• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi there
My name is Eric #8472. I leave in McLean Va and just recently switched from a BMW X5 to a much more off-road worthy 4Runner TRD pro. I am not totally new to off~roading having used rental vehicle (do not tell Hertz) to visit some not so paved roads in Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and California. Some of the staircases in the Maze district were not so easy with Qx56 (might as well do it in style). Anyway, I joined the group to learn from more seasoned drivers and discover the tracks available to us on the east coast. Before getting into tough roads, I will have to do some upgrades to the new vehicle. Note that this is my daily ride. I am not there into converting it into a full overland rig :)
And hope to find help/advise here as well.
Regards,
Eric
Hi Eric and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) Pic linked above
2) SoCal San Diego area
3) 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (JKU)
4) Overlanding Experience is very minimal. I've taken short trips here and there and each time my 'Overland Checklist' keeps growing. Someday my wallet will catch-up with my overland wishlist!
I'm taking the Mojave Trail this weekend with my local group of off roaders. Gonna be a blast driving over 150 miles through the desert without pavement!
Hello Erik and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: SchmidtSoCal #8488

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, names Kirby
Rig: 85 4runner
Experience: New to Overlanding been offroading and rock crawling for a while now. Trying to combine all 3 now.LOL
Hello Kirby and welcome to the OB crew..always happy to add another Toy to the group..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Exploring208

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sheepdog, because I love my Aussie.
1) I'm in San Francisco
2) 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
3) very Novice to Overland's experience. Did some camping when young. Now with the kids out of the house, me and my dog are looking forward to explor the better half of life and some amazing trips.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Everyone,

1) I'm in San Francisco
3) very Novice to Overland's experience. Did some camping when young. Now with the kids out of the house, me and my dog are looking forward to explor the better half of life and some amazing trips.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..nive raptor

Overactor

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ohio
Hi there, Im new to the Forum. My name is Rob. Ive lurked Expo portal for years. Ive spent 16 years in military and federal law enforcement with lots of overlanding in foreign countries lol. I enjoy camping and bow hunting, I am an avid shooter. Long range precision matches, IDPA and 2 &3 Gun matches are my favorite.
Ive recently sold my 2012 Tacoma trd off road and my 2013 jeep wrangler. So i guess my 2013 ram 2500 diesel will be my ride for the time being. I have really been wanting to get into a 5th gen 4 runner.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location-Central Ohio
3) Rig 2013 Ram 2500 CTD- deleted and tuned, 35's 17" Methods
4) Overlanding Experience Background -Beginner

Reactions: Chadlyb

Igorskiy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Igor and I am from Los Angeles CA.

My first introduction to off road was a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 2wd, and that got me interested and excited in off road traveling. I then bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited which I build for camping and overland travel, but after a few trips with it I realized that a bit more power is needed for highway driving, we all want to spend most time in a dirt, but realistically getting there has to happen first. I just got a 1999 Lexus LX470 which is going to be built with all the knowledge that I gained in the last few years and lessons learned.

My overlanding experience is more of novice, but I have done a few trips. The biggest thing I learned is not to cram too many plans, have some flexibility on a trip and just get out there!

Looking forward to learning from the good people of this group!

My Montero

New LX470 project

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi there, Im new to the Forum. My name is Rob. Ive lurked Expo portal for years. Ive spent 16 years in military and federal law enforcement with lots of overlanding in foreign countries lol. I enjoy camping and bow hunting, I am an avid shooter. Long range precision matches, IDPA and 2 &3 Gun matches are my favorite.
Ive recently sold my 2012 Tacoma trd off road and my 2013 jeep wrangler. So i guess my 2013 ram 2500 diesel will be my ride for the time being. I have really been wanting to get into a 5th gen 4 runner.

2) Location-Central Ohio

Hello Rob and welcome to the OB crew...thank you for your service and sacrifice..look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings Everyone,

My first introduction to off road was a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 2wd, and that got me interested and excited in off road traveling. I then bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited which I build for camping and overland travel, but after a few trips with it I realized that a bit more power is needed for highway driving, we all want to spend most time in a dirt, but realistically getting there has to happen first. I just got a 1999 Lexus LX470 which is going to be built with all the knowledge that I gained in the last few years and lessons learned.

My overlanding experience is more of novice, but I have done a few trips. The biggest thing I learned is not to cram too many plans, have some flexibility on a trip and just get out there!

My Montero

New LX470 project

Hello Igor and welcome to the OB crew...good looking rig...look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Igorskiy

Saar Ben-Attar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi there,

Please advise how I could post new messages in your forums. Is there a guide one can use?

Regards,

Saar Ben-Attar

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

1) I'm in San Francisco
Hi Sheepdog and welcome to OB! Nice looking Raptor! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

2) Location-Central Ohio

Hi Rob and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Overactor

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings Everyone,

My Montero

New LX470 project

Hi Igor and welcome to OB! Nice looking LX! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Igorskiy