Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 78938 View attachment 78939 Hi all, new to the site and wanted to start here. I am located in the San Diego area, I drive a 2012 Jeep wrangler on 35's with a RTT and awning, around 3 inches of lift for now.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: velociraptured

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB!

Nick here, from the San Francisco Bay.
My wife and I are newbie-ish overlanders, learning the ropes over a handful of California trips over the last year. Looking to connect with others to go on trips with.
Favorite trips have been Northern Death Valley and Plumas Backcountry Discovery Trail.

We've got a 2005 LR3 with 214k miles (eek!) but have fun with it and try not to break it.

Pics of the rig attached.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!

My name is Adam, I live in Los Angeles California. I currently go to school in Denver (which is where I will do a majority of my driving)
I recently bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with only 10k miles on it. It has a majority of mods done (roof rack, winch, steel bumper, etc.)
I have very little experience. I personally have not driven off-road, but I have been in the car with others while they drove. I would love to learn more!

There are several meet-ups in Los Angeles area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello

Im in Northern California
Ive got a 92 Toyota 4Runner. I have litterally gone through every bit of the truck and made modifications. Designed and built all tubular rocksliders, front bumper and rear bumper/spare carrier. Dual transfer cases, winch, locker, straight axle. Has the 3.0 and is a 5 speed. 190k. Been abusing this truck for 16 years.

As far as experience, I have a lot. That being said, i will still watch build videos, trips, and loadout videos on youtube to see what other people are doing. Always looking to improve. Super excited to be here.

My two sons are my expedition companions.

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally made it over here :) I'm an "Old Fart" living in Eddy, TX. Been around awhile. Get out and about as often as possible. Always looking for a new adventure!!!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Badger13

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona
Member #

We need to get out and find some trails, I was in Tucson last weekend for the Arizona National Guard Muster.
Greetings from Tucson, OB 10623 here, bit getting out as much as I would like lately but when I do, I look forward to meeting you out there.

Reactions: ZRex

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello

Ive got a 92 Toyota 4Runner. I have litterally gone through every bit of the truck and made modifications. Designed and built all tubular rocksliders, front bumper and rear bumper/spare carrier. Dual transfer cases, winch, locker, straight axle. Has the 3.0 and is a 5 speed. 190k. Been abusing this truck for 16 years.

As far as experience, I have a lot. That being said, i will still watch build videos, trips, and loadout videos on youtube to see what other people are doing. Always looking to improve. Super excited to be here.

Welcome. Nice build out. Make sure you drop by the 4Runner owners registry thread.

Reactions: ZRex and Ed Cortes

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello

Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see another person in the Gold Country area. My wife @Firemom live in the Auburn area, and there is a great Overlanding community in the Gold country / Sierra Foothills area.

Check out the forums for Sierra Foothills Overlanders. We have our group Christmas party on the 18th, at Solid Grounds Brewery. Also there is a meet-up in The Sacramento (Citrus Heights) area. Hope to see you out there!

If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
Hello, and Thank you for allowing to join the group.
Here is picture of my trailer, Im customizing. Im new to overlanding, and hoping to learn lots. I leave in Palm Bay, Fl, and have been a Ham Radio operator for over 40 years.

View attachment 78980
Welcome. Hope to see you on the trails or on the air. I'm currently in central Florida, till the end of the year at the very least. Depends on when my ccw arrives.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! My name is Jon and I just joined the group. I'm in San Clemente, CA. My experience is mostly desert trips (glamis, dumont, ocotillo, etc.), but I am excited to gain true overlanding experience. My rig is a 2008 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, and Thank you for allowing to join the group.
Here is picture of my trailer, Im customizing. Im new to overlanding, and hoping to learn lots. I leave in Palm Bay, Fl, and have been a Ham Radio operator for over 40 years.

View attachment 78980

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Here is the link to our comms page:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-communications.65/

Overland Bound has a ham net that is weekly:
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello.

I am a new member here. I have a Gen 2 tacoma TRD offroad in white. I like camping, hiking, fishing, and kayaking. I generally hold a preference for dogs over people. I am from the Midwest United States, and I believe in small government, property rights, and individual freedom.

Good day.

Im with you on the dogs over people.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi been lurking here for a bit so I’ll make myself known.

Rigs: 2002 Legacy Outback and a 88 Ford Bronco.

Experience: novice, been on a few trails but nothing extreme.

View attachment 79044View attachment 79045

Joseph Gaitan

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winchester, CA
Member #

Exploring the Outdoors.jpg

New to the Overland Bound community, but not new to overlanding. I finally made the decision to get the badge that everyone is talking about and glad I did. Located in Winchester, CA. Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner. We have been overlanding since 2016. And always learning. Hopefully we get to meet some of you out there on the field.

Last edited: