:
Spooner, WI
2014 JKUR
Moderate amount of travel experiences...

A few pics: Lake Superior

Trout fishing in the Superior National Forest

Rowing in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
And the best danged backcountry cook you'll ever meet! Ask her for her Maple Venison Stew recipe. Better yet, come to the Winter Camping Symposium in October at YMCA Camp Miller in Sturgeon Lake, MN, and see for yourself!

chris90

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Townsville, Australia
Member #

1) Australia. I move around because of work, I'm from Vic but currently living in Townsville QLD
2) 2015 Land Rover Defender 90
3) Somewhere in between experienced and novice

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've watched a few of the Overland Bound videos and love your attitude towards everything. I look forward to connecting with you all over the forum.
Cheers,
Chris

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

1) Australia. I move around because of work, I'm from Vic but currently living in Townsville QLD
2) 2015 Land Rover Defender 90
3) Somewhere in between experienced and novice

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've watched a few of the Overland Bound videos and love your attitude towards everything. I look forward to connecting with you all over the forum.
Cheers,
Chris
Damn Australians with all cool rigs. Welcome to the forum

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hey guys!

Names Andy. Living in the Joplin, Missouri area.

Current Vehicles:
91 Toyota Pickup 3.0 5 speed
92 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.0 5 Speed (DD)
91 Toyota Land Cruiser w/400 Chevy Small Block (Got more plans for this one!)

Firefighter/Paramedic
Likes outdoorsy things.

Been offroad quite a bit, just looking to meet some people in the are to hit up some trails/find some new spots!
Welcome to the community!

Reactions: chris90

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hi folks,

My name is Patrick. Been an east coast kid my whole life. Calling me a novice would be giving a bad name to all other novices. Just getting started. My current vehicle is a Ford F150, eco-boost 4x4 with long bed. We'll see where I go from here.
Welcome @PaddyG !