• HTML tutorial

BeastLobster

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seaford, Virginia
Member #

Hey everyone.
I drive a 2011 Silverado 1500 pretty modified (pictures to come)
Yeah I know she is a little bigger than the standard overlander but she does pretty well.
Currently in Hampton, VA
Need some overland friends around my area to help me find some good trails since I'm new to the area.
Hey Cody, I actually live in Seaford, VA so I'm not far from you. I don't know any good trails around the area but I will let you know if I find any.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Scott Wrigley

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey!

My name is Scott Wrigley. I am a graduate student from Fort Collins, Colorado. While this is my second jeep, I am new to the overlanding scene, but excited to start the adventure.

I recently traded in my '12 2dr JK Sport for a '15 4dr Rubicon. It came with a 2.5" lift, 37s, spacers, some sort of generic winch, poison spyder bumpers and crusher fender flares, rear lights, an s-pod, and rotopax for extra storage. Great starting point for my build.

I just ordered a rhino rack and tepui tent. It should be in this week. We are also going under this week to see what all the previous owner did, and start making a plan for the build out/upgrades! So far, I have added a Warn VR-10S winch, Rough Country 50" light bar, smittybilt recovery kit and portable air compressor, and hi-lift jack.

Glad to be here!

Attachments

Citizen Rob

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stockton, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSM
Hey everyone! I'm Rob, and I'm an off-road, overland addict. It started 30+ years ago watching Wide World of Sports and watching Ivan Stewart. I ended up doing 20 years in the Army driving pretty much anything with tires. I got my off road fix driving HMMWV's and PLS systems along tank trails and in the deserts of various middle eastern countries.

I've stalked this group for some time now and am finally coming to terms with my addiction and need for support.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey!

My name is Scott Wrigley. I am a graduate student from Fort Collins, Colorado. While this is my second jeep, I am new to the overlanding scene, but excited to start the adventure.

I recently traded in my '12 2dr JK Sport for a '15 4dr Rubicon. It came with a 2.5" lift, 37s, spacers, some sort of generic winch, poison spyder bumpers and crusher fender flares, rear lights, an s-pod, and rotopax for extra storage. Great starting point for my build.

I just ordered a rhino rack and tepui tent. It should be in this week. We are also going under this week to see what all the previous owner did, and start making a plan for the build out/upgrades! So far, I have added a Warn VR-10S winch, Rough Country 50" light bar, smittybilt recovery kit and portable air compressor, and hi-lift jack.

Glad to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm Rob, and I'm an off-road, overland addict. It started 30+ years ago watching Wide World of Sports and watching Ivan Stewart. I ended up doing 20 years in the Army driving pretty much anything with tires. I got my off road fix driving HMMWV's and PLS systems along tank trails and in the deserts of various middle eastern countries.

I've stalked this group for some time now and am finally coming to terms with my addiction and need for support.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
We had a meet-up in Manteca recently and plan on another in that part of the valley again. But in the mean time here are two meet-ups.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/
Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Last edited:
Reactions: Citizen Rob

a4rmando

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tustin, CA
First Name
Armando
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPN
Hello all,

I'm Armando and I'm very new to this. I've only had my Jeep for about two years. It's used, but new to me. I've always had a love for the outdoors with hiking, camping and such. I'm looking forward to meeting some great people and learning all I can about overlanding before I give it a try and get out there for some adventure.

1) Tustin, CA (Southern Cali area)
2) 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
3) Zero overland experience and very little off road experience.

upload_2018-12-10_14-37-33.png

teich

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Francisco, CA
Member #

IMG_1847.jpeg IMG_0098.jpeg
Been lurking for a e few months. Living in San Francisco. 2017 Sprinter 4x4 (winnebago revel). Had it for ~10 months, 11K miles on it so far. About to leave for a 2 week 1-way trip down Baja. Managed to find an unemployed friend who is meeting us in Loreto and driving the van back. Wife, 7 year old and I will be adventuring and seeing what we find along the way.

Only experience in off-roading and overlanding is with the van. Have already slid backwards 1/2 a mile down a muddy mountain scraping the side and thanking the gods the dirt bank where angled away from the cliffs, up and over Grand Staircase Escalante on a road I didn't think we could make but turned out fine, and hopefully will find some fun new places to explore soon.

Couldn't make the nor-cal meeting yesterday due to existing commitments, but excited to meet some people in the future.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 with 2.5" Spacer lift
Experience: Novice- spent the last few years offroading but no overlanding experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Your regional Representative will be making contact soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

I'm Armando and I'm very new to this. I've only had my Jeep for about two years. It's used, but new to me. I've always had a love for the outdoors with hiking, camping and such. I'm looking forward to meeting some great people and learning all I can about overlanding before I give it a try and get out there for some adventure.

1) Tustin, CA (Southern Cali area)
2) 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
3) Zero overland experience and very little off road experience.

View attachment 78807
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Reactions: a4rmando

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 78810 View attachment 78811
Been lurking for a e few months. Living in San Francisco. 2017 Sprinter 4x4 (winnebago revel). Had it for ~10 months, 11K miles on it so far. About to leave for a 2 week 1-way trip down Baja. Managed to find an unemployed friend who is meeting us in Loreto and driving the van back. Wife, 7 year old and I will be adventuring and seeing what we find along the way.

Only experience in off-roading and overlanding is with the van. Have already slid backwards 1/2 a mile down a muddy mountain scraping the side and thanking the gods the dirt bank where angled away from the cliffs, up and over Grand Staircase Escalante on a road I didn't think we could make but turned out fine, and hopefully will find some fun new places to explore soon.

Couldn't make the nor-cal meeting yesterday due to existing commitments, but excited to meet some people in the future.
I have seen more and more of these rigs on the road lately intact just yesterday in the north bay. Cant wait to see how the perform on the trail.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my name's Geoff. I'm currently running a 99 TJ. I live in Kansas City, MO and am starting the planning process on an overland trailer build.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

rubie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

discovery bay, ca 94505
First Name
ken
Last Name
hall
Member #

Joined about a month ago, having a hard time figuring out this site, have made posting etc. I think my OB # 17115 but unsure as no verification has been received. I see other members have a OB# in their profile I do not. When I joined I paid $19.00 for memership, did not want a metal badge.

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

Joined about a month ago, having a hard time figuring out this site, have made posting etc. I think my OB # 17115 but unsure as no verification has been received. I see other members have a OB# in their profile I do not. When I joined I paid $19.00 for memership, did not want a metal badge.
Did you receive any emails?