Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all, Sean and Cassie here. We live in the Tulsa Oklahoma area. Currently driving a 2003 UMME as you can see, usually some shade of brown. Love off roading and camping so overlanding seemed like the natural progression. Looking forward to exploring new trails and meeting many of you!
Hi Sean and Cassie and welcome to OB! Nice looking UMME! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: smh34209

Murray Rudd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

6173 Highway 2, Southampton, NS, Canada
First Name
Murray
Last Name
Rudd
Member #

Hi all, I just signed up - had heard about OB from a trail friend I met last summer on the TAT. I'm currently working in Atlanta, but soon moving to Malmö Sweden in January (shipping my rig at Christmas), so thought I would try to connect with some overlanders once there.

I have a 2015 Jeep JKU - this picture is from Oklahoma last June.
20170530-TransAmericaTrail-14783-Edit-Edit.JPG

I learned to drive (way back) on Vancouver Island logging roads with my dad's International Scout. After many years of not doing much off-road, I decided to buy a JK. Did a round trip on the Trans-America Trail last summer and a few weeks on backroads on Vancouver Island. Photography is a side gig for me, so my JKU is my photo assistant, taking me places not many people get to.

Robert Hargrave

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ormond Beach, Florida
Member #

Hello All,

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback and I live in Ormond Beach FL. Ormond is on the East coast just north of Daytona Beach. My overlanding experience is limited but growing all the time. Closest location for ovelanding is the Ocala National Forest but we do have the luxury of being able to drive on the beach. Nothing like taking your rig for a ride along the ocean! Looking to eventually travel through Mexico and Central America to visit friends and do some mountain climbing.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

KarmaSeoul

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Hello,
Will be living in the South Shore area of Massachusetts. I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport. I haven't had any true overlanding experience yet but do spend a lot of time doing day hikes and some camping from time to time. Looking forward to the adventures ahead.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, I just signed up - had heard about OB from a trail friend I met last summer on the TAT. I'm currently working in Atlanta, but soon moving to Malmö Sweden in January (shipping my rig at Christmas), so thought I would try to connect with some overlanders once there.

View attachment 38846

I learned to drive (way back) on Vancouver Island logging roads with my dad's International Scout. After many years of not doing much off-road, I decided to buy a JK. Did a round trip on the Trans-America Trail last summer and a few weeks on backroads on Vancouver Island. Photography is a side gig for me, so my JKU is my photo assistant, taking me places not many people get to.
Hi Murray and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Murray Rudd

Scott Marquez

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Poquoson, VA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

B7A76B23-76D8-410B-969F-B1A8C10B763F.jpeg 6065C745-46CA-4E0A-80BD-3049FF2BE27F.png Poquoson, VA
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon w/ a Patriot X1 camper (on order). We are new to Overlanding and toking for some great trips, tips and meets.

We are in the process of lifting the rig, adding larger tires, lights, etc...the main thing is we have fun! Say hey if you are in the area

Last edited:
Reactions: GHQ1 and Chadlyb

schwartzki

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) 177DD4EB-FBA7-4597-A658-0D717A3C9786.jpeg 115F658E-1AB0-4AF4-BC97-75D48D3FD2B5.jpeg F8F2B9FB-6BC1-4BFF-9439-6743F7836BF6.jpeg 2083BD13-F4D9-4496-A69F-B418D5A2BC18.jpeg 6CFDDFAE-4B7E-4D29-AFBA-B86B8C9F43C4.jpeg
2) Boring old north east Indiana
3) 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
4) New to off-road overlanding. Experience in off-roading, RVing, backpacking. Cannot get enough.

First real off road vehicle. Had a half ton PU that I did some off-roading in but was to big for most trails. Put almost 13k miles on my 4Runner since I got it in the spring.

Lots of things I want to do to it but this is a budget build. Gone through and did a lot of preventative maint when I first got it as it had 204k miles and I expect it to last till at least 300k.

So far it has gotten a suspension refresh and K02’s, I built some drawers and did a rear diff breather relocation. I hope to find some better suspension and a mild lift and spend more time off road and outdoors.

Here is a cool rig I found on my travels...not sure what it is: 0DD8DC8C-73E5-4DD2-88F0-67BD2FCE5824.jpeg

Last edited:

Dao_josh

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greensburg PA
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Josh. An I got a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 door. Named Hector. About 6 in lift and some after market goodies. Have been offroading before I had a driver's license. But as I get older and my kids are starting to get bigger I want them to enjoy the outdoors as much as I have. So as a family we are starting our journey into overlanding. Have a close group of friends that go as well. YouTube channel destination adventure overland. We are from the Greensburg PA area if anyone is around please feel free to look us up! We are looking forward to meeting new people and seeing new places! Thanks

GrahamJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Summerwood, Houston, Texas
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Graham, and I currently live in the Houston area. When I was a teenager, I had a 2003 Jeep TJ that I conquered many trails and mud pits with, after college I decided I was a sports car guy and got a Z4.. then a G35.. then an M3. I recently realized that I really don't use a sports car to its full potential (didn't want to track my out of warranty daily driver), and I remembered how much fun I used to have with my Jeep. I started looking into Jeeps and watching youtube videos and finally came across a video of a Jeep vs. a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and instantly fell in love with it, within a few weeks I had one of my own :) a 2018 Colorado ZR2, Black, V6. It is very capable straight from the factory with a 2 inch lift, some decent all-terrain tires, front and rear lockers, and multimatic DSSV shocks which give it a great ride on and off road. I have already upgraded the headlights and installed a Retrax tonneau cover, future upgrades will be some Baja Designs lights/lightbar, and a more heavy duty front bumper and winch.

