Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

18_PowerWagon

Rank 0

Traveler I

View attachment 74900 Hey! My name is Kevin. My fiancé and I just picked up a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro. This is our first overland vehicle and we are both excited for some adventures. We will be attending the overland expo east next weekend to gain some knowledge on rig setup and to dive right into the community.
That is a beautiful rig!!! Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: t4rpro_charlie

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

Hello all! I am a new member from Rocky Top, TN. My current rig is a 2010 Jeep JK. I am completely new to overlanding, but have been a Jeep owner for years and have some experience off roading. I am/was an avid backpacker, but due to a recent injury I will not be doing any serious hiking for a while, which ultimately led me to giving overlanding a try. I've been stalking the forums for a while and have gotten a lot of great information to help me get started. I look forward to getting to meet new people and getting to experience all that overlanding has to offer.
Welcome fellow jeep overlander

Reactions: Bud Anderson

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

Hello, my name is Mike and I’m from northeast Iowa. I’m currently building a 1984 cucv m1009. It’s still a work in progress and Plan on having it finished by January.

Parts list so far.

: diy4x shackles flip with 54 inch Tahoe springs in rear

:diy4x b52 front spring swap with 52 inch k5 springs in front

:diy4x HD FRONT shackle hangers

:Northwest fab dana60 highsteer kit

:h1 beadlocks and bfg Baja ta’s

:12v p pump Cummins engine

:NV4500 Cummins trans with Chevy main shaft and full rebuild and a np208 transfercase

:Dana 60 drw front axle and van 14bolt rear with 4.56 gears

View attachment 74807View attachment 74808
Very nice i like it

Reactions: AmericaMike

NWTrex

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome fellow PNW overlander! A fair bit of warning... your list of mods will always be growing. But hey, living in the PNW and not having a totally capable overlanding vehicle is just sad, so mod on. There is a great group of OB members in your neck of the woods that get together monthly. In fact their next meet-up is on November 10th. Check it out in the Rally Points section [link]. This and many other great opportunities are posted in the Events forum [link] and in the NorthWest Region forum [link], so you might want to head on over to those and check them out.
Thank You Very Much,!
I will not be able to make this one but will get out there with everyone soonIMG_2419.JPG

Reactions: Drifterman and Jedi

KalOverland

Rank 0

Traveler I

canada
Hey My Name Is Kelly (kaloverland)
i Am From Kuwait Moving Soon To Seattle
My experience extends for more than 24 years
Especially in Africa, the Middle East and some European countries
Look for a new experience in Canada and the United States
The nature there is not resistant and the rugged and mountainous road will undoubtedly increase My experience
I can not wait :blush:
me and friends we use 70 series of Land Cruiser
i Am building Now
2018 LC79 DOUBLE CAB PICKUP V8 4.5L DIESEL TD
Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me .. Thanks For Having Me

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey My Name Is Kelly (kaloverland)
i Am From Kuwait Moving Soon To Seattle
My experience extends for more than 24 years
Especially in Africa, the Middle East and some European countries
Look for a new experience in Canada and the United States
The nature there is not resistant and the rugged and mountainous road will undoubtedly increase My experience
I can not wait :blush:
me and friends we use 70 series of Land Cruiser
i Am building Now
2018 LC79 DOUBLE CAB PICKUP V8 4.5L DIESEL TD
Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me .. Thanks For Having Me
Welcome!!

Reactions: KalOverland

Apoplin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alameda, ca
Member #

Hey, my names Andrew i currently live in the San Francisco bay area but that is always changing due to being in the coast guard.
I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off road
Have experience camping and off roading but wanted to get more into off the grid camping and finding spots that are less crowded.
Any suggestions on camping spots in the norcal area that a less experienced overlander could do in a weekend would be greatly appreciated.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey, my names Andrew i currently live in the San Francisco bay area but that is always changing due to being in the coast guard.
I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off road
Have experience camping and off roading but wanted to get more into off the grid camping and finding spots that are less crowded.
Any suggestions on camping spots in the norcal area that a less experienced overlander could do in a weekend would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome aboard brother and thank you for your service! There are a few Coasties on this forum. The great news is that in the SF Bay Area you are in the OB motherland and just a few hours away from some incredible off roading and overlanding fun. From practicing your skills in Hollister Hills to taking multi-day trips traversing the fire roads of the Sierra Nevada mountains, there is no end to the fun. How close (or far) things are really is dependant on which of the USCG stations you are at. Now, if you can get assigned to Station Lake Tahoe (or just stay in the A-Frames there)... that is paradise. Take a look at the West Region forum [link] for more information on Overlander Bound members and meet-ups in your area.

Enthusiast I

Burlington, Vermont
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hyde
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1DGT
hey guys my name is Anthony and i live just north of Burlington, Vermont.
So i have a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, the Girlfriend has a TRD Sport and my sister has a SR+ that we have done a little off-roading with. We just started getting in to the overland scene and trying to learn everything we can. Ive done a bunch of camping but my GF and 2 YO daughter its all new to them. I have been hitting a bunch of class 4 roads in my area to find good trails to ride on.

mattgagnonphoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Montana, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7CYM
Hey everyone I'm from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I moved here from the East Coast about 3 years ago to explore the west.
I drive a 2013 Subaru Outback with some modifications to make it more capable on the trail.
I've been involved in vehicle based adventure as long as I can remember. Since moving to Utah I've been more involved with overlanding having spent a lot of time exploring the trails between Utah, Nevada, California, and Wyoming.

Here are some photos of my Subie:

Mirror Lake Wheel Shoot  21Oct18-25.jpg

Attachments

Bomber Bash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
Member #

Hi, I'm Patrick, from "State of Jefferson" region.
I currently drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Hard Rock edition).
All of my rigs have been red, for good luck.
View attachment 74727 For 30 years I have used my rigs for archaeological expeditions, fun, and as daily drivers.
Nice to be here!
Nice! Welcome!

Bomber Bash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
Member #

Hello, my name is Mike and I’m from northeast Iowa. I’m currently building a 1984 cucv m1009. It’s still a work in progress and Plan on having it finished by January.

Parts list so far.

: diy4x shackles flip with 54 inch Tahoe springs in rear

:diy4x b52 front spring swap with 52 inch k5 springs in front

:diy4x HD FRONT shackle hangers

:Northwest fab dana60 highsteer kit

:h1 beadlocks and bfg Baja ta’s

:12v p pump Cummins engine

:NV4500 Cummins trans with Chevy main shaft and full rebuild and a np208 transfercase

:Dana 60 drw front axle and van 14bolt rear with 4.56 gears

View attachment 74807View attachment 74808
Can't wait to see it finished. We had one when I was in the USMC.