I am here to meet new people in the central and east texas area. I live in Houston, but I visit Austin regularly to see my mom and some friends. I'd like to find some trails that are close enough for day trips. I am also interested in social events (rigs and coffee meetup, etc.).

Hope to meet some of you soon!

-Graham

image2.jpeg image6.jpeg Dusk.jpeg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 38871 View attachment 38872 Poquoson, VA
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon w/ a Patriot X1 camper (on order). We are new to Overlanding and toking for some great trips, tips and meets.

We are in the process of lifting the rig, adding larger tires, lights, etc...the main thing is we have fun! Say hey if you are in the area
Hi Scott and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Scott Marquez

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) View attachment 38855 View attachment 38856 View attachment 38857 View attachment 38858 View attachment 38859 View attachment 38860
2) Boring old north east Indiana
3) 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
4) New to off-road overlanding. Experience in off-roading, RVing, backpacking. Cannot get enough.

First real off road vehicle. Had a half ton PU that I did some off-roading in but was to big for most trails. Put almost 13k miles on my 4Runner since I got it in the spring.

Lots of things I want to do to it but this is a budget build. Gone through and did a lot of preventative maint when I first got it as it had 204k miles and I expect it to last till at least 300k.

So far it has gotten a suspension refresh and K02’s, I built some drawers and did a rear diff breather relocation. I hope to find some better suspension and a mild lift and spend more time off road and outdoors.
Hi Schwartzkui and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Josh. An I got a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 door. Named Hector. About 6 in lift and some after market goodies. Have been offroading before I had a driver's license. But as I get older and my kids are starting to get bigger I want them to enjoy the outdoors as much as I have. So as a family we are starting our journey into overlanding. Have a close group of friends that go as well. YouTube channel destination adventure overland. We are from the Greensburg PA area if anyone is around please feel free to look us up! We are looking forward to meeting new people and seeing new places! Thanks
Hi Josh and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Dao_josh

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Graham, and I currently live in the Houston area. When I was a teenager, I had a 2003 Jeep TJ that I conquered many trails and mud pits with, after college I decided I was a sports car guy and got a Z4.. then a G35.. then an M3. I recently realized that I really don't use a sports car to its full potential (didn't want to track my out of warranty daily driver), and I remembered how much fun I used to have with my Jeep. I started looking into Jeeps and watching youtube videos and finally came across a video of a Jeep vs. a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and instantly fell in love with it, within a few weeks I had one of my own :) a 2018 Colorado ZR2, Black, V6. It is very capable straight from the factory with a 2 inch lift, some decent all-terrain tires, front and rear lockers, and multimatic DSSV shocks which give it a great ride on and off road. I have already upgraded the headlights and installed a Retrax tonneau cover, future upgrades will be some Baja Designs lights/lightbar, and a more heavy duty front bumper and winch.

I am here to meet new people in the central and east texas area. I live in Houston, but I visit Austin regularly to see my mom and some friends. I'd like to find some trails that are close enough for day trips. I am also interested in social events (rigs and coffee meetup, etc.).

Hope to meet some of you soon!

-Graham

View attachment 38863 View attachment 38864 View attachment 38866
Hi Graham and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: GrahamJ

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38846

Hello Murray and welcome to the OB crew..Good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Murray Rudd

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Howdy All,
I recently paid off the 2012 Tundra DC so now it is time to start the build. Aside from from some custom wiring for radio/antennas, window shade/vents, and bucket floor mats it is still stock. I've been doing the plastic tote shuffle in an open bed for a couple of years now and it is getting old. I previously built/drove a Ranger for 22 years that was a very capable trail machine and DD but it was essentially a one-man rig due to size. The Tundra will be more over-landing specific with family in mind. I have a trailer I plan to begin modifying as well for adding to the long-range camping ability and to carry a 14' raft and oar frame while inflated.

Our trips are primarily to the western U.S. region, Canada, and Mexico with weekend get-aways in our home state of CO being frequent. Our activities are biking, hiking, hunting/target, rafting/SUPing, fishing, astronomy, and HAM radio, in addition to the travel and site seeing. I am still working through the needs/wants/nice-to-have lists but it is more about fitting effective and efficient systems than it is about a dream list. My goal is to have the truck self-sufficient for 3 people on trips and then have the trailer specifically for rafting adventures, hunting trips (ATV carrier), and situations that require a ton of extra cargo (yard waste etc.). I want to add a pretty robust kitchen and food prep station to the trailer in pull drawers near the front and incorporate water storage but otherwise it will be a simple off road capable hauler of toys.

Immediate plans:
1. Cap/Topper with rack, heavy duty to hold tent eventually. Likely an ARE Overland
2. Decked system or similar for storage in bed; possibly a Cargo Glide too
3. Suspension/tire upgrade
4. On-board air (for inflatables - tires, raft, SUPs, etc.)
5. Solar lighting/charging system

I've been an outdoors man all of my life but it has been primarily focused on backpacking mobility. Intentionally building a truck up to support the outdoors lifestyle beyond transportation will improve the family outings greatly.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All,

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback and I live in Ormond Beach FL. Ormond is on the East coast just north of Daytona Beach. My overlanding experience is limited but growing all the time. Closest location for ovelanding is the Ocala National Forest but we do have the luxury of being able to drive on the beach. Nothing like taking your rig for a ride along the ocean! Looking to eventually travel through Mexico and Central America to visit friends and do some mountain climbing.
Hello Robert and welcome to the OB crew...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,
Will be living in the South Shore area of Massachusetts. I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport. I haven't had any true overlanding experience yet but do spend a lot of time doing day hikes and some camping from time to time. Looking forward to the adventures ahead.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..Glad to add another Toy to the group

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38871 View attachment 38872 Poquoson, VA

Hello Scott and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and set up..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Scott Marquez